• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I am reading the comments here....and i have only one conclusion.

99% of the commenters ain't going to be somebody of importance making decisions or leading a team (let alone a corporation), isn't it?

Oct 27, 2017
Was Kodera really supposed to be in his position for the interim and that someone else would succeed him eventually? Unless that's true, I don't know, something stinks with such a demotion.

Is there some business explanation for this occurring in February? Would they rather this be completed before the end of a quarter or fiscal year? Most of all, I'm just curious of the timing and whatever prompted this action.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
All this movement that has been going on at SIE, is probably caused by differences when it comes to the PS5 development. I think they are having a hard time figuring out how to replicate the success of the PS4. The PS5 could be a huge sucess or not, but in the meantime, it's causing a lot of trouble for Sony.
On what basis do you make this claim? Genuinely curious. Especially after it's clearly outlined in the article.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Like it or not that quote is definitely not a lie, while BC is a nice feature to have its also an after thought for like pretty much everyone that buys a new console. If you buy a cutting edge new machine you sure are not buying it to play 10 yo games and thats what I got from Jim's statements.

Even if you dont agree with that, some of the comments in here are ridiculous (comparing him to Mattrick lol), go read about them before making that comparison. Jim did a lot for Playstation, is very capable/experienced and deserves to be where he is right now.

Nablith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've heard good things about his work for Sony in Europe but I'm feeling really cautious about this one. I hope we don't see PS3 era Sony coming back.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
giphy.gif

They're both white, old, humans and heads... I'll give you that ;P
They both were just saying company policy. That's the situation but obviously not everything is the same because MS was super out of touch and needed correcting. Not even talking about that.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
There goes ps5 bc. /s

Guess we will see how he does with ps5

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anybody in this thread is at all equipped to determine if this is a good decision or not, and it seems silly to specualate.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
All this movement that has been going on at SIE, is probably caused by differences when it comes to the PS5 development. I think they are having a hard time figuring out how to replicate the success of the PS4. The PS5 could be a huge sucess or not, but in the meantime, it's causing a lot of trouble for Sony.

You really didn't read the article, did you?

This kind of post needs to lead to 1 day bans or something until we get to a point where anybody commenting can be relied upon to have read the OP.

Era posters interviewing JR for a job:

jr: So I've been a senior manager and have helped guide a business that massively expanded its market sector, has sold over 400m units of hardware and over 3bn units of software. In the territory I was mainly responsible for, our brand babe is synonymous with video gaming.

Era: yeah but those two quotes mate, you're not hired.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Apple is happening, therefore it's probably because of Orange.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Hopefully he'll do better at this then he does PR, because I've never seen a PR person who so consistently shits on their own products by accident like he does.

Like when he tried to throw shade at the X by saying nobody would use its extra power because nobody did with the PS3.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's almost like people in this thread don't know Mattrick too oversaw the most successful period the 360 experienced.

Until he too started saying dumb shit like "We have a console for you..."

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
How did kodera lose his job that fast

From how it reads he has a ton of experience in content/online infrastructure like PSN, he has been about what future will be when it comes to digital/streaming. It makes sense to put someone in charge of that who knows what they are doing.

And sounds like they are beefing it up, so possible we will see a bigger PSNOW, and some kind of netfix service from him that I would assume might include music as well. He is very experienced in that from what I've read.

But Jesus christ anyone but Jim Ryan.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
It's almost like people in this thread don't know Mattrick too oversaw the most successful period the 360 experienced.

Until he too started saying dumb shit like "We have a console for you..."
What does Mattrick have to do with Ryan..I don't get it, are they the same person or something? The trolling/fear mongering here not even subtle lol.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It's really embarrassing. Like I'm seriously wondering where all of this unfounded skepticism and doom/gloom is coming from. Not a lot of evidence in any of the posts either.

It's not doom and gloom. Sony is in one hell of a position. I personally do not like the dude as head of any major videogame platform. It's not based on nothing. He says dumb shit. It's not anti-Sony. It's pro Sony to be against a guy who says dumb shit running them.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What does Mattrick have to do with Ryan..I don't get it, are they the same person or something? The trolling/fear mongering here not even subtle lol.

No, I've seen comparisons in this thread to both Spencer (in a positive light) and Mattrick (in a negative light), which completely ignores that Mattrick was responsible for the 360's best period. Until he started saying dumb shit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What does Mattrick have to do with Ryan..I don't get it, are they the same person or something? The trolling here not even subtle lol.

It's this weird lack of people being able to evaluate or view anything without a reference point to look back on or compare it to. Like "X" happened before, so it must mean it's going to happen again in this totally unrelated scenario, because it's the only frame of reference I have!

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
No, I've seen comparisons in this thread to both Spencer (in a positive light) and Mattrick (in a negative light), which completely ignores that Mattrick was responsible for the 360's best period. Until he started saying dumb shit.
You never answered my question, how are the two even related? What are you saying that Ryan will do to PS what Mattrick did to Xbox? It wasn't just Mattrick. Spencer and others were fully behind the Xbox one vision. Mattrick will be blamed for any issues with Xbox two at this rate.