• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
2021? Is that confirmed? Won't it probably be in 2022?

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
What's crazy is people who think this won't be the case

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it will. Xbox talks about gamer rights and friendship and corporations being nice to each other or whatever but they didn't spend 7.5 billion dollars to do playstation games

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
2021? Is that confirmed? Won't it probably be in 2022?
2021 according to Pete Hines (VP of Bethesda PR & Marketing)

My guess is late 2021 - early 2022, probably the latter because of COVID delaying production

At least we'll get gameplay next year

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes Microsoft paid 7 billion for shit and gigles, PS5 players shouldn't expect having any Fallout/Doom/Wolfenstein/TES etc etc on their platform.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the talk show host? what does he know?

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'll probably be skipping this but the way things are looking I'll undoubtedly need a PC worth it's weight for TES6

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'd put money on Starfield not releasing this generation if MS doesn't put the whip to Bethesda.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
Of course no one has a working crystal ball but this does FEEL like an obvious conclusion to me.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Dont know why people keep trying to convince themselves that ms will put big games on ps

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
seriously, why spend that money, announce it a day before preorders, and then release it on your direct competitors console too? never gonna happen

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Yes Microsoft paid 7 billion for shit and gigles, PS5 players shouldn't expect having any Fallout/Doom/Wolfenstein/TES etc etc on their platform.
Guess they paid 2.5 billion to own Minecraft for shits and giggles too. I'm not saying Starfield is coming out on other consoles, but your logic is flawed.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Its a New IP, it makes sense. Given the performance on everything that's not Fallout or Elder Scrolls, we can pretty much assume that they will stay PC/Xbox Only. Jury's out on Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Those are the big money makers with a lot PS fans.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Well if it turns out to be true, it is what it is. Thisll probably be the first generation where I own both a sony and micosoft console!

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying MS spent too much money to make it multiplat but you all do remember that they spent a billion on Minecraft?

I think it is more likely though if anything were to be exclusive it would be a big new IP

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People keep saying MS will need to make it multi platform to recoup their investment as if that amount of money is substantial to them lol. And hell it's probably repatriated money anyway. This nor TES is coming to other platforms, ain't no way in hell.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
It's a new IP, not previously announced for any platforms. I think it's fine for MS to make it exclusive.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Guess they paid 2.5 billion to own Minecraft for shits and giggles too. I'm not saying Starfield is coming out on other consoles, but your logic is flawed.

Not really the same thing at all, Minecraft was already on everything pre acquisition. These are entirely different titles. It's your logic that's flawed.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I wonder if it'll be released on Steam or if you'll be force to sign up for GamePass to play it?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
There are a lot of people in strong denial.

The strange part is I think it's the XBOX fans are trying to convince the PS fans that the game is still coming to PS5 for some reason lmao

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
No, Jez Corden has strong insider information. I believe he was one of the first to correctly leak the Series X specs.

I may be mistaken, but he is part of Windows Central Gaming which was the site that leaked the Xbox Series X|S price and release info. That's the first place I saw it anyway.