• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like, death threats are fucking awful, and I think they are indicative of the general lack of empathy that we as a culture and society suffer from... but over Dynasty Warriors? Really?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These people who threaten murder over a video game...

I mean I am a fan of the series and it has always been hated and gotten bad reviews so I am used to it but aren't these assholes who do this not used to it? What a bunch of idiots.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
He won't be able to find him because there is no huge signpost floating over Jim's head.

Fuck that dude

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
B.. but isn't that game one of the worst Dynasty Warriors ever? Even with a good game it's stupid to send death threats.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people who threaten murder over a video game...

I mean I am a fan of the series and it has always been hated and gotten bad reviews so I am used to it but aren't these assholes who do this not used to it? What a bunch of idiots.
I think the context here is that Sterling has always loved Dynasty Warriors, and been one of its more ardent defenders over the years.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Will never understand this people that takes a game so seriously that will send death threats to another human being for criticizing it

Bebop242

Oct 28, 2017
My son is watching the video right now and I was like "why is he talking about this game so much? Who cares?"

Apparently some people REALLY care.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Jim Sterling but fuck whoever made the death threat. That shit is not ok.

BannedEpisode

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine aligning your self worth so closely with a video game series that you become enraged when someone critiques it.

I personally can't.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
And people wonder why gamers are still looked down upon.

Threatening murder over a freaking video game is NOT okay and those who do so should be ashamed of themselves. Or get caught if they keep doing it.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over Dynasty Warriors? Like death threats are always unacceptable no matter what, but who is getting upset over Dynasty Warriors

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death threats go beyond the borderline of insanity. It's just not worth it.

I hope he stays well, all Jim Sterling intends to do is give his personal insight into these games.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
If you're a somewhat famous persona and you haven't received at least some death treats you aren't really famous.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Jim has been going in hard over Dynasty Warriors 9. After watching 3 of the videos he's done on DW9, I definitely feel he's got a platform to speak on this one. One can just tell by his vocal mannerisms he loves the series but loathes DW9 for everything it did wrong.

Death threats over valid criticisms of a game...really? C'mon man, let people have their opinions.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad he is getting attacked for his DW9 opinion since he is one of the very few media members that have championed the series in the past. Get mad at Tecmo Koei for making fans wait 5 years for s sub par offering. But don't death threat either.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
gamers giving right wing nutjobs a run for their money for "most toxic group in the world"
Well, a sizable percentage of gamers are right wing nutjobs, so it's just as well.

Is the shithead that sent Jim a death threat also going to target a bunch of Amazon reviewers as well? Because I just checked, and DW9 is getting thrashed over there.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why some of you are stuck on it being over Dynasty Warriors as if that makes it even more unreasonable.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Uk2jJRI.gif

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It's easy to write people like that off as losers that have nothing better to do, but some are probably my age who just dropped their kid off at daycare or something.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish this kind of death threats would lead to people actually getting sued and jailed. It's a crime plain and simple.