• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Here's an intriguing combination: Jim Carrey and Sonic The Hedgehog. Sources said Carrey is negotiating to star in the Paramount film in the role of Robotnik, a villain in the live action/CGI adaptation of the hit Sega video game. Pic stars James Marsden and Tika Sumpter and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Neal Moritz, Mie Onishi and Tim Miller are producers. Pat Casey & Josh Miller wrote the script. Sonic must stop Dr. Eggman from completing his plans for world domination is basically the gist of this one.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jim-carrey-sonic-the-hedgehog-villain-robotnik-1202419887/

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
https://deadline.com/2018/06/jim-ca...419887/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here's an intriguing combination: Jim Carrey and Sonic The Hedgehog. Sources said Carrey is negotiating to star in the Paramount film in the role of Robotnik, a villain in the live action/CGI adaptation of the hit Sega video game. Pic stars James Marsden and Tika Sumpter and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Neal Moritz, Mie Onishi and Tim Miller are producers. Pat Casey & Josh Miller wrote the script. Sonic must stop Dr. Eggman from completing his plans for world domination is basically the gist of this one.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Take Riddler outfit from Batman Forever

Paint red and black

Put pillow under shirt

There ya go, Dr. Robotnik, perfect

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The bigger news is they're calling him Robotnik and not Eggman. They got something right with this movie if nothing else.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
*blinks*

Well, uh. He's definitely got the exaggerated demeanor to match even the most energetic interpretations of the role, but uh

Yeah that's not exactly a pairing I saw coming.

I don't really have faith in the overall quality of any video game movie so long as "video game movie" exists as an excuse to slack off on actually trying for Hollywood, but the most this says to me is that the appearance and voice of Eggman is going to feel rather. . .strange. Not poorly acted, actually, Carrey actually seems like a shockingly good fit for Eggman's flair for theatrics and any flaws there will likely be on the part of the script, just. . .very strange.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Would've been excited if Miller was directing this, only a producer? That's unfortunate

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
This movie is gonna suck so hard but I'm in for Carrey hamming it up as Robotnik, cant pass that up

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
latest

the-cable-guy-20th-anniversary-11.gif

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'm kind of going to be in the theater for this immediately.

Oh, god. It's going to raise up something inside me. Not sure what yet, but I'm giddy.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
sonic and an anti-vaccine advocate. whew.
*sigh* Exactly how many actors have I lost track of doing idiotic things?

Granted Eggman is such a danger to public safety on his own that if it weren't for the fact that he probably passes around vaccines made of leaded gasoline I could see him being anti-vac too.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this gonna be animated? Or a live action CG combination that brings me the worst comparisons with Alvin and the Chipmunks

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to catch this movie when it releases on Netflix down the road... and I see the movie end and they tease Shadow in the end credits.