• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anything is possible, I think it would be good for the console and for the market overall. Why not?

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Echoing everyone else, but probably false. I'd love an X Enhanced version, a chance at getting that Black Box edition, and a backwards compatible X Enhanced NieR Gestalt would be fucking great.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird business decision if true. It'll sell maybe 2 copies lifetime.
It would be a great business decision. Stop being a sourpuss
It also looks bad. One of their big stage announcements would be a year old port of a game that's on ps4 and steam? Ehhhhh, it comes off as low rent. Announce it at e3, even mention on stage in a general "we are getting more Japanese support" section. But don't give it its own section
Yeah that would suck especially if thats what Phil meant when he said Japanese games will appear on stage lol.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, Maxime or Birdseye can help you.
(I know a bit of french, but i don't follow the french press, from what i know, Jeuxvideo is one of the biggest outlet for videogames in France)

JV.Com usually don't post rumors but they're not only the biggest French video games website but also among the top Europeans. Not a "random blog" (with all due respect to all random blogs!).

I saw the article earlier and thought about posting it here but he says he has one (1) "internal source". Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but the author Epyon (really nice guy) seems confident and stand by his article:

[…] I usually don't post about articles based on anonymous sources, stupid rumors and so on. Sometimes people come see me to give me informations.

Sometimes, they ask to not publish it and, sometimes, I am allowed to by said people. Most of them don't end up on the website because impossible to verify.

If, today, there is an article it is because I trust my source and i did all due diligences allowing me to believe them.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably triple dip because it's awesome, but is there really an audience for this game on Xbox? 360 sold gangbusters and had almost no audience for JRPG's.
Yes? So much so that Phil Spencer has said he's making it a priority to get Japanese games on stage at E3.

People like good games. Doesn't matter if they're Japanese or western or what.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I do not see any reason why MS dont try and get this on their platform. They should really also get Persona and Nioh too. As far as I am aware none of these games are Sony exclusives

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice didn't even sell 100k, but those numbers is worth the effort I think.
Last numbers we had were at like 60k a little over a week. This will be interesting to see when it hits 100k, since they said they will donate 25k more to mental health research when it does (maybe it will need a sale).

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Isn't it a bit late? i mean it's been on sale on PS4 & Steam for a while now, unless it comes with a bunch of DLC like Royal edition, but Nier didn't really have that so yeah.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I'd love for this to happen so my Xbox friends can play this. So good.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
If this is true and you only have an Xbox you should get it, it's really a fantastic game.

Oct 30, 2017
Yes? So much so that Phil Spencer has said he's making it a priority to get Japanese games on stage at E3.

We've heard that before though. Then they come out and don't sell.

Please PLEASE don't get me wrong: I'm allfor more people playing this game, but I'm not convinced there's an audience there for it.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It would be a great business decision. Stop being a sourpuss

Yeah that would suck especially if thats what Phil meant when he said Japanese games will appear on stage lol.

I'd keep my expectations low to be honest. Unless we're talking DMC which would be huge, no other Japanese franchise makes sense on Xbox as an exclusive

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably triple dip because it's awesome, but is there really an audience for this game on Xbox? 360 sold gangbusters and had almost no audience for JRPG's.
No, it had. I specifically choose the Xbox 360 over Playstation because it offered JRPGs while PS3 didn't. It was a good decision in the beginning. Just later they didn't seem to care anymore.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Would be nice. Bought XOX recently and haven't played Automata yet. Would be neat with some X enhancements.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
JV.Com usually don't post rumors but they're not only the biggest French video games website but also among the top Europeans. Not a "random blog" (with all due respect to all random blogs!).

I saw the article earlier and thought about posting it here but he says he has one (1) "internal source". Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but the author Epyon (really nice guy) seems confident and stand by his article:

That's very encouraging, thank you

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
To all the people saying: it won't sell, RPG and Japanese games on Xbox, yadda yadda yadda... I mean, OK, MAYBE, but it has to start somewhere. How can we write everywhere that Xbox needs more diverse and especially japanese games and then complain when one is possibly coming over? If they keep bringing them, they will pick up eventually.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
We've heard that before though. Then they come out and don't sell.

Please PLEASE don't get me wrong: I'm allfor more people playing this game, but I'm not convinced there's an audience there for it.
Yeah, I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" frame of mind when it comes to Xbox and Japanese games.

And after Scalebound, by see it I mean it's released and I can buy it

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice didn't even sell 100k, but those numbers is worth the effort I think.

Wait what?
Weren't the people on here pretty confident it would sell "tons" on the Xbox especially because the studio had that donation/charity thing going?
Sounded really on here like it would sell at least on par with the PS4 Version because of the X enhancements that everybody needs and wants apparently.
If not even that did well then Automata won't sell at all lol

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This is good. The game was a breakout success and if it's not under any exclusivity arrangement now it should be ported to help grow the fanbase. I think this is the sort of Japanese game that would do well on Xbox One too.

I remember PlatinumGames saying they would want to port it themselve to other consoles.
Specifially I remember Platinum said they wanted to port it to Switch and encouraged fans to ask SE about it.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
To all the people saying: it won't sell, RPG and Japanese games on Xbox, yadda yadda yadda... I mean, OK, MAYBE, but it has to start somewhere. How can we write everywhere that Xbox needs more diverse and especially japanese games and then complain when one is possibly coming over? If they keep bringing them, they will pick up eventually.

This. It'll be a never ending story if you don't start somewhere.

Wait what?
Weren't the people on here pretty confident it would sell "tons" on the Xbox especially because the studio had that donation/charity thing going?
Sounded really on here like it would sell at least on par with the PS4 Version because of the X enhancements that everybody needs and wants apparently.
If not even that did well then Automata won't sell at all lol

I don't know, I'm not aware of the opinion of every Xbox user. Just think 100k sales on Xbox is worth a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.