• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He use to be a great composer, until he took an accusation to the knee.

Joking aside, this is heartbreaking... Who knows how many other high power scumbags do such shit. A lot more than we probably fear.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I meantioned multiple times that I read a comment that seemed to be talking about power abuse in general and I replied in that context. Didnt seem like a mistake at the time.
I clarified my thoughts on how I agree that this specific form of abuse is overwhelmingly one-sided for many reasons.

Doesnt fucking matter.

I might have screwed up on how I recontextualized a comment, but everything after is just fucked up
Still get accusatory posts like this:

With respect:

Sometimes you take that L and stop posting. This was never the thread for discussion general power abuse.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Doesnt fucking matter. Still get accusatory posts like this:

I might have screwed up on how I recontextualized a comment, but everything after is just fucked up.

I thought you were out?

I still don't believe you made a "mistake" btw.

No one asked you to redo someone's post and no one needed you to inform us that women in power can abuse it too (like do you think everyone here is too dumb to know this?)

Like Mesoian said. Just take the L dude.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing Rape Allegations and Antagonizing Other Users Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Numerous Prior Bans for Inflammatory Behavior
Go troll somewhere else. The old forum immediately became a racist / misogynyst trashfire after everyone decent left. There's absolutely no reason to 'meet them in the middle" on this.

Wtf are you talking about? Meet in middle as in don't fucking affirm or deny anyone's guilt until the evidence gets layed out. Some of you have your head so far up your ass it's amazing. Just because someone doesn't view shit or ring the persecution bell the way many are here doesn't mean they are wrong. No one knows wtf is going on but those involved and there is a court system to validate that not jumping to conclusion based off heresay. I'm happy asf some of you aren't judges.

I see this forum is how the other was before the migration happened. Can't speak your mind because the clickish "know it alls" sjws come out full swing and I've seen mods perpetuate this bs.

Bottom line I don't take sides. They will have their day in court and I hope whoever is lying and guilty gets the full extent of the law. I don't go by twiiter posts, hearsay or any other medium.

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf are you talking about? Meet in middle as in don't fucking affirm or deny anyone's guilt until the evidence gets layed out. Some of you have your head so far up your ass it's amazing. Just because son
Meone doesn't view shit or ring the persecution bell the way many are here doesn't mean they are wrong. No one knows wtf is going on but those involved and there is a court system to validate that not jumping to conclusion based off here say. I'm happy asf some of you aren't judges.

This isn't a court room and none of us have implied we want to be judge jury and executioner lol.

If you think court is where justice is served for rape and sexual assault victims you're living in a dream world dude.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
Wtf are you talking about? Meet in middle as in don't fucking affirm or deny anyone's guilt until the evidence gets layed out. Some of you have your head so far up your ass it's amazing. Just because son
Meone doesn't view shit or ring the persecution bell the way many are here doesn't mean they are wrong. No one knows wtf is going on but those involved and there is a court system to validate that not jumping to conclusion based off here say. I'm happy asf some of you aren't judges.
You know a good chunk of rape cases are prosecuted based on many testimonies from victims, right? In the US we even have a Federal Rule of Evidence for it, Rule 413. If multiple people come forward with consistent testimony that shows a consistent motive, plan, intent, etc, it's as good as physical evidence. You can't even get a group of people to decide on lunch, much less a consistent testimony for each of them.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know a good chunk of rape cases are prosecuted based on many testimonies from victims, right? In the US we even have a Federal Rule of Evidence for it, Rule 413. If multiple people come forward with consistent testimony that shows a consistent motive, plan, intent, etc, it's as good as physical evidence. You can't even get a group of people to decide on lunch, much less a consistent testimony for each of them.

You do know there have been trials, testimonies and accusers pointing fingers in cases in which the defendant was actually innocent rght? Some of the ppl recanted years late abd apologized, others were exonerated via DNA evidence and others languished in jail for shit thy didn't do. Also vice versa where guilty parties walked free. I don't get your point? Our justice system isn't infallible my point is though I'll trust in tht before a Twitter post. I'll let the evidence talk then ppl can judge, not judge before someone is even given a chance to their due process.

Oct 25, 2017
Many people with power and/or influence tend to abuse it. Lets not pretend its encoded in the male genome and women are imune to it. There simply are more men with power.
Didnt we get a Katy Perry thread a few weeks ago with someone accusing her of showing his dick to a crowd for shits and giggles?

No one is saying that men are inherently precluded to do this. They're saying that men are raised in a society that encourages things like this in a way that women are not. Hell, women aren't even encouraged to seek power in society.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
You do know there have been trials, testimonies and accusers pointing fingers in cases in which the defendant was actually innocent rght? Some of the ppl recanted years late abd apologized, others were exonerated via DNA evidence and others languished in jail for shit thy didn't do. Also vice versa where guilty parties walked free. I don't get your point? Our justice system isn't infallible my point is though I'll trust in tht before a Twitter post. I'll let the evidence talk then ppl can judge, not judge before someone is even given a chance to their due process.
Just believe women, dude.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alec Holowka (Night in the Woods dev) was also called out for rape yesterday by a few women. Not sure if there's a thread for that.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This isn't a court room and none of us have implied we want to be judge jury and executioner lol.

If you think court is where justice is served for rape and sexual assault victims you're living in a dream world dude.

No its decided here on era. Speak for yourself some on here are condemning without knowing, typical shit on here. The other forum is no better at times crying innocence without knowing shit lol Thanks for your insightful info though.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
No its decided here on era.

Era is a speck of dust on the massive entity known as the internet. Dont be so dramatic lol.

Speak for yourself some on here are condemning without knowing, typical shit on here. The other forum is no better at times crying innocence without knowing shit lol Thanks for your insightful info though.

Believe women is not the same as lets not have a trial, collect evidence or go through due process. It's based on the quantifiable fact that the vast majority of sexual assualt accusations are not false. But anyone who did even a bit of research on the topic would know this.

No one is making you take Twitter posts seriously. But no one here is pretending this is a court of law either so I dont get why you think playing that angle matters. Do you need to be shown the millions of instances where someone who commits rape gets of scott free or with a slap on the wrist? The law isn't infallible. That's why basing your whole view on a court trial is naive.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Era is a speck of dust on the massive entity known as the internet. Dont be so dramatic lol.

Believe women is not the same as lets not have a trial, collect evidence or go through due process. It's based on the quantifiable fact that the vast majority of sexual assualt accusations are not false. But anyone who did even a bit of research on the topic would know this.

No one is making you take Twitter posts seriously. But no one here is pretending this is a court of law either so I dont get why you think playing that angle matters. Do you need to be shown the millions of instances where someone who commits rape gets of scott free or with a slap on the wrist? The law isn't infallible. That's why basing your whole view on a court trial is naive.

I've learned in life some ppl know it all, others just like to read what they write and others just can't help themselves.

I'll leave it at this and restate the simple thing I said. No one should be casting stones or claiming someone is innocent without letting this play out and hearing the evidence. For every case of a guilty walking free there has been an innocent put in jail based off lies abd testimony. Your reiterating my same point of the court system not being infallible. That's not the point either way, the point is no one should be jumping to judgements based off emotions, whats cool this day in age, bias, etc without knowing more. If you don't understand what I'm saying then sorry to hear tht bro.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I agree with kenjovi. I apologize for my initial post for triggered people by the way I said things. I had good intentions. I just wanted to see this in a neutral view and did not want to judge right away and was surprised people were quick to condemn. I clicked and skimmed the link provided in the OP after the initial post after to get a sense of what happened.

Was not trying to dismiss someone's personal experiences/ story. Rape is horrific and there are people that are really manipulative. But there are gray areas as well which muddles things, especially when you only hear one side of the story. I just want the truth and justice served for all victims.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I've learned in life some ppl know it all, others just like to read what they write and others just can't help themselves.

I'll leave it at this and restate the simple thing I said. No one should be casting stones or claiming someone is innocent without letting this play out and hearing the evidence. For every case of a guilty walking free there has been an innocent put in jail based off lies abd testimony. Your reiterating my same point of the court system not being infallible. That's not the point either way, the point is no one should be jumping to judgements based off emotions, whats cool this day in age, bias, etc without knowing more. If you don't understand what I'm saying then sorry to hear tht bro.
Letting old men on the internet was a mistake.

They're determined to protect their own.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
For every case of a guilty walking free there has been an innocent put in jail based off lies abd testimony

Receipts. Not individual instances, show me the data.

I agree with kenjovi. I apologize for my initial post for triggered people by the way I said things. I had good intentions. I just wanted to see this in a neutral view and did not want to judge right away and was surprised people were quick to condemn. I clicked and skimmed the link provided in the OP after the initial post after to get a sense of what happened.

Was not trying to dismiss someone's personal experiences/ story. Rape is horrific and there are people that are really manipulative. But there are gray areas as well which muddles things, especially when you only hear one side of the story. I just want the truth and justice served for all victims.

Dog, if your first inclination is to immediately jump to the defense of the accused (and make no mistake, that's what posts like that are, even if you don't think that's what you're doing, that's what it reads like), you might need to do some self-reflection. Thanks for at least having a bit of self-awareness, unlike ding dong up there.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf are you talking about? Meet in middle as in don't fucking affirm or deny anyone's guilt until the evidence gets layed out. Some of you have your head so far up your ass it's amazing. Just because someone doesn't view shit or ring the persecution bell the way many are here doesn't mean they are wrong. No one knows wtf is going on but those involved and there is a court system to validate that not jumping to conclusion based off heresay. I'm happy asf some of you aren't judges.

Out_Of_1000_SexualAssaults_053019.png

Your belief in the court system is illogical. It's an incredibly inefficient, unreliable system when it comes to sexual assault.

I see this forum is how the other was before the migration happened. Can't speak your mind because the clickish "know it alls" sjws come out full swing and I've seen mods perpetuate this bs.

This is not the kind of post I would expect from a rational, unbiased individual.

Bottom line I don't take sides. They will have their day in court and I hope whoever is lying and guilty gets the full extent of the law. I don't go by twiiter posts, hearsay or any other medium.

You clearly are taking sides. Saying "let the justice system handle it" when the justice system doesn't work is not really a neutral position to take.

Fake edit:
"For every case of a guilty walking free there has been an innocent put in jail based off lies abd testimony. "
"That's not the point either way, the point is no one should be jumping to judgements based off emotions "

Take your own advice.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Okay???

This is not a nuanced perspective. It's just wildly naive. But do you bro lol.

You really dunno when to stop eh?

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
I knew Soule was pretty suspect from how his Kickstarter Album turned out, but this is just depressingly sad. The sheer banality of evil on display, both by him and those who supported him.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Well, A) I don't buy you're making this argument in good faith because of the false equivalency between the old place and this, and the "SJWs" nonsense.
and B) the point behind the 'believe women' thing is that it's obvious to anyone that pays attention to reality that actual abuse cases vastly outnumber fake accusations, and even if things do go to court, the legal system in general isn't in favor of the victims.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bro you should go get help and learn to not hate women

" "know it alls" sjws " is really telling. Like for real talk to your mom or something

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
While there does need to be more evidence to show, I think just from her description this guy sounds like some kind of cult leader. I mean he seems ridiculously manipulative. Even if she turns out to be unstable a bit he is definitely not gonna be exonerated of everything. He didn't even pay her for the website she built ffs. Now why would you treat someone like that you had relations with?

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
The news is one of the top posts on /r/games. Dude must be shitting himself. I'm shocked their mods didn't delete it as "not game related".

r/games, while not being the most socially conscious community I've been in, definitely is sensitive to those elements too. I think as far as 'general games' community its surprisingly not reactionary.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
The thing I've learned over the past couple years is that people have this really warped idea of what happens when accusers step forward; like misogynists seem to think that 'being coddled' by 'the sjws' somehow more than makes up for all the hatred and death threats they get from stepping forward. And it really doesn't; it is WAY more easy to emotionally harm someone than it is to emotionally heal them. So many people don't understand the social and emotional risk that comes from stepping forward, and how institutions exist to defend male power as a class.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Well, this has tainted my love for the Total Annihilation soundtracks. Such a shame. I hope he gets his dues.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Jeremy hasn't said a single word in his own defense so far, and no evidence has been presented that would prove it to be false, so there is literally no reason not to believe this story at this point. Your response is not neutral at all. You're saying people should assume the victim is a liar until a court proves that they're not, and these types of crimes are notoriously difficult to prosecute.

And you really need to take SJW out of your vocabulary. I'm surprised you weren't permed.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Materia Collective (Video game music record label/publisher) terminated their relationship with Soule, so let's see if more will happen.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
Jeremy hasn't said a single word in his own defense so far, and no evidence has been presented that would prove it to be false, so there is literally no reason not to believe this story at this point. Your response is not neutral at all. You're saying people should assume the victim is a liar until a court proves that they're not, and these types of crimes are notoriously difficult to prosecute.

And you really need to take SJW out of your vocabulary. I'm surprised you weren't permed.

Jeremy's apparent silence regarding this doesn't indicate guilt or innocence. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Materia Collective (Video game music record label/publisher) terminated their relationship with Soule, so let's see if more will happen.

I'd personally like to see Bethesda Game Studios sever ties with him in an official capacity as this all pans out.

I get the feeling they already have for other reasons, but I'd just like a confirmation from them at some point.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
r/games, while not being the most socially conscious community I've been in, definitely is sensitive to those elements too. I think as far as 'general games' community its surprisingly not reactionary.

If only the same could be said for other subs. The news has been scrubbed from /r/skyrim and /r/guildwars2 unfortunately. Hopefully the actual news outlets don't let us down.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
If only the same could be said for the subreddits of the games where he was involved. The news have been scrubbed from /r/skyrim and /r/guildwars2 unfortunately. Hopefully the actual news outlets don't let us down.

It's still up on r/bethesda at least.

Jeremy's apparent silence regarding this doesn't indicate guilt or innocence. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Deleting your own Twitter is a bit more than 'silence'.

Last edited:

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Eh.

Let's say, no response of any kind is damning. It doesn't have to be him, but at this point, it's been, what, 4 days...I would have expected a statement from his lawyer at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a horrifying story. Horrifying in its detail and horrifying because of how common stories like this are.

I will say this to all of the people repeating "innocent until proven guilty" like it's some sort of magical incantation: Innocent until proven guilty exists as one part of the criminal justice system. You can't just pick it out and make it stand up on it's own. It exists as a balance to the power of the State and exists alongside things like thorough investigations, licensed and trained prosecution and defense, a system of judges, appeals, and incarceration.

It is not a universal standard for how people deal with accusations of misbehavior.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Eh.

Let's say, no response of any kind is damning. It doesn't have to be him, but at this point, it's been, what, 4 days...I would have expected a statement from his lawyer at this point.

He's been accused of a very serious crime. It wouldn't surprise me if lawyers are telling him to say nothing until a defence of the accusations can be mounted. I hope this plays out in a court of law as it should be. I can't comment on the details other than what the person has accused him of but social media is so toxic, I'm not sure it's the right forum to come out with accusations such as these.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'd personally like to see Bethesda Game Studios sever ties with him in an official capacity as this all pans out.

I get the feeling they already have for other reasons, but I'd just like a confirmation from them at some point.
He's already not working on Elder Scrolls VI. Unless he was working with them on another game I'm not aware of, he has no current working agreement with them.