• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"I played a 10-minute segment of one of Halo 5's early levels, up to the point you battle two Hunters for the first time. The lag was noticeable, but totally and completely playable, and more than adequate for an offline shooter. There were occasional instances of artifacting here and there, and you probably won't want to get competitive on it, but the audio delivery, the responsiveness of the controls, and the visuals were all incredibly impressive, vastly exceeding what I would ever have expected"

"Now, as I noted, you could certainly tell you were playing over an internet connection. It seems Microsoft has yet to figure out how to circumvent the laws of physics to that end. But if I were to compare the latency, it was far less aggressive than simply turning off "Game Mode" on my QLED TV. Aiming and trigger pulls were right where you'd need them to be, responsive, and precise. I had wondered if the more difficult fight against the Hunters in that early Halo 5 segment would have been tough to get through on xCloud, but nope, getting around the back and popping precise shots into the orange wormy weak points was a breeze. Quite truly, I was left stunned."

Via WindowsCentral

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
"Lag was noticeable".

You're going to lose a lot of people right there.

Nov 8, 2017
The article he wrote doesn't make X Cloud sound "amazing." In fact, it sounds awfully similar to that AC trial we got from Google a few months ago.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Tests in controlled environments like this are useless to begin with for the end consumer.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
After all the hype talk from "insiders" about how incredible this presentation would be, only for it to be their weakest showing in years, I'm taking this with a grain of salt

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It sounds like any other cloud gaming now. Which is ok, Xbox needs such a service. But it's not amazing.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The text is totally different from what I was expecting after reading the article's title.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If lag is noticeable on an ideal setup I shudder to think what it's like at home.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So you can turn your Xbox into a server? Is that what they were explaining? Does that take the place of a data center

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the lag is still noticeable in a tightly controlled PR environment it is the complete opposite of "insane".

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I agree that lag isn't ideal, but I think if you're playing the game on a phone or on the go it's a decent option.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
'It is insane!' 'Lag is noticeable.'

Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_5.33.23_PM.png

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The longer description doesn't match the thread title.
"Lag was noticeable. Artifacting."
Mmmhhh...

Nov 28, 2017
I feel that Microsoft are going to (or should) host a special event dedicated to Project xCloud sometime before Gamescom this year , just like Google did for Stadia.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Why would he describe xCloud as "insane" if there was noticeable lag and artifacting with an ideal setup? He's undercutting his conclusion with his own impressions.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It is real. It is exactly what you would expect. My headline is hyperbole.

Nothing about noticable lag and artifacting sounds insane to me.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's not insane. That's how its supposed to work. Hes extra excited for ms streaming.