• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Vita really didn't work for me, but I still hope Sony gives the handheld market another go. After Vita and with the experience from their mistakes, anything should do better.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I feel like they didn't know how to market the thing. I don't know if I have the expertise to tell Sony what they could have done differently, but it feels like they just went with "PSP 2" and when that didn't work, they just fumbled and didn't know what to do next. So they just stopped marketing it O_O

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Sony's basically (been) making me a Nintendo first gamer again with their poor handling of their handheld efforts. Thank Sony, Nintendo!
And with their games following foot pretty much in terms of design and such... Yeah.

Just like it was as a kid, Nintendo handheld first and foremost, then a PlayStation as a sporadicly used second system. We're really existing in cicles. Dark Souls sends its regards.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Sony should focus on home consoles only, leave the handheld business to it's master Nintendo.

Ressources should be focused on consoles. The end.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Sony should focus on home consoles only, leave the handheld business to it's master Nintendo.

Ressources should be focused on consoles. The end.

Last gen would have been a lot worse for Sony if they didn't have PSP.

A lot of the best games ever made were created on handhelds.

Dec 4, 2017
Unfortunately, Sony made a number of fundamental mistakes in designing the Vita that made it extremely difficult to course-correct, and they decided course-correction was too expensive in the context of them pouring resources into righting the PS3's ship (and ultimately supporting the PS4).