• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3468600/jessica-chastain-wants-play-beverly-chapter-2/

As far as we're aware, casting for the adult Losers' Club in 2019's IT: Chapter 2 has not yet begun, but one of the big names being thrown around since before the first film even came out has been Jessica Chastain, who seems to be a shoe-in for the role of Beverly Marsh

After all, Chastain looks like a grown up Sophia Lillis, and she's also got a history with director Andy Muschietti, having starred in his debut feature, Mama.

Speaking with Screen Rant, Chastain revealed that she'd love to play Beverly.

"Well, I love Andy and Barbara," Chastain told the site. "I worked with them on Andy's directorial debut, you know, his film, Mama. His first film. And you know, Barbara is one of my best friends so… Listen, of course, I want to work… they're my friends. They're like my family. Anything that they're doing I want to be a part of, so I hope we can make it happen."

Not surprisingly, Muschietti also loves the idea.

"Jessica is an amazing actress and a very good friend and I would love her to play Beverly," he recently told Variety. "She loves the movie and it feels like the planets are aligned in that sense, but we still have to make that happen. There are a lot of ideas for the rest of the cast that I'm playing with, but it's a bit too premature to say those names right now."

Either her or Amy Adams would be perfect for the role.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How great is it to ask politely for small things like a movie role. xD
Jokes aside, I think she'd be great.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really worried about who they get for Beverly. The grown up guys are gonna be interesting to see who they pick.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can we please stop fancasting Chastain as every red-haired character just because she has red hair?

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Chapter 2 brings the horror to a furious level. I thought the first was an amazing film, thus it was a great horror film, however I did want to be more frightened by it in general. That's not to say it didn't have its moments, but there were also a share of misfires in this regard that felt too "modern" horror; like twitching faces, fast motions, all that.

The Patrick scene in the sewers especially wasn't effective at all and needed to be a lot more horrifying than it actually was. Hopefully they're able to push that further, especially where it's going to be an adult film rather than a teenager coming of age story. Just go all out with it.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love Jessica Chastain in IT part 2...

But there is another

fj8nercre5pz.jpg

amy-adams-1.jpg

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
There's more to casting than whether someone looks the part. Chastain is much closer to being able to actually play this part. She's done fucked up characters like this before, and Adams hasn't (at least that I've ever seen). Chastain is far and away my first choice, has been since I saw the film. She wants to do it, the director likes her for it, and Sophia Lillis herself likes her for it. I think we already have a winner.

Remains to be seen who they cast for the rest of the Losers' Club.

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
There's more to casting than whether someone looks the part. Chastain is much closer to being able to actually play this part. She's done fucked up characters like this before, and Adams hasn't (at least that I've ever seen). Chastain is far and away my first choice, has been since I saw the film. She wants to do it, the director likes her for it, and Sophia Lillis herself likes her for it. I think we already have a winner.

I might agree if Amy weren't a terrific enough actress. She could do it.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd prefer Chastain for her chops but it's undeniable that Adams is a dead ringer for an older Beverly.

It'll be interesting to see who they select to fill in for the guys.

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
A great actress that looks the part versus a great actress that looks slightly less the part.

I'll take the former! :p

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cast Chris Hemsworth as Ben, some of the lesser Chrises would be good alternatives.

Also John C Rilley as Eddie.

crisdecuba

Alt-Account.
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I would prefer Amy Adams. She's a excellent actress who's a dead ringer for the younger version.

Oct 27, 2017
Cast Chris Hemsworth as Ben, some of the lesser Chrises would be good alternatives.

Also John C Rilley as Eddie.

I'll do you one better for Ben. I really, really want it to be Jason Ritter:

MV5BMTMzODA1NzMyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI5MDEyNg@@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Who ResetEra/the old forum knows best as his animated avatar (whom also was heads over heels for a cute redhead):

latest

But most importantly, whose real-life father (Three's Company's John Ritter) was Ben in the original It miniseries in 1990!

giphy.gif

Guy just pretty much needs a beard and he's ready to go!

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Amy Adams all the way. She is my favorite actress. I've found her dreamy since I first saw her in Enchanted, and she's been great in every role I've seen her in since. She needs to be in IT Part 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I feel like the best option would be to get both Amy Adams and Jessica Chastain for the film; remember that the original book goes to great efforts to note how Audrey (Bill's wife in the Adult part) is eerily similar to Beverly in physical appearance. Multiple characters in the book think on that specific detail when comparing the two.

It's just a matter of which one is better suited to play Bev and which is better suited to play Audrey.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Is this one of those things where the interviewer asks if she'd like to play X and she says "sure, why not"?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Bev's actress is playing a younger Amy Adams in Sharp Objects. So someone already noticed the uncanny resemblance.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Is she a good actress? That is all I care about. Hell...make it Tilda Swinton.

You got a whole bunch of good to great films to watch if you don't yet know about Chastain's acting.

She's a phenomenal actress and has honestly elevated a fair number of standard movies. As an example, see Mama, an otherwise fine horror movie totally made better by her presence. Also, worth noting that It's director worked with Chastain before - on Mama.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Considering she already worked with the director on Mama, I really hope she makes it in. She is who I am truly hoping for, but can also live with Amy Adams. I just think that Chastain is the better actress of the two.