• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2017
MOD EDIT: We are leaving this thread open to provide our members the chance to respond to this video's arguments with their own reasoned perspectives. Please avoid stirring or partaking in system wars in this thread.

Everyone knows the Xbox One is a bit rubbish. Deep down, we all know it, and it's because Microsoft thinks too much like a publisher.

"Microsoft thinks like a third party AAA publisher, too many microtransactions in games, need to make compelling games to incentivize platform ownership like Sony and Nintendo, instead of making games to be profitable in their own rights, Xbox One is redundant and a bit shit"

Is the basis of Jim's argument, he says the exclusives are either not that great or not enough of them, and although Microsoft are trying to do more and get more exclusives, they haven't done so yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I've owned an Xbox One for 2.5 years and I've used it for maybe 5 hours this year. If it's not your main platform it kinda sucks.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow. Suit up mods... gonna be a crazy thread.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Console that has 95% of the same games as most popular platform is "a bit shit".

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Jim, can't agree. I like my Xbox One a lot. It's a good machine, with some great games, and MS is unbeatable on the services front.
This seems to be a bit of a "well, bugger me, I've got nothing to talk about this week... oh, I know, I'll go after the Xbox One, that should win me some points on gaming forums" kind of thing here, to be honest.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The Xbox One is a bit shit. The Xbox One X on the other hand.. is a glorious piece of hardware.

Had no interest in Xbox One until X launched and now it's my main platform with Pro and Switch for exclusives only.
Console that has 95% of the same games as most popular platform is "a bit shit".
And in the case of the X, does it better (and quieter) too.

I don't think anyone can argue against Microsoft's first party line-up being pretty fucking abysmal this generation, but if we're talking hardware, the X is truly amazing. And the first party slate is looking much healthier going forward with FH4, Ori, Gears 5, Halo Infinite looking in good shape. Then there's services like Game Pass.

So I'm just not sure it's a 'bit shit' on that basis.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
giphy.gif

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well that's one way to get some people to talk about your "brand" again.

I'm just listening now - i personally don't have a problem with the OS, i don't get the hate for it.

Like he says - not top 20 shit - but a bit shit. He just chose the best hot take title to cause contreversy and get people talking about it. I put money that this will be his most viewed video of the last 5- 10 videos he has made. Good way to boost conversation, unfortunately.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Lol, this thread will go well.

I agree that MS thinks too much like a third party publisher at times. They have seemed to back off the Microtransactions craze abit so hopefully they get their shit together but most of that pay off will be next gen.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Interesting topic. Why does he bring it up now?
Well, will watch the video, maybe he answers it.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the video and it was a bit shit.

I was expecting some good points but sadly there weren't much...All the consoles this gen are a bit shit tbh.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox one x is one of the best pieces of hardware I've ever owned.

The OG X is shit tho, even the S is great

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I likely wouldn't disagree with that assertion but you can't tell me there aren't better ways to title this. I just cannot stand his obnoxious clickbait garbage that encourages bad commenting.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit, Jim

Don't let them catch on how much releasing MS exclusives on PC sabotages the Xbone until AFTER they release the Halo MCC on PC

After that, I don't care, but I need Halo on PC first

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sterling with those hard hitting and original opinions.

Could someone summarize the point of the video?

Deleted member 26462

Oct 30, 2017
XBO is the most expendable console of the three, if you have a PS4 or a PC i don't see much reasons to own an XBO.

BUT, imho...current Jim opinions seems to be more clickbait focused content than good content.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sterling with those hard hitting and original opinions.

Could someone summarize the point of the video?
"Microsoft thinks like a third party AAA publisher, too many microtransactions in games, need to make compelling games to incentivize platform ownership like Sony and Nintendo, instead of making games to be profitable in their own rights, Xbox One is redundant and a bit shit"

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Maybe try watching the video before jumping to conclusions.

He makes some decent points despite covering some old ground. A lot of what he covers is regarding exclusive games.