• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Saddest fucking game over screen I have ever witnessed. Broke my damn heart every time.

Love this game.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Jez Sam was on the team that built the SuperFx chip, so seeing something new would be great.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I don't think San owns the rights. I looked into the matter a few years ago, and it's anyone's guess as to where they ended up, as Argonaut's assets were sold off:

Me @ GAF said:
God knows where the rights went. Argonaut owned the games and IP back in the day, but the company entered administration in 2004, was liquidated in 2005 and dissolved in 2006. Croc either was sold to an unknown party or technically belongs to David Rubin & Partners.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought Croc has one of the best designs from that era of mascot platformer. Rather than try to be edgy cool in the wake of Sonic, they made him a precocious l'il guy with a backpack.

But his game is kinda... Not great. Sure as hell deserves a second chance more than Bubsy though.

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and it's suppose to be Argonaut Games, not Software. Maybe a kind mod could change the title.

Oct 28, 2017
I would lose my mind if Croc came back. Bubsy gets a million chances yet Croc who has never had a bad game gets none. It's not fair dammit.

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. We now live in a world where not only Bubsy was revived before Banjo, but also where a new Croc is looking more likely. Looking forward to the Rascal remake announcement.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Just read up about them on Wiki.

The people that made Star Fox (and the hardware chip for it), Croc and Buck Bumble are the same?! My mind is blown. They worked on the first few Harry Potter games and some Alien games as well. Quite a diverse ludography.

Cool. We now live in a world where not only Bubsy was revived before Banjo, but also where a new Croc is looking more likely. Looking forward to the Rascal remake announcement.
Not before Jersey Devil!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god no.

Croc wasn't good when it came out. It really doesn't need a remake.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
DOOOOOO EEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!

Say what you will of Croc, the games were certainly rough--but I always found them to be exuding a type of charm that wasn't in the other mascot games.

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Can't Gex, Banjo AND Croc all come back? There's space for all to thrive :)

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Leave it to die. Game wasn't that good to begin with and was totally unoriginal bar none.
Oh god no.

Croc wasn't good when it came out. It really doesn't need a remake.
Yup, the shit tank controls make that game complete garbage.

I'd rather see Gex make a comeback than dollar store bootleg Yoshi. Even frickin' Cool Spot was more original.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hated this game so much lol

Also, whats up with that tweet from the dingus saying "not Activision please God no" with #Crash4Hype in his username

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Hated this game so much lol

Also, whats up with that tweet from the dingus saying "not Activision please God no" with #Crash4Hype in his username

I think Activision isn't a very popular brand among gamers. Even though I think they've done extremely well with Crash and Spyro lately.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
We haven't been kind to the world since Croc left us. Why would he be motivated to return if we pay no attention to his teachings?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I learned recently that there was a Croc sequel. I'd never heard of it before that lol

I'm down for a Croc remake.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Why not? I'd get it for the kids. Which is code for, I'd get Croc for myself while the kids let me play while they're on the iPad and phone.

MasterOfKnees

Jul 26, 2018
Denmark
Game definitely needs a remake, it does have some goods things about it, but the stiff controls and awful camera are impossible to work with. Maybe some of the game's charm would be lost in high definition, but that's probably just my nostalgia speaking.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
The first time I saw Croc, I was spending the weekend at a friend's house. His uncle at probably not Sega got him a Saturn with a modchip and a bunch of pirated games, Croc among them. It's still the game I remember best from that stack because nine times out of ten, it would start with Croc missing his head. Few years later I found the PS version in a bargain bin and got it for old times sake. Never beat it though, likely because finally seeing Croc's head spawn consistently left me dumbstruck.

Needless to say I need a Croc revival.