• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone still thinking she's not a monster:

EPK242IUEAAfd8z

She's gone full mask-off at this point, huh? How did she get on twitter at her big age and post this attacking some random stan who got a cute tattoo based on her work... and then BULLY them???? Oof.

May 26, 2018
(EDIT: Is this real? Hate basing an opinion off an image alone and no one corroborating.)

(EDIT 2: Not feeling this one. But read below for my extremely disappointed reaction were it real, yippee!)

---------------------

What the everloving fuck? Wow. Especially ironic considering Harry lived with his abusive family in a closet.

Do I... really want to share my Harry Potter books with my kids?

I mean, I'd share Lovecraft's stories at some point I suppose, so maybe, but... god damn.

Last edited:

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to think of a way this might be misinterpreted but fuck, that seems pretty blatant considering the photo she's replying to. Gross.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She'll just retcon her being homophobic later on in a tweet.

Seriously, she's a nutcase.

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a joke about how Harry lived in a closet or whatever.

Still, she sucks because she's a TERF so I am not giving her the benefit of the doubt at all.

I also can't find the tweet like others are saying.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
As a short straw choice I started reading Harry Potter to my two year old at bedtime a few months ago. She really like it and says "Potter?" when it's bed time. We're halfway through the third book and I'm starting to have serious reservations about continuing the series. What the fuck is wrong with this lady?

OP
OP
Supermanisdead
Oct 25, 2017
She immediately deleted it. Even in that screenshot it says "tweets aren't loading" because it was deleted after a minute or two. She must have forgot she wasn't signed into her troll account

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of a way this might be misinterpreted but fuck, that seems pretty blatant considering the photo she's replying to. Gross.

Harry wouldn't have become who he was if he didn't' live in a closet?

That's really the only possible thing I can think of. And saying that Harry HAD to be abused is still a really fucked up thing to say if that's what she was going for.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to hope that this is just a very, very, very lame Harry Potter joke but I know it isn't.

Hopefully fake!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Her name is still gonna be in the book covers for them to see. Keeping it a secret to who she is will backfire if they ever think of googling it. Not like Notch with it only being in the credits.
White it out, repaint the art, and write "Space" over her name. Come on, I can't do all the work for you.

Joking aside, if it's any consolation, as a kid I gave ZERO shits about the author 90% of the time.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I think the insinuation is that Harry Potter lived in a closet for 12 years and became a great person. Without the context the meaning is completely twisted, not to say being tone deaf is an excuse though

It's the only way that tweet makes sense to me

Or it's fake

Jan 31, 2018
This seems pretty fake.

Honestly, it's bizarre how obsessed some are with putting others on pedestals and then rushing to tear them down.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of wether this tweet was real or not, she's still a scumfuck TERF.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rowling isn't cowardly about her bad takes. If she meant to be homophobic, she would've left it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.