• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
huh this is my first Kanye album cycle since MBDTF i wasn't deep in the online hype cycle. Still, looking forward to it!

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
giphy.gif

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Many people.

It's okay for you to not like him without asking dumb questions you already know the answer to.
Many people are more than likely maga people or religious ignorant people.
I'm sorry but this shit about separating the artist from the art is total bullshit. For me anyone that still listens to kanye after all that bullshit is a maga person or a self hating person(if they are black or a minority like this jackass) because you are all condoning his shit behavior.
These types of people if I encouter them I'll never be nice towards them, and it happened in real life where I almost had to scrap, but it didn't because I'm kind of an imposing figure for some.
Fuck maga west, and this is coming from someone who fucking loved him but I had to stop because of what he turned into. My melanin won't allow me to. I wish nothing but the worst for him.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Factually incorrect. And stupid.
If you condone his behavior you are either maga or a self hating person or a person that does not give a fuck about minorities/White Supremacist.

Fuck this shit about separating the art from the artist. It is simply not fucking true. Because The art is the fucking artist.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
If you condone his behavior you are either maga or a self hating person or a person that does not give a fuck about minorities/White Supremacist.

Fuck this shit about separating the art from the artist. It is simply not fucking true. Because The art is the fucking artist.
I think Dunkelheit by Burzum is the best black metal song ever made. It's about wintery landscapes, cold, nature, isolation, darkness. It was made by someone who is basically a neo-Nazi, but his beliefs aren't anywhere in that song. So why shouldn't I enjoy the song as long as I'm not giving him money?

And for the record, fuck Varg Vikernes but that doesn't make Dunkelheit any less emotionally impactful for me.

This is ridiculous. Tons of minorities still fuck with Ye and that doesn't make them either Trump fans nor self-hating lol. Don't be ridiculous.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

I'm glad someone is finally not mincing words on this.

Like I'm supposed to not roll my eyes out of my head when he's wrapping about shedding his pride? As an LGBT person I'm supposed to be like " fiiire" when he's wrapping about how much he loves Chick fil a?

I'm supposed to not care he embraced and talked up one of the most vile individuals on the planet in Trump because... beats? Because he's " found God" in his latest PR episode. Lmao fuck outta here .

So many people would be thrown in the trash if they pulled the same shit he has. Bunch of hypocrites on this site.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Listening to his music is not condoning his behavior. Just because you say that is the case doesn't make it a fact.

We all enjoy at least one entertainer who is an asshole. Every single person.
I enjoyed when he was an asshole to Taylor swift and all that other shit. Like I said what made me stop is when he went maga. That goes against my values as a black person. So you are fucking so wrong on this.
He is supporting a president that shields white supremacists xenophobes and sexists and people that hate others based on their sexual prefence A racist piece of shit that said that the Central park 5 should have been executed even after they were found not guilty. KANYE SUPPORTS THIS MOTHERFUCKER. For me he is a race traitor a fucking tap dancing motherfucker upholding white supremacy and he is doing it so well more with this garbage album about white jesus.
Black people the bible was never for fucking us.

I think Dunkelheit by Burzum is the best black metal song ever made. It's about wintery landscapes, cold, nature, isolation, darkness. It was made by someone who is basically a neo-Nazi, but his beliefs aren't anywhere in that song. So why shouldn't I enjoy the song as long as I'm not giving him money?

And for the record, fuck Varg Vikernes but that doesn't make Dunkelheit any less emotionally impactful for me.
Well you are condonning him. Of Course he won't make a song about that because that's not good business for him, but in the end he's still a fucking neo nazi sack of shit, and you are listening to his music telling him its ok to go and harrass minorities as long as its not in his songs.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed when he was an asshole to Taylor swift and all that other shit. Like I said what made me stop is when he went maga. That goes against my values as a black person. So you are fucking so wrong on this.
He is supporting a president that shields white supremacist. A racist piece of shit that said that the Central park 5 should have been executed even after they were found not guilty. KANYE SUPPORTS THIS MOTHERFUCKER. For me he is a race traitor a fucking tap dancing motherfucker upholding white supremacy and he is doing it so well more with this garbage album about white jesus.
Black people the bible was never for fucking us.

Well you are condonning him. Of Course he won't make a song about that because that's not good business for him, but in the end he's still a fucking neo nazi sack of shit, and you are listening to his music telling him its ok to go and harrass minorities as long as its not in his songs.
He has no idea that I listen to his music though, and neither did anyone else until I made that post. I mean, show me an album that does the Filosofem vibe better than Filosofem does and I'll never listen to his music again. But til then, sorry, that shit is a mood I can't find anywhere else.

I see no problem consuming nonproblematic content made by problematic people as long as you make sure they don't benefit from your consumption of it. The worst thing I'm advocating is piracy.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
This is ridiculous. Tons of minorities still fuck with Ye and that doesn't make them either Trump fans nor self-hating lol. Don't be ridiculous.
It does make them that.
They are condoning what he is doing, and therefore are fucking accomplices to his bullshit.
I have no issue calling another minority who wants to listen to this a sellout and cut out all contact with them. For me they are the same individuals that will be ok with Amber Gugyshit doing what she did.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Not to the level of "Closed on Sunday, you my Chick-Fil-A" that honestly might be worse than bleached asshole. Looks like my journey for Kanye's next classic after Yeezus continues.
I'm fine with a corny lyric if the song around it is good, and fortunately I think Closed on Sunday is a great track in spite of a few spotty lyrics.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
He has no idea that I listen to his music though, and neither did anyone else until I made that post. I mean, show me an album that does the Filosofem vibe better than Filosofem does and I'll never listen to his music again. But til then, sorry, that shit is a mood I can't find anywhere else.

I see no problem consuming nonproblematic content made by problematic people as long as you make sure they don't benefit from your consumption of it. The worst thing I'm advocating is piracy.
At the end of the day if what he is doing outside music is not hitting you home. Then you really can't understand where I'm coming from.
You want to separate the art from the artist and call it a day, I will just not because of how hard what he did as a human being touches my values.

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
It does make them that.
They are condoning what he is doing, and therefore are fucking accomplices to his bullshit.
I have no issue calling another minority who wants to listen to this a sellout and cut out all contact with them. For me they are the same individuals that will be ok with Amber Gugyshit doing what she did.
Lol

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It does make them that.
Please continue to speak on behalf of all minorities.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You need to look no further:

Also this, if you haven't heard it yet. Ye himself's only on one song, but he produced the whole thing and it's some of his best production work in recent years.

Both are fantastic.

But it's so strange to me that those albums ended up so damn good but his own solo album ended up being mediocre, if not bad in some spots.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Both are fantastic.

But it's so strange to me that those albums ended up so damn good but his own solo album ended up being mediocre, if not bad in some spots.
Ye was a really rushed (made in two weeks, iirc?) document of where he was at the time and these two were labored over for a year. it's not surprising they ended up much better, though it's a shame that ye is the blight on his discog that it is.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Both are fantastic.

They worked for over a year on DAYTONA, and KSG was a long term project as well. Ye was made in... Was it a week? Maybe it was longer than that and a lot of the groundwork for production was already done of course. I don't really remember. But it wasn't nearly as long as KSG and DAYTONA. He even rewrote and rerecorded lyrics after they already had that release party in Wyoming. So compared to KSG and DAYTONA, Ye really was a rushed project.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Ye was a really rushed (made in two weeks, iirc?) document of where he was at the time and these two were labored over for a year. it's not surprising they ended up much better, though it's a shame that ye is the blight on his discog that it is.

They worked for over a year on DAYTONA, and KSG was a long term project as well. Ye was made in... Was it a week? Maybe it was longer than that and a lot of the groundwork for production was already done of course. I don't really remember. But it wasn't nearly as long as KSG and DAYTONA. He even rewrote and rerecorded lyrics after they already had that release party in Wyoming. So compared to KSG and DAYTONA, Ye really was a rushed project.

That makes sense.

The Life of Pablo is definitely his second "worst" album after ye but it's still damn good overall. The album being all over the place also clearly represented his scatted state of mind.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Please continue to speak on behalf of all minorities.
I'm not
Like I said there is no such thing as separating the artist from the art. It's only some shit made up by hypocrites.
If yourself you support maga ye then you are just like them don't try to escape it.
You condone his behavior there is nothing that could make you right in a situation like this
Fuck kkk west and his maga bullshit

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I still think TLOP is Kanye's best work as an artist. It might not be his best collection of songs but I think it's a really impressive piece of work because of the journey it takes you on.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I still think TLOP is Kanye's best work as an artist. It might not be his best collection of songs but I think it's a really impressive piece of work because of the journey it takes you on.
For me it's the other way around, haha. It's a completely unfocused record that sounds more like a mixtape/compilation of random songs than an actual album like any of his other albums. It's a great record with some fantastic songs, but the lack of focus makes it hard for me to listen to the whole thing front to back. And since I prefer listening to a full record to listening to just some random songs, I don't really play it that much.