• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
My sister is currently watching a cartoon for kids called Word Party. Look, I'm not expecting a deep philosophical message about how life is meaningless and nothing matters, but Jesus Chris I feel like I'm losing brainchells watching it. It feels like a never-ending stroke while being high on bleach.

There's no clear line of thought. The animation is so bad it feels like a fever dream, the topics they touch are so absurdly stupid that I'm surprised kids can enjoy this. The voice acting is horrible too, everyone talks as if they were drunk. What the fuck is this, seriously.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
teach 'em young to just turn your brain off and consume product so you can consume more product later on

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not to state the obvious, but that's one show. That is not "shows." And one-note kids' shows aren't particularly new; it's an easy demographic to hit.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
6fff706540bafaa3746baa24d78bf9b9.jpg

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was specifically about religious shows, and that you were calling stuff like Veggie Tales 'Jesus Christ Shows'. That amused me.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
PBS Kids is where it's at for quality children's programming that doesn't require a subscription service.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
This show is also pretty much for kids in diapers. The characters even wear diapers. Do you think teletubies was some grandiose thing? Toddler shows were always like this.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
With the title and the way op kept saying g "Jesus Christ" I thought this was a Bible cartoon.

Then I searched the show on Google and wished it was a Bible cartoon

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Let's hear those good, classic, highly sophisticated from your childhood, OP.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Pocoyo's pretty solid. Personally, we solved the problem by introducing our 3 year old to Spider-Man. No more dumb kids show!

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
My sister is currently watching a cartoon for kids called Word Party. Look, I'm not expecting a deep philosophical message about how life is meaningless and nothing matters, but Jesus Chris I feel like I'm losing brainchells watching it. It feels like a never-ending stroke while being high on bleach.

There's no clear line of thought. The animation is so bad it feels like a fever dream, the topics they touch are so absurdly stupid that I'm surprised kids can enjoy this. The voice acting is horrible too, everyone talks as if they were drunk. What the fuck is this, seriously.
Which highly intelligent and smart shows for kids did you watch back in the day? With quality animation, voice acting and all of that.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

Im not gonna lie, We Bare Bears is my "Old man yells at a cloud" show, seems like a show revolving around 3 selfish manchildren (who are also bears so we don't hate them) and tries too hard to be modern and "relatable" but ends up rendering an unflattering image of the demographic it's trying to portray.

Dear goodness, i want to punch that stupid panda in the face so damn hard.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I went to see Toy Story 4 there were at least five trailers for shitty-looking animated kids movies with terrible, lazy CG animation, fart and poop jokes, physical humor, and all kinds of other stupid low-brow crap for two-year-olds, and then a trailer for Frozen 2 which is gorgeously animated and looks great. Disney just operates on another level compared to these lowest common denominator animated films, knowing that it's possible to make something that is geared for kids while still featuring good animation, strong characters, and a message.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Word Party is particularly brain dead, OP. It's educational for babies.

Try Wallykazam. It's educational but frequently funny and really cute.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
My daughter watches some British infotainment show called Maggie something about a dude and his talking magpie. I find it absolutely grating but it is actually decent for learning because they repeat stuff until it sticks. So my little Teemo can sit there and go. "Elephant! Elephant daddy!"
Shows are not more or less shit these days, you're just an adult.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I went to see Toy Story 4 there were at least five trailers for shitty-looking animated kids movies with terrible, lazy CG animation, fart and poop jokes, physical humor, and all kinds of other stupid low-brow crap for two-year-olds, and then a trailer for Frozen 2 which is actually great. Disney just operates on another level compared to these lowest common denominator animated films, knowing that it's possible to make something that is geared for kids while still featuring good animation, strong characters, and a message.
I learned that Norm of the North is 3 movies in. How

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a show meant for fairly young children, and appears to be an educational show meant to build their vocabulary. I don't know what you expected.

Oct 28, 2017
Swore this thread was about kids shows all about Jesus and wondered what the fuck kind of shows were out there for this kind of material.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
it's amazing how quickly some people forget all the shit that was around during their childhood

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The characters wear diapers, so OP I'm going to go out on a limb at say you aren't the target demographic. With the title Word Party they're likely trying to provide very young children an educational experience.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My daughter watches some British infotainment show called Maggie something about a dude and his talking magpie. I find it absolutely grating but it is actually decent for learning because they repeat stuff until it sticks. So my little Teemo can sit there and go. "Elephant! Elephant daddy!"
Shows are not more or less shit these days, you're just an adult.
You named your kid after a LoL character?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Hate caillou with the force of a 1,000 suns.

That being said, Sesame Street is still quality, Daniel Tiger, Ducktales, muppet babies, bubble guppies, and Doc Mc stuffins are pretty quality.

And then when they get older they watch power rangers, Pokémon, and other awesome shows that make you wonder "why did I ever stop watching these?"

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's been mentioned, but watch Steven Universe.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yes, these show are so brainless compared to all the shows primarily developed to sell us toys that we watched when we were kids.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Which highly intelligent and smart shows for kids did you watch back in the day? With quality animation, voice acting and all of that.
Courage, SpongeBob, Pokemon. None of this dumb shit, as a kid I would've sued my parents if they forced me to watch this shit.