• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Can't bring any worse than Berkely Breathed's take on a certain politician...

trump%2Bportrait.jpg
Feels kinda gross saying this, but I really like it.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, didnt know this about Jim Carrey. Pretty good stuff he did, and some great oart of his in this thread. Totally on his side.
And lol at the republican snowflakes crying about a political caricature made for the intention of ciriticising that person. Thank god they dont know about Valencian Fallas. Trupm would have been furious that we made like 300 caricatures of him criticising how stupid and triggerhappy he is, apart from being friends with Putin (there was nearly 1 scene of Trump, Putin and Kim on every falla around the city) and then burn them on the last day, that was yesterday BTW.
Trump_2017_03_19_12_07_56.jpg

imagen-sin-titulo.jpg

4fallas_valencia.jpg

20180317_192215small6kpbe.jpg

This video was from last year, but just read the comments (and the shitty description) to see how snowflakes republican voters are:

(for anyone that doesnt know, we dont burn him becuase he is Trump, we burn whole monuments that are parodying and criticising the politics, society, art, sports... and have not only humorous criticising stuff, but also beautiful figures with artistic intention instead of criticising. Its just that becuase he is so famous for being a huge idiot in power he appears a lot on them, but just as our politicians also appear a lot)

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow, didnt know this about Jim Carrey. Pretty good stuff he did, and some great oart of his in this thread. Totally on his side.
And lol at the republican snowflakes crying about a political caricature made for the intention of ciriticising that person. Thank god they dont know about Valencian Fallas. Trupm would have been furious that we made like 300 caricatures of him criticising how stupid and triggerhappy he is, apart from being friends with Putin (there was nearly 1 scene of Trump, Putin and Kim on every falla around the city) and then burn them on the last day, that was yesterday BTW.

imagen-sin-titulo.jpg

4fallas_valencia.jpg

This video was from last year, but just read the comments (and the shitty description) to see how snowflakes republican voters are:

(for anyone that doesnt know, we dont burn him becuase he is Trump, we burn whole monuments that are parodying and criticising the politics, society, art, sports... and have not only humorous criticising stuff, but also beautiful figures with artistic intention instead of criticising. Its just that becuase he is so famous for being a huge idiot in power he appears a lot on them, but just as our politicians also appear a lot)

wow those comments lol you americans really hate the EU

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

imagen-sin-titulo.jpg

4fallas_valencia.jpg

these are amazing. i can't believe they're burnt. shrink them down and they'd make for some great vinyl parody toys.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
wow those comments lol you americans really hate the EU
Reading those comments is somewhat scary of how little education some people have to say those types of things of other countries that probably some of them dont even know where they are on the map (some of the comments seem to really confirm that) and being proud of being racists and defending a piece of shit like Trump.
Its really sad, I hope things can change for the USA in the future sooner rather than later.

these are amazing. i can't believe they're burnt. shrink them down and they'd make for some great vinyl parody toys.
Glad you like them :D
The festivity of Fallas is from hundreds of years ago, of carpenters burning old stuff on the streets that they didnt need anymore to welcome spring, then people decided to dress with old clothes this old wood and putting faces that resemble some guy from the neighbourhood they wanted to make fun of, and then it evolved in the 18th century into artists making figures parodying aspects of society with wood and hard cardboard in paper mache and real clothes, then in the 19th century they started sculpting everything including the clothes (still hard cardboartd and paper mache) and putting a really big monument like middle piece with a theme (circus, fantasy, literature, some country of the world...) that would be surrounding by the smaller scenes (like the ones above with trump), and in the ending of 1990's they changed the hard cardboard for polystyrene (that was cheaper and let the artists make them much bigger and was easier to sculpt with). Those are the ones you are seeying now.
This is the one that won this year the first prize (there are 300 monuments all around the city):
20180317_003132smallf0qtg.jpg

20180317_003614smallutqw2.jpg

I know is starnge burning so beautiful things each year, but is just a tradition that means burning the bad things this fallas are criticising for hopefully becoming better next year.
We do save 2 small scenes from the fire that are chosen by popular vote from the 300 fallas and put into a museum though.

Deleted member 3345

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sander's "what the fuck am i doing" contortions that cause her face to visit through different dimensions isn't because of something she can't control.

Just like everyone around this putrid machine, she's holding on to dear life for whatever past transgressions, and she'll eventually flip like everyone else already has.

Good on carrey for not backing down. Maybe he got the right dosage of vaccines to fix his otherwise batshit insane ideals.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
sander's "what the fuck am i doing" contortions that cause her face to visit through different dimensions isn't because of something she can't control.

Just like everyone around this putrid machine, she's holding on to dear life for whatever past transgressions, and she'll eventually flip like everyone else already has.

Good on carrey for not backing down. Maybe he got the right dosage of vaccines to fix his otherwise batshit insane ideals.

I don't know she seems pretty unhinged in the press conferences, even more than Spicy.

I applaud Carrey for this and his others paintings and opinions.

Her ugliness in the outside just reflects the ugliness in the inside. Sorry but that's the truth and I hope someday the American people held her responsible for all the lies she tells and vividly defends.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Wow I didn't know Carrey drew such good artwork, his Twitter is a treasure trove.

Good stuff.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
With the way things are going, I have no doubt that Republicans will ban political satire before they even think about altering gun policy.

Oct 28, 2017
I was neutral to slightly positive on Jim Carrey before this happened.

Now I feel the need to buy some of his work. Does he still get residuals from The Mask?