• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
He was head of Netflix marketing for 7 years.
netflix.png

Before that, he was also head of Xbox marketing during the 360 era from 2005-2011, the best time in the history of the Xbox brand. Come back to be Xbox's head of marketing.
Micro.png

More in the link

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly feels like Netflix is terrible at marketing the vast majority of their content outside of your occasional Birdbox or The Irishman but what do I know.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Was head of marketing during the peak period of Xbox? Literally the best guy for the job then.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This guy was a big part of the greatest video game marketing campaign ever so this is good news

OP
OP
danrbg

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, with that APAC experience maybe they'll finally decide to put Malaysia in Game Pass supported countries.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who knows if he had much input into the end result. I think the ad teams hit it out the park most of the time. Xbox marketing was ace from Xbox to Xbox 360. Play More, Jump In, Halo 3 etc.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
MS is loading their bullpen with talent. Going to be fun watching these guys launch a new gen console.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Dude has my dream job! Hopefully this doesn't effect Aaron Greenberg. I think he's GM of Marketing. I like him.

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Netflix has some of the worst marketing around. Hell, Altered Carbon S2 being out on February with the announcement 2 days ago it's prime example. How they don't advertise shows like Mindhunters and people don't even know they're out another one.
In the streaming services HBO it's a totally different game marketing wise (even quality but this are tastes).

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Spends his time writing and pointing lights at things nowadays
My last two brain cells, discussing the video game business
Apparently I meant Aaron Greenberg! Was having a brain fade moment.

According to his twitter account his title is GM Xbox Games Marketing...so I assume the person in the OT will be his new boss...I wonder if there is a GM or xbox hardware marketing as Aaron "only" covers games.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I guess they should rehire Don Mattrick as well since he was over the entire division during its peak.

Mattrick wasn't responsible for anything of substance outside of Kinect. Marketing is something you see immediately. How you invest and support content takes 3 to 4 years to start showing. Mattrick was a cancer to Xbox. This guy led a successful marketing campaign for every year he was at Xbox...which yes, included successfully pushing the Kinect unfortunately.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix has some of the worst marketing around. Hell, Altered Carbon S2 being out on February with the announcement 2 days ago it's prime example. How they don't advertise shows like Mindhunters and people don't even know they're out another one.
In the streaming services HBO it's a totally different game marketing wise (even quality but this are tastes).

And yet somehow you know Altered Carbon S2 come out in Feb so it seems whatever marketing they did reached you. Netflix releases new stuff every week, not every show is going to get a big marketing push through traditional media.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
And yet somehow you know Altered Carbon S2 come out in Feb so it seems whatever marketing they did reached you. Netflix releases new stuff every week, not every show is going to get a big marketing push through traditional media.

Wait...Altered Carbon S2 is coming out in Feb?! Fucking huge news! Lol

Seriously though, whatever Netflix did to gain mindshare, it worked. They dont have to advertise much anymore.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
i know there is value in this kind of info, learning about upcoming games etc....but still weird to me to see people follow people's job changes like this. Must be even weirder from the other side.