• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm often late to the party, but... what a fuckin' party!".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5EzAh7ZkZI

Jim discovers someone pretending to be him leaving a 7/10 review for Odyssey [a full 24 hours before he's even played it].

Always takes me awhile to fall for any YTer, but I've fallen for Jim HARD - so many choice quotes here.

Enjoy ERA!

and thanks God for Jim

oddez

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely hilarious, both Jim's reaction and whoever decided to make that image. Incredible.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Gonna watch his thoughts, hear him out, and reply back with what I think.

DO NOT OVERREACT TO THE NUMBER SCORE.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's going to become a meme now. Any new Nintendo game that comes out will be followed by a fake 7/10 Sterling review, followed by some Nintendo fan outrage, followed by a Sterling video.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
That video is hilarious so far, I'm just at the part where he goes through the comments and I'm laughing so hard.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that it was real, which is what I think makes all the rage reactions even funnier.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Jim should just get it out of the way and put up his final review being Odyssey.

I mean id also like to see what he thinks of Sonic Forces since he likes Sonic 4 so much.

Wait Metokur (Also named Jim) did the fake review?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the fake review still gives the game a 7/10, because that's the sweet spot between a glowing recommendation and an outright condemnation that elicits the most outrage from people.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
OMG

Jim is playing Dynasty Warriors music in the background......such a great selection

is Jim a Dynasty Warriors fan?

very funny video

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SJW is a badge of honor, tbh. Dunno why people think it's some sort of an insult.

Tubby Hitler though...ha!

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Real or fake can you even justify a reaction like this over a 7/10? Is a number on MC really that important? Is 97 really that much worse than 98? I don't get it man...

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised.

He's British. He has no standards and fakes his opinions to suit his interests,
which is getting attention.

Dax

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone following Jim would have immediately known it was fake, he has recently retired to live the rest of his days on the family Boglin farm.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty funny. But whoever wrote that fake review did a good job. Reads like a Jim Sterling review. He should reflect on that.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Real or fake can you even justify a reaction like this over a 7/10? Is a number on MC really that important? Is 97 really that much worse than 98? I don't get it man...
Yeah. I wonder how many reviewers are willing to give Odyssey a "decent" score with the peer pressure generated by sheer momentum of 9s and 10s.

Oct 26, 2017
Hold the fuck up, someone made a fake screenshot with that fake Jim Sterling review. People saw it and without even checking Metacritic or actually checking his site if it was real they just jumped to crazy conclusions? Absolutely hilarious. That little bit on Metacritic that wasn't even there was enough. LOL.

j0hnniX

Oct 25, 2017
GA
I love how he twists the fat joke and uses it to sell his merch.. classic Jim. Lol. Love this guy.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Man people take review scores way too seriously. Just because a reviewer doesn't think the game you are excited for isn't perfect isn't a slight against you lol.

I'm sure Jim must be loving not having to do any work and still managing to get some publicity.