• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2018/06/jim-ca...&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
EXCLUSIVE: Here's an intriguing combination: Jim Carrey and Sonic The Hedgehog. Sources said Carrey is negotiating to star in the Paramount film in the role of Robotnik, a villain in the live action/CGI adaptation of the hit Sega video game. Pic stars James Marsden and Tika Sumpter and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Neal Moritz, Mie Onishi and Tim Miller are producers. Pat Casey & Josh Miller wrote the script. Sonic must stop Dr. Eggman from completing his plans for world domination is basically the gist of this one.
Huh

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so happy that they're not calling the villain fucking "Eggman."

However terrible this movie will likely be, at least they got one thing right.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I still don't get why we need a Sonic movie. Is he still as popular as he was in the 90's? The 90's would of been a great opportunity to have some sort of sonic movie.... well maybe not, since cgi tech was lacking then. I would love to see a Sonic anime, though. I'd also love to see sonic in the new Wreck It Ralph movie.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get why we need a Sonic movie. Is he still as popular as he was in the 90's? The 90's would of been a great opportunity to have some sort of sonic movie.... well maybe not, since cgi tech was lacking then. I would love to see a Sonic anime, though. I'd also love to see sonic in the new Wreck It Ralph movie.
Sonic never really stopped being popular. As uh...let's be polite and say "varying In quality" as the franchises 3D games have been, kids love 'em. The Sonic cartoons have also been pretty damn popular too, so really the only surprising thing about making a movie is that it's not a direct tie in to Sonic Boom.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate modern sonic but this sounds great.

Damn it Sega! You are making me interested in a God damn Modern Sonic movie and I hate the modern Sonic compared to classic Sonic.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I really hope it isn't but I can't imagine any outcome other than a Sonic movie being dreadful.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Jim Carrey is kinda comical and fits the criteria for Robotnick(funny chubby yet big villain in his own way). Can't say he fits Eggman nowadays(except if we're talking about Boom). This movie gets weirder for every new info.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
B. e. a. utiful.

Danny DeVito was my personal choice but this works too I guess.
Danny DeVito will star as Grounder.
3OwHhm8.png

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
The Sonic movie seems committed to making choices that would have seemed like great ideas 20 years ago. Jim Carrey is at the top of his game! James Marsden sure is a hot commodity!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
weird how that casting kind of makes sense now. if you told me in 1995 this would be a thing i would've imagined some horrible fate for carrey

Nov 5, 2017
Just make it a fun, silly mess of non-stop action and it has a chance to work. The less of a story and dialogue the better.