• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

1h32m40s if video doesn't take you directly.
My journo friend said same thing to me privately (not about Final Fantasy, I have no idea about that), that Sony has been blasting their wallet left and right.

It is coming back with a vengeance.
614lhLzjpyL._AC_UL1000_.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ew. Fuck timed exclusivity. This shit is embarrassing. Either get real exclusives or just let everyone play third party games on every console. Fuck off with this "exclusively on our console for a year" trash.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm guessing Project Athia?

Edit: Nvm

(cont.)
Doubt the next mainline FF would be timed/console exclusive and FFVIIR had that PS legacy + the other parts will presumably launch same time on all other platforms.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I mean, that was pretty obvious from the PS5 reveal, so I don't know if this is really news worthy or anything. I guess FF16 would be news, but after FF7R, it's wouldn't be that shocking

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah there have been rumblings about FF16 being PS5 timed exclusive for a while now

Fuck Sony if true

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is shitty, but reaffirms that Xbox will never be an option for me anyway, so I guess their investment has the intended effect.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does Sony really need to money hat Final Fantasy? Most of the fan base in the west will play it on PS5 regardless and the Xbox in Japan is non existent. Seems like a waste to me.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda expecting MS to make moves to at least get FF16 day one, but I guess that's not happening

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they lock out pc too they can get fucked.

just to add, if any of these games are franchises that were previously multi platform I expect the community and press will do the right thing and absolutely dog pile Sony for clear details about the exclusivity and when it will end....

JED BARTLETT

Oct 27, 2017
Belfast
It's a pretty easy play for Sony, Gamepass is going to change the gaming landscape. But what about the games that aren't on it? It makes perfect Sense for a Dev who's game isn't being offered Gamepass to partner with Sony as a timed exclusive then Go on Gamepass at a later date.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
A LOT of people seemed surprised when FF16 wasn't at the PS5 event, and Square Enix have a long and storied history of revealing their next mainline FFs YEARS ahead of release.

I could buy it. Even if the next FF title to come out is FFVIIR-2.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people always shocked at console manufacturers getting exclusive content for systems they are trying to sell.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eww...nah just kidding. I don't care. lol. Console holders gonna console hold. Nothing new.
I want to know where this information is coming from though. Is it just one source, or have there been rumblings about Sony going all Lil Wayne and making it rain on third parties.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As a Playstation only owner, fuck that. Timed exclusivities are a waste of money.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
It should be stated Rand is guessing about FF16, I don't think he has insider information.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
We had a thread about this a month or two ago, from Jez, and he clarified it as speculation. I listened to a minute here but I couldn't really tell if this is more or less the same thing or if he's heard stuff since then from a source he trusts.

www.resetera.com

According to Jez Corden, Sony has secured some big third party exclusives that will be announced in August.

https://youtu.be/mjZXi3_7E6E?t=9470 Some of them are also existing current franchises and not just new IPs 👀 Thanks to Bigfellahull for the info Edit: He was merely speculating...

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020
Only time will tell if this rumor is true. But not gonna lie, i'm pretty hype to know which games they secretly kept in the pocket.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I believe it was Imran who said that Sony was really handing out the checks for PS5's first year or something along those lines.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
16 being a timed exclusive is enormous and probably cost a shit load, also it sucks ass. Hopefully it's just the expected 7R stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.