• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
The "separating the artist from the music" people are on some "I voted for Trump because of economic anxiety" bullshit.

You're willing to turn a blind eye to the enabling of serious issues to get what you want out of it.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's the other way around, haha. It's a completely unfocused record that sounds more like a mixtape/compilation of random songs than an actual album like any of his other albums. It's a great record with some fantastic songs, but the lack of focus makes it hard for me to listen to the whole thing front to back. And since I prefer listening to a full record to listening to just some random songs, I don't really play it that much.
you think so? I think the album is structured really deliberately, taking you on a journey as Kanye descends from being a faithful everyman to a vulgar egomaniac and ultimately tries to reconcile these two sides of himself and find peace in his family and religion again.

with JIK it looks like that story is finished

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not
Like I said there is no such thing as separating the artist from the art. It's only some shit made up by hypocrites.
If yourself you support maga ye then you are just like them don't try to escape it.
You condone his behavior there is nothing that could make you right in a situation like this
Fuck kkk west and his maga bullshit

Don't even try man, the people here talking about his music and not anything else don't give two shits. It seems wild but it's reality.
I still think TLOP is Kanye's best work as an artist. It might not be his best collection of songs but I think it's a really impressive piece of work because of the journey it takes you on.

And that is 100% what MBDTF does

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I almost wish Kanye wasn't a shithead so I could give him my 2 cents of streaming cash just to hear this inevitable train wreck of an album guilt-free.
For me it's the other way around, haha. It's a completely unfocussed record that sounds more like a mixtape/compilation of random songs than an actual album like any of his other albums. It's a great record with some fantastic songs, but the lack of focus makes it hard for me to listen to the whole thing front to back. And since I prefer listening to a full record to listening to just some random songs, I don't really play it that much.
It makes complete sense to me if you consider Wolves to be the last track then everything after as B-sides or deluxe edition bonus tracks tacked onto the end or whatever.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
kanye is a fucking idiot that ideally would be deplatformed and told to fuck off for the immediate future by the general public and music industry

but that's not possible in reality because of his status and the climate we live in so i'm listening to this using methods that don't financially benefit him

and if it sucks (which i think it will) then we going recycle bin

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, listening to music on Spotify is definitely the same thing as voting for Trump.

That was a great comparison and you should be very proud of it.

You are supporting and enabling Kanye West. You're not innocent.

If you really want to listen to the music, you should, but it's not like you can just cast aside the problematic nature of giving him more attention.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You are supporting and enabling Kanye West. You're not innocent.

Uh huh.

I'm also extremely anti-Trump, very liberal and I spend my own time and money campaigning for democrats during elections.

But yes, I listen to Kanye West so that's definitely the same thing as actually voting for Trump.

Seriously, you're a smart guy.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
you think so? I think the album is structured really deliberately, taking you on a journey as Kanye descends from being a faithful everyman to a vulgar egomaniac and ultimately tries to reconcile these two sides of himself and find peace in his family and religion again.

with JIK it looks like that story is finished
I don't know. For some reason I can't really see it that way. It might also be because it's so damn long and has a lot of songs that all sound very different from each other. One thing I do love though is the fact that he treaded this whole album as some kind of game he could patch and add DLC to. It truly was a unique experience. Even if some songs ended up being worse (like Wolves).

It makes complete sense to me if you consider Wolves to be the last track then everything after as B-sides or deluxe edition bonus tracks tacked onto the end or whatever.
Hmmm. I absolutely love 30 Hours and No More Parties. Saint Pablo is great as well. It just doesn't feel like a cohesive album to me. With or without those tracks. Sonically the record is just all over the place. It's probably at the bottom for me (still way above Ye), but just because of how it flows as an album, because there are a lot of great songs on there.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): hostility over a series of posts
Uh huh.

I'm also extremely anti-Trump, very liberal and I spend my own time and money campaigning for democrats during elections.

But yes, I listen to Kanye West so that's definitely the same thing as actually voting for Trump.

Seriously, you're a smart guy.

If you can't follow the incredibly simple line of reasoning logic, that's fine, I'm not here to tell you you're dumb. I''ll say that for all the "anti-trump" democratic supporting, you're willingly giving the most prominent MAGA supporter a larger platform just so you can listen to a Kanye West album in 2019.

Clearly every single ignorant comment he's made hasn't dissuaded your opinion enough of him, so there must not be a line at this point because he makes music you want to hear.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If you can't follow the incredibly simple line of reasoning logic, that's fine

It's terrible logic. That's the problem.

I''ll say that for all the "anti-trump" democratic supporting, you're willingly giving the most prominent MAGA supporter a larger platform just so you can listen to a Kanye West album in 2019.

Yes, me actually getting out of my house and trying to make a difference has an actual impact. Listening to Kanye on Spotify has zero impact on the election. And no one is voting for Trump because of Kanye. Stop with the flawed nonsense logic.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
If you can't follow the incredibly simple line of reasoning logic, that's fine, I'm not here to tell you you're dumb. I''ll say that for all the "anti-trump" democratic supporting, you're willingly giving the most prominent MAGA supporter a larger platform just so you can listen to a Kanye West album in 2019.

Clearly every single ignorant comment he's made hasn't dissuaded your opinion enough of him, so there must not be a line at this point because he makes music you want to hear.

I mean yeah. You only get one life

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
It's terrible logic. That's the problem.

Yes, me actually getting out of my house and trying to make a difference has an actual impact. Listening to Kanye on Spotify has zero impact on the election. And no one is voting for Trump because of Kanye. Stop with the flawed nonsense logic.

Cool, well enjoy the album.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
maybe one day people in threads about kanye albums can talk about kanye albums without being accused of being fascist sympathizers

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
There isn't an 'everyone else' here.

You're certainly right about that.

maybe one day people in threads about kanye albums can talk about kanye albums without being accused of being fascist sympathizers

Nah, man. Your actual actions don't matter. Listening to a guy who supports Trump? Well, shit. You're pretty much a Nazi too!

I sure hope no one here likes football or baseball. Like, you know, any of the teams. Since you're 90% likely supporting an owner and coach who donates large amounts of money to Trump.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm disappointed the fans have enabled him to continue this. I wanted the shame to get him into hiding and come out with MBDTF2

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're certainly right about that.

Nah, man. Your actual actions don't matter. Listening to a guy who supports Trump? Well, shit. You're pretty much a Nazi too!

I sure hope no one here likes football or baseball. Like, you know, any of the teams. Since you're 90% likely supporting an owner and coach who donates large amounts of money to Trump.
Don't worry, as long as threads are made about him on this forum, we will rightly call out the trash every single time.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
dont yall have better things to do on a thursday night than get mad on the internet
edit: none of yall are actually 'mad' that was a poor choice of words and I apologize

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
And the nominees for Biggest Kanye West-Related Dumpster Fire of the day are...

- That Zane Lowe interview
- The lyricial content of this album
- This thread

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pissed I bought shoes from this guy right before he went full on MAGA crazy. I refused to wear them after that, so I wore them a cool 1 time

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
QiSsxtf.gif