• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New Management Structure of Sony Interactive Entertainment

"Sony Corporation and Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced that SIE Deputy President Jim Ryan will be appointed President and CEO of SIE effective April 1, 2019. Current SIE President and CEO John (Tsuyoshi) Kodera will dedicate his focus on creating innovative user experiences and further enhancing the network area as Deputy President of SIE. At the same time, Jim Ryan will also assume the role of Representative Director and President of SIE's Japan-based legal entity, Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc., and John Kodera will be its Representative Director and Deputy President. Jim Ryan will report directly to Kenichiro Yoshida, President and CEO of Sony Corporation."

Source: PRNewsWire

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
CT3F8Ea.png

Hmm

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
How did kodera lose his job that fast

EDIT: after further evaluation, it seems Kodera totally just wanted to focus on his massive undertaking of PSN 3.0

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
lAjeNjo.jpg

EDIT: Because people are complaining about how the first page is all about "Hmmmmm's", here's a more detailed answer for you all.
I am not really too excited for this considering his stance on BC and crossplay last year. But who knows. People keep pushing his excellent management with Sony in Europe so maybe he'll do a great job here! I just hope it's a good thing in the end.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember, he is one of the top people that has managed to pretty much make Playstation dominate in mainland Europe.

He sure has some knowledge.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
In this thread people will freak out because of an off-the-cuff comment he made about Gran Turismo once, but in reality this makes sense as Ryan is one of the main reasons behind PlayStation being a dominating force in Europe.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good move. I was surprised he wasn't made the president in the first place. Dude's done an incredible job of making Playstation so strong in Europe and is largely responsible for the strength of the brand in EMEA in the last decade. You need someone with that kind of business acumen at the top.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how people refuse to forget that one cameraman zoom flub from years ago lol

Was it really 2013? That can't be right, it was at least the PS4 Era...

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this thread people will freak out because of an off-the-cuff comment he made about Gran Turismo once, but in reality this makes sense as Ryan is one of the main reasons behind PlayStation being a dominating force in Europe.

Most people care more about that Gran Turismo comment and the camera zoom moment he had no control over than everything he has done for Playstation in Europe.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019

Yeah I won't lie. His comments and thoughts on cross play are what make me a little bit nervous. But I hope those aren't gonna be the dominate force with him being president.
Maybe now they won't drag him out for PR when they need it

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I have been playing too much Fist of the north star recently, I read Kenichiro as Kenshiro lol.
Other than that it doesn't seem like a big shakeup..

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I agree. Without EU, Sony wouldn't be as strong as they are so this is not surprising at all.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I hope people are right that he'll be good for the job. I have no personal reason to like Jim Ryan and only reasons to dislike him at this point in time. PlayStation dominating Europe doesn't mean their plans for future hardware and network services will be to my liking.

Last edited:

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh... I guess Kodera was just a stand-in just like Kimishima at Nintendo.

Isn't Jim Ryan the guy who has the tradition to announce new titles at Gamescom?