• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If Biden isn't collaborating on policies that are in fact racist, then yes, it's pointless and frankly stupid to suggest that his trying to work with those people is any kind of endorsement of their views. If the the only choice in moving forward is to elect Biden, I'd sooner give him my vote than deal with what's coming from the current administration.

He collaborated on exactly such racist policies. Have you even done any research at all?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

watch the clip there's more that wasn't quoted in the tweet and it's all spot on. brings up obama, what biden owes to him (his front runner status), and speaks to what obama would have been if people joe biden is all chummy with had their way.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is an outward, loud as fuck racist. We can't have that.

Luckily we have Joe Biden and the Democratic Party to take us back to the great era of dog whistles.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
If Biden wins the nomination I'm going to be fucking livid. All that handwringing over Hillary and she would have been a much better president than Biden.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
As a non American outsider I feel like Biden winning would deflate the momentum of the progressive movement in a way that ends up being worse long term than Trump winning again.

When will the debates start?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, there's no perfect candidate (although Warren, imo, is zero-ing in on being just that) but the bar should be much, much higher than where Biden is. He is out of touch, and even worse he doubles down on his out of touch racist actions and past. It's fucking gross and we should strive for better then him.

Honestly, it's the doubling down that's the worst. I'd rather not vote for somebody who pushed terrible policies, but people can evolve and many candidates have shown they have. But he's acting like it's shameful to question or point out his flaws over the years.

That's spin but she's basically saying "if you think he's a racist old grandpa that's because he probably is."

Yeah, it's not the most supportive story. She doesn't even say she believes he's better now. The reporter fucked up too though, and honestly that's more infuriating. She mistakenly says he was talking about reaching across the aisle, but he was talking about democrats. Why is this point so hard for some to understand?!

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
As a non American outsider I feel like Biden winning would deflate the momentum of the progressive movement in a way that ends up being worse long term than Trump winning again.

Next week Wednesday and Thursday.

Biden would lose the general.
I know the polls have him up, but I feel like the dems need an exciting candidate to win.
Lots of disillusioned voters since 2016.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden wins the nomination I'm going to be fucking livid. All that handwringing over Hillary and she would have been a much better president than Biden.
Biden is literally everything certain folks were accusing Clinton of being, exactly what I said we'd end up with if Trump won, and the person those same people who are now bellyaching about him kept saying they wished had run instead of her.

Thankfully I have his inability not to sink his own ship to cling to in hoping he fails the nomination.

Convention's gonna be brokered though and I'm not sure Sanders would be qilling to give his delegates to Warren.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

next week 25th, Biden is on the 26th, Kamala for sure will take a shot

watch the clip there's more that wasn't quoted in the tweet and it's all spot on. brings up obama, what biden owes to him (his front runner status), and speaks to what obama would have been if people joe biden is all chummy with had their way.

Coates always with the facts

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I don't think Biden will get away with throwing Black people under the bus this time around. But yeah, he's probably done more damage to the Black community than Trump.

Trump will do nothing but trickle release some unjustly incarcerated people. Biden will probably release more as a "my bad" and throw us a crumb or two.

What has the potential to affect us in the long run are Supreme Court and Federal appointments. Racially-speaking, if things get "volatile" it is better to have a Democratic administration to at least entertain reform, like what Eric Holder and Obama tried to do with high-profile homicidal PDs.

I understand that a Trump administration means the courts get packed with conservative activist judges, and that is certainly a concern for any number of potentially impacted issues, from reproductive choice to gay rights. But my fear, with Biden, is the likelihood of America developing an acute sense of amnesia and treating this northern neoconfederate with a congenial disposition and more inclusive vocabulary as a return to normalcy and a status quo that has done horrific damage to the black community. Sometimes forced and unwanted, America is still in the midst of a much needed conversation with herself about the history of this country and the unaddressed question of race. Trump initiated that dialogue and we're just in the beginning leg of what will be a marathon discussion. I want that conversation to continue, but I don't think it will if Biden is elected. Though, I do believe another Democrat could help us build upon this pivotal moment in American history to reach tangible solutions, someone like Warren.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
lmao at the blatant apologism on that shithole CNN

Sure Don Lemon I agree let's look to the future and judge the man on his record that you will conveniently never mention any details of because his record is categorically disastrous on the issue

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Biden is not only a terrible nominee who would lose all direction the moment he beat Trump, but he represents a complete dead end in term of political ideology.

Congressional bipartisanship, the GOP going "back to normal", nothing significant in the material conditions of the country changing, etc.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Moderate democrats will surely save us from impending fascism and economic collapse.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully things start changing with the debates or once the field gets smaller. Very sad to see him as the front runner.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it's unfortunate that we know why he holds a lead up there with trump, and it says a lot about white america.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
At the height of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s landmark Montgomery bus boycott, Eastland told a segregationist rally that "In every stage of the bus boycott we have been oppressed and degraded because of black, slimy, juicy, unbearably stinking n*****s." According to Robert Caro's Master Of The Senate, Eastland went on to urge the crowd to "abolish the Negro race" with "guns, bows and arrows, slingshots, and knives."​
Biden: "You go down the list of all these guys. Well guess what? At least there was some civility"

Source

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Biden is right about the GOP willing to play ball if he's the president. The GOP would be dealing with one of their own in Biden.

Also, fuck Pelosi. There's still people here defending her for some reason but she's just trash.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nancy really showing what she's made of, now.

Biden giving racists a thumbs up and Nacy going along for the ride while clutching pearls @ AOC over fake ass antisemitism accusations by the fascist right.

I say again, centrism and status quo helps the fascists.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
lmao

Can't watch the video at work, what does Booker say about the phone call?
The question in that tweet's video was "did he ask you to apologize" not "did he apologize" which seems to me like setting the bar extremely low. Booker answered something like "no, but it's not about me. what he did was hurtful to everyone."

It's obvious his campaign told the press about "a call" in hopes it gets read as an apology without ever apologizing. If they actually wanted to apologize, they'd say it. Same exact thing happened with Anita Hill, and it's gross.

This politico piece says directly that he did not apologize:

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
Patron Saint of Shade

Actually reading the articles, I think this is an instance of sensationalized headlines. Pelosi's defense of Biden is pretty tepid and is basically a shrug of the shoulders and going "that's who he is, it's not my place to decide if that's right or wrong" and she doesn't even really criticize AOC at all. The only thing about AOC she says is that she hasn't talked to her about it yet and then offers a very generic "democrats need to be careful of what they say because it will be heavily sensationalized and be used as ammo against them". Which is what ironically seems to have happened to Pelosi here.

It's always best to be skeptical of any headline that suggests there's a beef between Pelosi and AOC or establishment Dems and the progressive class. Most of them are mild disagreements or comments that are then blown up to fit pre-existing narratives that these two sides are at war with each other or something.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

He certainly would be the *final nail* in the coffin, he wouldn't move the needle or turn back any of the shit Trump has done.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Actually reading the articles, I think this is an instance of sensationalized headlines. Pelosi's defense of Biden is pretty tepid and is basically a shrug of the shoulders and going "that's who he is, it's not my place to decide if that's right or wrong" and she doesn't even really criticize AOC at all. The only thing about AOC she says is that she hasn't talked to her about it yet and then offers a very generic "democrats need to be careful of what they say because it will be heavily sensationalized and be used as ammo against them". Which is what ironically seems to have happened to Pelosi here.

It's always best to be skeptical of any headline that suggests there's a beef between Pelosi and AOC or establishment Dems and the progressive class. Most of them are mild disagreements or comments that are then blown up to fit pre-existing narratives that these two sides are at war with each other or something.
If she can't call someone who supported segregation what they are, then she's garbage. They all know Biden is the best chance moderates have at winning which is why she isn't saying shit. When it comes down to it people like her don't give a shit about racism as long as their pocket books and position of power are protected.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
If she can't call someone who supported segregation what they are, then she's garbage. They all know Biden is the best chance moderates have at winning which is why she isn't saying shit. When it comes down to it people like her don't give a shit about racism as long as their pocket books and position of power are protected.

Pelosi makes it a point to remain neutral during the primary process, and her language reflects that.

(She has, however, expressed the belief that the nominees should pull "center left" and "mainstream" in order to win "big."

)

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I partly agree but mostly disagree. She isn't going to go hard on Biden because there's a decent chance he becomes the Democratic Presidential nominee and it doesn't do anyone in the party any good by having the Democrat House speaker calling him a segregationist. I don't think this makes her a garbage person (I think there are other better reasons to think she's a garbage person), but in this specific instance I don't think there's anything wrong with her comments. She is the Democrat speaker of the house, she is supposed to be neutral to vaguely positive on every potential nominee.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
All I want for my birthday this year is a better Dem candidate than Biden.

Hell, if we can get one I'll even combo Xmas into it.

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019

Yep. It's sad to see people here so easily hoodwinked by this kind of reductive sensationalism.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
As a non American my impression is that Pelosi, Biden, etc. are just a representation of what Democrats have always been until the recent emergence of younger, fresher faces with more 21st century ideologies, with the exception of Sanders who seems like he was genuinely a progressive from the start.

Republicans are the in-your-face racists, pro-wealthy, pro-white-privilege, old school Democrats, the self called centrists, are the same, but they hide it better.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Can they please move forward a more suitable candidate?
Trump will have a walk in the park against him.

Nov 1, 2017
I wish he would do the decent thing and drop out. Then again if he had any his ass wouldn't have put himself in the running in the first place. Booker likely has no chance and if it looks like a sure thing that he doesn't, he should invite Joe for a public apology and slap the shit out of him on camera.

Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi is trying to thread a needle between voters that are rightfully angry and keeping the same strategy Democrats have used for decades. It's not like her methods are mystical secrets. I just don't get it, I mean I do but it's very demotivating to have this rich, old, white person sit back and give her 'we can't do better' bullshit.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
You've literally said nothing this entire thread except "people are making a mountain out of molehill"

You haven't said one word about why trying to downplay this issue would depict you as caring about Black Americans.

That's because that is what a chunk of this thread is. When you claimed he was as good as the fucking racist you showed how you'll take it too far. Don't worry you're not the only one. If calling out ridiculous conclusions means (somehow) I don't care about black Americans and now I have to defend myself against something you said, well fuck that.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the pelosi quote kind of seems like she's shitting on Biden

like "yup, that's who he is. he's a piece of shit but he's authentic about it."

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
The question in that tweet's video was "did he ask you to apologize" not "did he apologize" which seems to me like setting the bar extremely low. Booker answered something like "no, but it's not about me. what he did was hurtful to everyone."

It's obvious his campaign told the press about "a call" in hopes it gets read as an apology without ever apologizing. If they actually wanted to apologize, they'd say it. Same exact thing happened with Anita Hill, and it's gross.

This politico piece says directly that he did not apologize:

It's a cowardly thing to do.

His original comments were in public and the leak is his attempt to muddy the waters.

It's a bit similar to the non-endorsement from Obama spun into an endorsement. His non-apology is being worked through the system as good enough.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I wish he would do the decent thing and drop out. Then again if he had any his ass wouldn't have put himself in the running in the first place. Booker likely has no chance and if it looks like a sure thing that he doesn't, he should invite Joe for a public apology and slap the shit out of him on camera.
You're advocating for a black U.S. senator to publicly assault the former Vice President who is 76?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
the pelosi quote kind of seems like she's shitting on Biden

like "yup, that's who he is. he's a piece of shit but he's authentic about it."

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the video posted earlier. Considering Biden's standing and being a VP, I expected far more supportive language than "that's his life experience."

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Hey, remember a few months back, when far more people on this site were having a conniption about Sanders running again, instead of Biden? Good times.