• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with him, sales during the FY should be higher than the PS4's (which were already very good).

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
You have a pre-order? :P

I wonder if he meant more sales in Korea.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta get them all shipped out but sure, with COVID I can see it

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I also expect this. First year PS4 was really grim. PS5 is the opposite, far more compelling.

Also more people looking for home entertainment during covid times.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well no shit. They have more consoles available at launch / in its first fiscal year and more hype. Selling more consoles is what you should expect.

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
You have a pre-order? :P

I wonder if he meant more sales in Korea.

I mean, they are producing more PS5s than PS4s in the first fiscal year, and there's little doubt that they'll sell every console they make instantly.

So maybe he was talking about Korea, but short of unforeseen circumstances (second wave in Asia hitting hard and closing manufacturing plants, for example), the PS5 WILL sell more than the PS4 worldwide in its first fiscal year.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Looking at how GPU's have been selling since lockdown, it's a no brainer that consoles are going to sell very very well for the foreseeable future

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it going either way tbh.

They may beat it due to gaming being an all time high, but on the other hand COVID having an impact on financial expense could also have an effect. Console being expensive and game getting price hike could have an effect.

There is no doubt though they will sellout due to hardcore audience buying the system.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Much better launch lineup, more systems available this time around and a good price, yeeha it should do very well.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Fiscal year ending 2021 or full fiscal year ending 2022?
Also what about second round of preorders in US/EU?

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
He is right. With restrictions to travel, outside activities, movies etc. there will be more disposable income available for console acquisitions. I think all 3 consoles will perform well with Ps5 as market leader.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming they are able to get more units on the market in the same time frame, I would think so

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Stronger competition, people without jobs, (imo) weak launch line up... I don't see it.

Covid is boosting sales of everything gaming related (it's biggest reason for record breaking Switch sales and also PS4 and XBo selling out despite their age). People might have less money to use but they also have less options to spent it on. Everything you can do at home is getting boost from the pandemic.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Damn right! 10 million sold by the end of this fiscal year and 30 million sold by the end of calendar year 2021 is my prediction.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah probably. Coming off super strong ps4. Became a major force in game development compared to begining of gen. Big production numbers. Very strong first year lineup. Managed to hit 399, albeit digital. And global events causing entertainment to fly off the shelves.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Waring; Long History of the Same
Weak launch lineup lol. While the competition are more interested in BC games sony are actually giving you next gen exclusives that are actually running on a ps5.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Having a healthy skepticism of executives of giant companies is good. Based on what we've heard about the PS5 production, it seems like this could be true though.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Doubt

The competition is stronger this time around, if there's a Switch pro, it will take money out of your pockets...

Edit: and there's covid...