• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Alright so full disclosure, I have never been a fan of Jimmy Dore. I find him to be one of most useless people on TYT. And I usually just ignore videos of their featuring him. And yes, for those that have been following this, he's said a lot of stupid stuff in the past that should have clued his fans in to how dumb he is years ago. Jimmy gets a lot of praise for being hypercritical of the Democratic Party/ DNC/ "The Establishment", and it's arguable this is how he brands himself and makes his bread. But some new video and audio has popped into my feed showing some next level stupidity.

This video is by Progressive Voice on YT. He usually has some pretty reasonable takes on things within the leftist YT sphere. He has made a few videos questioning specific claims Jimmy Dore made in the past, (about Seth Rich, the midterms, and Trump). But in this video he is finally brave enough to call out Jimmy Dore as ridiculous.

The video shows Jimmy Dore comparing the USA to post-WW2 Germany in a misguided effort to ask why the US didn't impose a ban on McCarthyist accusations just like Germany imposed a ban on the Nazi salute. Disregarding the facts that these two things aren't remotely similar and that the US has a first amendment ensuring free speech that Germany doesn't, this entire argument just shows how disconnected jimmy Dore is from his arguments. He never seems to follow them through to their logical conclusion in his mind before speaking. He just throws it out there because he thinks it will make him more liked by the anti-dem left.

The video is lengthy, but If you keep watching, you'll get to see Jimmy Dore go on RT and praise their viewership while making the same argument about IMPRISONING people that make accusations about others working for Russian interests.

What do you think? Why does TYT keep Jimmy on their (2nd string) show? Why does the Left tolerate this clown?

OP
OP
Clefargle

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Just a little extra for those that might be interested. Here is a video of Sam Seder debating Jimmy Dore Pre-2016 election about the Supreme Court. Jimmy makes it clear he has zero interest and knowledge of how the courts work:

Yet he continued to spew nonsense about Hilary Clinton and the Dems because in his accelerationist mindset, Trump winning the election would "help" the left.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
This fucking guy. At some level, I can appreciate what he is doing. Aggressively calling out the satus quo of the democratic party is a good thing. But dam, this guy's world is so black and white. Also, he is so clueless on many things.

I especially love how he quotes Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent and tells people to distrust mainstream media, but at the same time he sees no problem taking news from Venezuelan goverment without any scrutiny.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy Dore is terrible. He's actually gotten worse since 2016. TYT needs to cut ties with him. It seems like they largely have, as he rarely appears on the show these days (but he's still on their network, which is still unacceptable).

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dore is the horseshoe theory in action.

He doesn't know it but he's a Russian tool just like right-wing conspiracy nutters.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Jimmy Dore is TYT's version of "saying the quiet part out loud."

I don't view much of TYT's cast as much more informed than him, just not as outwardly loony. So it's no surprise they don't get rid of him.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy Dore is TYT's version of "saying the quiet part out loud."

I don't view much of TYT's cast as much more informed than him, just not as outwardly loony. So it's no surprise they don't get rid of him.
Pretty much my read. TYT have never really been appealing to me.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TYT really need to shit can this guy. Jimmy has butted heads with other anchors and contributors before. It's really just Cenk sandbagging for him at this point, even though he also disagrees with him.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't decide on the best GIF to use here.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

YouTuber Says Wacky Shit: Tape at 11

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Ana and Ben are the only ones worthwhile at TYT. Both of them deserve better.

Anna and Ben (miss Nomiki) are my favorites but I like most of the people TYT even when I disagree with some of their take on things. That said Jimmy Dore and Stef Zamorano (The Aggresive Progressives) have gone off the reservation to the degree I feel they will probably pull a Dave Rubin and hit the road and do their own thing and when they do I hope their horrible fans (Dore Zealots) go with them. Steve Oh is okay and the clips of him shutting Dore down are pretty funny. Dude always ends up looking like he is going to beat Jimmy up.

My go tos as far as YouTube/Podcast Politics are Pakman, Seder and Co, and some Kyle Kulinski. Humanist Report is cool too.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anna and Ben (miss Nomiki) are my favorites but I like most of the people TYT even when I disagree with some of their take on things. That said Jimmy Dore and Stef Zamorano (The Aggresive Progressives) have gone off the reservation to the degree I feel they will probably pull a Dave Rubin and hit the road and do their own thing and when they do I hope their horrible fans (Dore Zealots) go with them. Steve Oh is okay and the clips of him shutting Dore down are pretty funny. Dude always ends up looking like he is going to beat Jimmy up.

My go tos as far as YouTube/Podcast Politics are Pakman, Seder and Co, and some Kyle Kulinski. Humanist Report is cool too.
Seder and Michael Brooks are great.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I feel they will probably pull a Dave Rubin and hit the road and do their own thing and when they do I hope their horrible fans (Dore Zealots) go with them.

I wouldn't count on it. Ana spoke a bit about Dave Rubin (Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZhYj_VK8s ) and Jimmy Dore would need to be offered a lot of money to turn his sights again TYT and as terrible as his politics are he's not exactly a grifter out to sell himself to the highest bidder.

Someone should send that video to Majority report via their email or tag Michael Brooks/Sam Seder on twitter with it and then call in the show and ask about it and hope they're in a good enough mood to bash on Jimmy.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I get the vibe Cenk doesn't fire him mainly because he doesn't want to deal with the fallout it would bring.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I wouldn't count on it. Ana spoke a bit about Dave Rubin (Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZhYj_VK8s ) and Jimmy Dore would need to be offered a lot of money to turn his sights again TYT and as terrible as his politics are he's not exactly a grifter out to sell himself to the highest bidder.

Someone should send that video to Majority report via their email or tag Michael Brooks/Sam Seder on twitter with it and then call in the show and ask about it and hope they're in a good enough mood to bash on Jimmy.

Oh they did. Any opportunity for them to bash on Rubin they take. Ana calls into Michael's side podcast too and they dunked on Dave awhile after that video. If that is what you are talking about.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Oh I mean someone should send the Progressive Voice video towards the MR guys (And girl)

OP
OP
Clefargle

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I couldn't decide on the best GIF to use here.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

YouTuber Says Wacky Shit: Tape at 11

YouTuber regularly featured on one of the most popular channels on YT, if not the most popular political channel on the left. TYT has a sizeable audience and pushed progressive candidates into office through "justice Democrats" organization. I'm glad TYT exists but this type of conspiratorial nonsense has no place in the left.

Edit: also I think TYT is the longest running show on YT especially the most prominent one left.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Jimmy's half way there into Rubin land, but I'm unsure whether he believes it or is cashing in on the down low.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I think the case can be made that's he's just dumb and uninformed about many of the hotbutton topics he brings up. I don't think he's smart enough or studied enough to really cash in past RT and TYT

He doesn't have to be, all RT has to offer is a show of his own with mega bucks and he's gone. But for now he's better off staying where he is under TYT credibility.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
Disregarding the facts that these two things aren't remotely similar and that the US has a first amendment ensuring free speech that Germany doesn't, this entire argument just shows how disconnected jimmy Dore is from his arguments.

Excuse me?

Article 5
[Freedom of expression, arts and sciences]
(1) Every person shall have the right freely to express and disseminate his opinions in speech, writing and pictures, and to inform himself without hindrance from generally accessible sources. Freedom of the press and freedom of reporting by means of broadcasts and films shall be guaranteed. There shall be no censorship.

OP
OP
Clefargle

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

It's not 1:1 the same as the first amendment. I'm certainly not saying that Germany doesn't allow free speech, but this is in reference to once specific difference. Nazi salutes. In the US they are protected, in Germany they aren't. I'm not advocating for them to be protected speech. I'm just pointing out a difference.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Think about it, this guy was medicore comedian but now is poltical pundit. Just like Glenn Beck

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
They had Michael Tracey at one point too.

They always seem to have some asshole.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever you send to MR to cover may have to wait until next week. The show is on vacation for a week.