• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
www.telegraph.co.uk

PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan: £70 is fair price for PS5 games and launch line-up is console's best ever

The second part of the Telegraph's exclusive interview also covers console storage, cloud gaming and the PS5's divisive design
From the recent Telegraph interview:
Can you confirm whether [the previously announced] God of War Ragnorak will be a PS5 exclusive?
"Sorry. I've got nothing to say about that today."
I think I can see this being cross-gen, considering they've been waffling on the topic so much lately.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It may explain how it is coming out next year because it seems like a pretty fast turnaround time for a aaa game these days (especially a Sony one).

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That means it's not.

Can you imagine the wailing that would come out of an og ps4 trying to run a GOW sequel?

nss

Apr 10, 2018
People should assume it's cross gen to keep their expectations in check

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's obviously the Miles Morales version of God of War, smaller cross gen, still good as hell.

I don't understand why executives can't just come out and say the truth.

Sep 24, 2020
It's also barely even been confirmed outside of a logo tease. While it could totally be a PS4 game, why would Ryan say anything about it yet?

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if COVID has had an impact in that as more people are spending time on PS4s, the prospect of pulling in that additional userbase is too captivating to pass up.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
For the same reason as it doesn't appear as scheduled for 2021 on the PS5 Launch ad.
This shit doesn't even has a title.

I don't doubt it is crossgen tho

Jan 3, 2019
giphy.gif

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
In fairness we barely know anything about the game or even the title despite the fact it exist so I wouldn't take it as definitive proof.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
they won't confirm something that was yet to be in an official PR.
In fact, answering this question would mean also confirming a title that they have yet even give it. the game is still only referred to as "the next entry in the god of war franchise" officially

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Given what they've said about PS4 support, and depending on how they see conditions from the back end of next year, I can easily see it being cross gen.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Would seem foolish to think it would be at this point, so many ps4 out there and they are committed to cross gen for 2-3 more years.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They haven't even confirmed what it's called yet. It's not called GoW Ragnarok. So not surprising they are saying fuck all.

3bada

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even if it was, I don't think this is an interview where he answers that type of question. We'll find out next time they show it

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Definitely cross gen but definitely a full game.

Almost 4 years of dev time

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's obviously the Miles Morales creation of god of war
The Ragnarok subtitle implies it's a big one, not a transitory title towards the next big event, so unless "Ragnarok is coming" literally means that this game will set Ragnarok up for the next title so that "Ragnarok is coming", I can't see it being Miles Morales in scope.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as a game called God of War Ragnorak technically hasn't been confirmed, he is not wrong per se haha

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
We barely know anything about the game. Ofc he won't reveal anything that isn't yet supposed to be revealed in an interview. I would be very disappointed tho if it's actually cross gen.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it wasn't cross gen they'd flat out say that. So yeah, definitely think it's cross gen.

Don't know why Sony is suddenly being so shy about revealing platforms. Revealing months later that Horizon 2, Miles Morales and sackboy are cross gen was weird as hell

Joo

May 25, 2018
This doesn't tell us anything. His answer would be exactly the same to every single question considering unannounced stuff.