• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I guess they should rehire Don Mattrick as well since he was over the entire division during its peak.
The quality of the Xbox brand started dropping in 2012 and Mattrick nearly killed the division in 2013.

Jerret West continued to have a successful career at Netflix.

West was also a part of the 360 launch and Halo 3 marketing. Mattrick only joined in July 2007.

But ok.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
How amazing the culture of Xbox is so much more attractive to the whole industry!
People coming back, others joining new initiatives and etc. the list goes on. next-gen and the next 10+ years with gaming is going to be a TREAT!!!

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Because I have notifications on for the account.

Hey, when you get a certain amount of status, you don't need as much formal advertising. You can rely on social media and word of mouth. I've even heard rumors that companies can be top trenders just showing off a new logo without much build up. Xbox isn't there. They weren't getting much help with this current gen marketing approach. I'd say the change is good.