• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Biden, who is currently campaigning to become the Democratic nominee for the 2020 presidential election, shared his opinions in an interview with the New York Times. When asked about Silicon Valley's expansion of power during his time in the Obama administration, Biden said: "And you may recall, the criticism I got for meeting with the leaders in Silicon Valley, when I was trying to work out an agreement dealing with them protecting intellectual property for artists in the United States of America. And at one point, one of the little creeps sitting around that table, who was a multi- — close to a billionaire — who told me he was an artist because he was able to come up with games to teach you how to kill people."

Biden has expressed his distaste for video games in the past. During 2013, while he was vice president, he proposed an additional tax on violent media, including violent games.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Supported intervening in Iraq, killing people. Decries video games for having the ability to kill people.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden is a gaffe machine and it worries me because Trump can do whatever the fuck he wants and the right just accepts it. Biden...I feel like he's eventually going to have too big a blunder down the campaign trail.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
ok biden; you can hate on violence, but I can hate that you have literally zero concept of personal boundaries.
9f35qP4.jpg

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
gaming ceos who want to be absolved of responsibility for hate speech/etc on their platforms are little creeps.

even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have played thousands of hours of platformers and don't know what to do with all this murder expertise it has brought me.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Biden should have stayed in his house and rot there.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
That's Bait dot jpg

but it's true, i played one kirby game and now i can't stop killing gods or god-like entities

Nov 11, 2017
I have no real love for Biden, but that headline is kinda disingenuous. He did say those things, but he wasn't calling 'game developers' those things, he was specifically talking about one executive he was meeting with. While the intent of his message is mostly still the same old 'games are violent' rhetoric, depending on who he was meeting with 'little creep' may have been right on the money.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That title is inaccurate when you compare it to what he said. I understand it was taken from the article, and I personally dislike Biden, but come on.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But he just calls a single Silicon Valley bro a creep?

Which seems to check out.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
He called a specific game developer exec in a specific meeting who he thought was pompous a little creep.

Not a Biden fan but the discussion about what he said has been so misleading. Pick a given AAA exec and I think few of us would disagree with calling them a little creep

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why this makes me so fucking angry. Is it is hypocrisy? The complete and total ignorance? The idea that this man is trying to be president is a fucking joke.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Not a big deal IMO as most older people think this - even my mom. We've heard this over and over and it makes no difference.

Thread should be closed honestly. All it's going to do is bring out political hacks.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"In my day you supported a war and sent folks to kill people based on fabricated evidence. What is this lazy on the couch fake killing shit?"- Diamond Joe

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people taking issue with the thread title when that is seemingly what he said? I don't get it.

He is paraphrasing what the dev said; I highly doubt a dev actually said "I make games that teach people how to kill", that is Biden's interpretation and he is doing it intentionally to paint this "Silicon Valley creep" that way. It's on him folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.