• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
IMPORTANT REMINDER~

The delays are an intentional nod to false promises (a la the Great Disappointment) in Christian eschatology and meant to remind us that "... of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone" (Matthew 24:36). Thus, the album will be released as a surprise drop instead of as a scheduled release.

This thematic attention to detail is just yet another example of the artistic genius that permeates every level of Kanye's music and leaves me feeling optimistic about his new identity as a gospel virtuoso.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London

giphy.webp

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
So to be clear. This man goes on national TV announcing that his album is "out now", despite knowing that the mixes aren't even done yet...
So to be clear. This man goes on national TV announcing that his album is "out now", despite knowing that the mixes aren't even done yet...
KImmel films in the afternoon. Probably guessed he'd get it done in 5 hours.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My fiancé's mom just surprised me with an old iPod classic and I put College Dropout (my first cd) on it and god damn I'm feeling the feels. Ye why :(

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I think Kanye is overrated as fuck. He has like 3 songs I've ever liked.

Dude has been nuttier than squirrel turds for a long ass time and I don't even follow his bullshit at all. But every now and then I hear things. Like him being a MAGA fuckboy, turning into a bible thumper, and now (pretending) he's claiming to be the greatest human artist of all time.

I've no love for the guy, I think he's a fucking dickhead.

But I have no problem if people listen to his music though, especially for free. Those that do have a problem with what other people listen to should get a grip.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Damn, I was late. That shit started around 11 for me.

And it was because of Tomb Raider 2.

Come to think of it, it wasn't even as soft as Playboy, it was probably Hustler or something.

My 2 older brothers were in their teens..

Seeing *all that* definitely had an effect on me. Maybe Kanye seeing this at 5 explains how fucked up he is lol...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
See, I saw that fuck ass movie and knew that I was off the Kanye train for good. Now I can appreciate the clownery, mostly people who actually thought that the album was getting dropped at midnight.

For fucks sake, the dude made a movie with the same title as the album and didn't even put music from the album in the shit.

Last edited:

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This guy's music has been garbage since MBDTF. Why the fuck won't he just make something pleasing to listen to like that again? Stop with the fake religious bullshit ya goddamn lunatic.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I just paid $45 to watch that film with the expectation that I would maybe get some sort significant glimpse of the album. I literally payed nearly $50 to watch Kanye West jerk himself off with Jesus imagery for thirty minutes with only a minute of a new song playing over the credits.

I already hated the man behind the music but fuck me, there is no hatred more vicious and seething than this. Fuck him.

Bro, $45 to get a sniff of an album...

That's not on ye. But yeah, fuck him and his publicity stunts.

KiLLaDeZo

Banned
Mar 27, 2018
I find it bizarre how people who say they like hip hop listen to this dude. After his 2nd album ALL his music has been hot garbage. Tekashi69 makes better music than Kanye.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how hyped I was for Yeezus and TLOP and feel nothing today. Still haven't listed to Ye (Daytona slapped tho)

Oct 30, 2017
South Coast, UK
I find it bizarre how people who say they like hip hop listen to this dude. After his 2nd album ALL his music has been hot garbage. Tekashi69 makes better music than Kanye.
What the fuck? I get people not being a fan of his latest work, as in his last two projects, but this is a steaming hot take. 6ix9ine is an admitted pedophile and to invoke his name just because you weren't on board with Yeezus, one of the boldest pop albums of the decade, is fucking wild.