• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Rep Lewis right once again.

Gtfo with this. Siding and arguing its a good thing that he teamed up with a racist who proudly touted whites need to kill black people in order to come together to push discriminatory busing is racist as fuck and deserves to be called for. One person saying otherwise does nothing to change the shit Biden is rightfully getting thrown at him.

This is such a pathetic way to dismiss a different perspective.

Are you saying "this African American's" opinion doesn't matter?
Holy shit youre really doing this.

Oh new member with less than 40 posts. Welp.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Gtfo with this. Siding and arguing its a good thing that he teamed up with a racist who proudly touted whites need to kill black people in order to come together to push discriminatory busing is racist as fuck and deserves to be called for. One person saying otherwise does nothing to change the shit Biden is rightfully getting thrown at him.
Dude's a hardcore Biden apologist.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Democratic lawmakers warn that Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and other White House hopefuls taking shots at front-runner Joe Biden are playing with fire and could wind up helping President Trump win reelection."

Which Reset poster was this

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why Joe Biden never became a nominee and it's not because he's too good of a candidate. Dems would be doing a disservice to not look at his many flaws.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why Joe Biden never became a nominee and it's not because he's too good of a candidate. Dems would be doing a disservice to not look at his many flaws.

After Trump, his flaws are the new normal for the most part. Trump paved the way for a character like Biden.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
After Trump, his flaws are the new normal for the most part. Trump paved the way for a character like Biden.
No. The reason that Biden is popular now is solely because he was VP for the most recent and highly liked Democratic president.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My sense is that Republicans expect a lot less in moral character than democrats, generally speaking. But really what I meant was, Trump went through the works in the republican primaries. I think dems have this strange, and unreasonable expectation the establishment-favorite, should just coast into victory unscathed. And it's really only asking for trouble come Election Day when were all blindsided by these obvious shortcomings.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think dems have this strange, and unreasonable expectation the establishment-favorite, should just coast into victory unscathed. And it's really only asking for trouble come Election Day when were all blindsided by these obvious shortcomings.
Yeeeeep

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden was the vice president for 8 straight years of gridlock and now I'm supposed to believe he's the only Dem that can communicate with Republicans because he's the fucking racist whisperer. Where was Diamond Joe's white supremacist mojo between the years of 2008 and 2016? It's Donald Trump's hollow, limp dick dealmaker rhetoric all over again.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No, his opinion matters, but that poster used the tweet quote itself to dismiss people's opinions and continue to paint people who took offense to Joe Biden's message as simple "outrage".

If the actual statement is racist I don't mind changing it as that was not my intent.

I think Biden is fucking disgusting and should drop out. He's a racist collaborator and painfully, dangerously out of step with where we need to be.

That said John Lewis isn't "this African American." He's a civil rights icon whose bona fides are impossible to ignore. I do disagree with him on this for sure but he's coming from a place of experience that is unparalleled.

It wasn't my intent to dismiss him just as a "this African American". If the statement is offensive I will be happy to change it as my intent was not to minimize Rep. Lewis.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019

We're not a monolith and most of these old black politicians are lackeys for white liberals that're well past their expiration date. John Lewis, James Clyburn, et. al. They never did much of anything for black people, their primary job being to provide cover for Democratic indifference to the plight of black people. They are paid tokens with zero power, much the same way Obama was. A black man who actually aims to do something tangible for black people, like Keith Ellison, is targeted and demonized by his own party.

Oct 27, 2017
Biden was the vice president for 8 straight years of gridlock and now I'm supposed to believe he's the only Dem that can communicate with Republicans because he's the fucking racist whisperer. Where was Diamond Joe's white supremacist mojo between the years of 2008 and 2016? It's Donald Trump's hollow, limp dick dealmaker rhetoric all over again.
Biden sucks. I'd vote for him over Trump, but I don't see people waiting in line for hours to vote for him.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Some of these defenses of Biden are sounding very similar to defenses that have been used for Trump and other far right-wingers.

John Lewis seems to be misunderstanding what the problem is many have with Biden's remarks. No one has any problem with working with the other side and many realize that means working with racist and other terrible people at time. It is his history of what he has worked with the other side/racists on that is the problem. It also doesn't help his continuous praise (this isn't a one off deal with him) of them, has considered some of them close friends and uses a racists example for why they were civil.

Yeah, don't let these old fuckers continue strawman, misinterpret, and gaslight us into oblivion.
X74AM6T.png

No defense for this shit. I don't care where that defense is coming from, whether it's from some rando on this site or John Lewis's old establishment ass.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people stayed at home rather than vote for Hilary, I could see it happening all over again with Biden all too easily.

Because it just looks like its scum vs scum if it comes down to him and Trump.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
John Lewis, James Clyburn, et. al. They never did much of anything for black people, their primary job being to provide cover for Democratic indifference to the plight of black people.

Yeah, Lewis never did much of anything. Oh wait.

John Lewis was the youngest of the "Big Six" leaders as chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) from 1963 to 1966, some of the most tumultuous years of the Civil Rights Movement. During his tenure, SNCC opened Freedom Schools, launched the Mississippi Freedom Summer, and organized some of the voter registration efforts during the 1965 Selma voting rights campaign. As the chairman of SNCC, Lewis had written a speech in reaction to the Civil Rights Bill of 1963. He denounced the bill because it didn't protect African Americans against police brutality or provide African Americans with the right to vote.

Lewis graduated from the American Baptist Theological Seminary in Nashville and then received a bachelor's degree in Religion and Philosophy from Fisk University. As a student, he was very dedicated to the Civil Rights Movement. He organized sit-ins at segregated lunch counters in Nashville and took part in many other civil rights activities as part of the Nashville Student Movement. He was instrumental in organizing student sit-ins, bus boycotts and nonviolentprotests in the fight for voter and racial equality.

In 1960, Lewis became one of the 13 original Freedom Riders. There were seven whites and six blacks who were determined to ride from Washington, D.C., to New Orleans in an integrated fashion. At that time, several states of the old Confederacy still enforced laws prohibiting black and white riders from sitting next to each other on public transportation. The Freedom Ride, originated by the Fellowship of Reconciliation and revived by James Farmer and CORE, was initiated to pressure the federal government to enforce the Supreme Court decision in Boynton v. Virginia (1960) that declared segregated interstate bus travel to be unconstitutional. In the South, Lewis and other nonviolent Freedom Riders were beaten by angry mobs, arrested at times and taken to jail. When CORE gave up on the Freedom Ride because of the violence, Lewis and fellow activist Diane Nash arranged for the Nashville students to take it over and bring it to a successful conclusion.

In 1963, when Chuck McDew stepped down as SNCC chairman, Lewis, one of the founding members of SNCC, was quickly elected to take over. Lewis's experience at that point was already widely respected. His courage and his tenacious adherence to the philosophy of reconciliation and nonviolence made him emerge as a leader. By this time, he had been arrested 24 times in the nonviolent struggle for equal justice. He held the post of chairman until 1966.

In 1963, as chairman of SNCC Lewis was named one of the "Big Six" leaders who were organizing the March on Washington, the occasion of Dr. King's celebrated "I Have a Dream" speech, along with Whitney Young, A. Philip Randolph, James Farmer and Roy Wilkins. Lewis also spoke at the March. Discussing the occasion, historian Howard Zinn wrote: "At the great Washington March of 1963, the chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), John Lewis, speaking to the same enormous crowd that heard Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream speech, was prepared to ask the right question: 'Which side is the federal government on?' That sentence was eliminated from his speech by organizers of the March to avoid offending the Kennedy Administration. But Lewis and his fellow SNCC workers had experienced, again and again, the strange passivity of the national government in the face of Southern violence." At 23 he was the youngest speaker that day and is the last remaining living speaker.

In 1964, Lewis coordinated SNCC's efforts for "Mississippi Freedom Summer," a campaign to register black voters across the South. The Freedom Summer was an attempt to expose college students from around the country to the perils of African-American life in the South. Lewis traveled the country encouraging students to spend their summer break trying to help people in Mississippi, the most recalcitrant state in the union, to register and vote. Lewis became nationally known during his prominent role in the Selma to Montgomery marches when, on March 7, 1965 – a day that would become known as "Bloody Sunday" – Lewis and fellow activist Hosea Williams led over 600 marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama. At the end of the bridge, they were met by Alabama State Troopers who ordered them to disperse. When the marchers stopped to pray, the police discharged tear gas and mounted troopers charged the demonstrators, beating them with night sticks. Lewis's skull was fractured, but he escaped across the bridge to Brown Chapel, the movement's headquarter church in Selma. Before Lewis could be taken to the hospital, he appeared before the television cameras calling on President Johnson to intervene in Alabama. Lewis bears scars from the incident on his head that are still visible today.

At 21 years old, Lewis was the first of the Freedom Riders to be assaulted while in Rock Hill, South Carolina. He tried to enter a whites-only waiting room and two white men attacked him, injuring his face and kicking him in the ribs. Nevertheless, only two weeks later Lewis joined a Freedom Ride that was bound for Jackson. "We were determined not to let any act of violence keep us from our goal. We knew our lives could be threatened, but we had made up our minds not to turn back," Lewis said recently in regard to his perseverance following the act of violence.

In an interview with CNN during the 40th anniversary of the Freedom Rides, Lewis recounted the sheer amount of violence he and the 12 other original Freedom Riders endured. In Anniston, Alabama, the bus was fire-bombed after Ku Klux Klan members deflated its tires, forcing it to come to a stop. Lewis, however, was not present on that particular day. In Birmingham, the Riders were mercilessly beaten, and in Montgomery, an angry mob met the bus, and Lewis was hit in the head with a wooden crate. "It was very violent. I thought I was going to die. I was left lying at the Greyhound bus station in Montgomery unconscious," said Lewis, remembering the incident.

The original intent of the Freedom Rides was to test the new law that banned segregation in public transportation. It also exposed the passivity of the government regarding violence against citizens of the country who were simply acting in accordance to the law.The federal government had trusted the notoriously racist Alabama police to protect the Riders, but did nothing itself, except to have FBI agents take notes. The Kennedy Administration then called for a cooling-off period, a moratorium on Freedom Rides. Lewis had been imprisoned for forty days in the Mississippi State Penitentiary in Sunflower County, Mississippi, after participating in a Freedom Riders activity in that state.

Again, I think Biden is fucking vile and Lewis is wrong but dismissing a lifetime of civil rights activism because you disagree with him about this is bizarre.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sorry if I'm late but CNN had older black women on saying they don't have any issue with Biden's comments lol

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if I'm late but CNN had older black women on saying they don't have any issue with Biden's comments lol
It's pretty much older black people who don't have a problem with what he said and did.

"Bat" for this "Piece of shit"

This is what it has become . Really sad at the about face on him by the few on the left. I am principled enough to not do an about face because he is not as left as I want him to be .
You're only mad because people changed their mind about him?

It's fucked up that you're response to people being rightfully pissed that Biden was thanking a white supremacist on a segregationist policy is "I'm mad that people changed their mind about him." You want people to stick by this man? Why?

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It's pretty much older black people who don't have a problem with what he said and did.

You're only mad because people changed their mind about him?

Is that your take away. I liked the Obama Biden team then despite issues and I like Biden now even if he is gaffe prone. The only reason I defend him here rather then Stan for Beto who I like as a candidate more is because the about face and firing squad on him as after 8 years of being the VP and not a loud peep is flabbergasting. It's piece of shit Biden this and piece of shit Biden that. I know my feelings on this pair and individuals as potus and vp then. I am not going to start getting angry because he is ahead in the polls

And now it's not just that he is gaffe prone but Joe is a nice guy by some on the left. Now he is a piece of shit, now he Is as bad as trump, now he is worse than trump. The pendulum didn't shift, it broke the side and slammed on the wall

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This is what it has become . Really sad at the about face on him by the few on the left. I am principled enough to not do an about face because he is not as left as I want him to be .
Theres a difference between not being ultra left and being an outright racist piece of shit who sexually assaults women, among his other glaring faults.

Is that your take away. I liked the Obama Biden team then and I like Biden now even if he is gaffe prone. The only reason I defend him here rather then Stan for Beto who I like as a candidate more is because the about face and firing squad on him as after 8 years of being the VP and not a loud peep is flabbergasting
Literally changes nothing about the arguments being levied against him.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is that your take away. I liked the Obama Biden team then and I like Biden now even if he is gaffe prone. The only reason I defend him here rather then Stan for Beto who I like as a candidate more is because the about face and firing squad on him as after 8 years of being the VP and not a loud peep is flabbergasting
That's what you're basically saying: you're mad that people changed their mind. It's fucked up that your response to people being rightfully pissed off about this is "I'm mad that you guys changed your mind." Should black people stick up for Biden when he praises a white supremacist for helping out with a segregationist bill? You want black people to stand by him when he says that his crime bill didn't contribute to mass incarceration?

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
That's what you're basically saying: you're mad that people changed their mind. It's fucked up that your response to people being rightfully pissed off about this is "I'm mad that you guys changed your mind." Should black people stick up for Biden when he praises a white supremacist for helping out with a segregationist bill? You want black people to stand by him when he says that his crime bill didn't contribute to mass incarceration?

It's not just changing the mind, it's first cheering him on as if he was an old friend then slamming the kitchen sink on him once his time in power of over and spitting on him and saying I never liked you. That's what's happening and yes it is flabbergasting . Again this is not everyone but by a few. Most are showing a level head and will decide without all this hate. And the thing that is most disturbing is this hate which matches the hatred for trump. I mean I get it if Biden was never cheered by you but that's the thing, he was . For 8 years. Those debates with Palin and Paul Ryan Look at reactions by the left. There was ZERO hate for him online. Cheering. And now it's worse than the hatred for Palin

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
John Lewis, James Clyburn, et. al. They never did much of anything for black people,
What the fuck did you just say? Disagree with him all you want, i sure do, but you put some fucking respect on that man's name 'cause he was sure as fuck doing more for us before he was in congress than your ass has done in your entire life.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Is that your take away. I liked the Obama Biden team then despite issues and I like Biden now even if he is gaffe prone. The only reason I defend him here rather then Stan for Beto who I like as a candidate more is because the about face and firing squad on him as after 8 years of being the VP and not a loud peep is flabbergasting. It's piece of shit Biden this and piece of shit Biden that. I know my feelings on this pair and individuals as potus and vp then. I am not going to start getting angry because he is ahead in the polls

And now it's not just that he is gaffe prone but Joe is a nice guy by some on the left. Now he is a piece of shit, now he Is as bad as trump, now he is worse than trump. The pendulum didn't shift, it broke the side and slammed on the wall

If this was dredging up old shit to point out his flaws, I'd get it, but this is because of things he's saying right now, how he's behaving right now, how he's reacting to criticism right now. He is showing himself as unfit to a lot of people, myself included.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not just changing the mind, it's first cheering him on as if he was an old friend then slamming the kitchen sink on him once his time in power of over and spitting on him and saying I never liked you. That's what's happening and yes it is flabbergasting . Again this is not everyone but by a few. Most are showing a level head and will decide without all this hate
People are reacting to information they weren't aware of before. Their whole outlook on politics have changed. I don't see how that is flabbergasting.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's not just changing the mind, it's first cheering him on as if he was an old friend then slamming the kitchen sink on him once his time in power of over and spitting on him and saying I never liked you. That's what's happening and yes it is flabbergasting . Again this is not everyone but by a few. Most are showing a level head and will decide without all this hate. And the thing that is most disturbing is this hate which matches the hatred for trump. I mean I get it if Biden was never cheered by you but that's the thing, he was . For 8 years. Those debates with Palin and Paul Ryan Look at reactions by the left. There was ZERO hate for him online. Cheering. And now it's worse than the hatred for Palin
Times have changed. Stuff that happened before is being exposed in ways it wasn't before. I'm not sure why you are confused.

If you worked with someone who serially sniffed, touched and kissed women on the job, would you still be outraged if someone characterized him as a piece of shit? Because that's what a serial harasser is. That's what Biden is.

And that's letting alone his history of racist acts and commentary.

If you put it all together, it's not unreasonable to characterize Biden harshly. I'm not sure what the hand wringing here is even about.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
What the fuck did you just say? Disagree with him all you want, i sure do, but you put some fucking respect on that man's name 'cause he was sure as fuck doing more for us before he was in congress than your ass has done in your entire life.

Whatever. What did the black community gain from anything John Lewis has done? Black wealth was higher before the Civil Rights Era. Black families were flourishing before the Civil Rights Era. Where are we now? John Lewis, James Clyburn, Maxine Waters and all of these other career bootlickers of the Democratic party haven't done ANYTHING specific for black people. They never take specific stands on behalf of our community. They buy into that "POC" myth and other liberal platitudes that're conveniently free of rhetoric that specifically addresses the plight of black people in America. How are the black people these bootlickers represent faring? How is the black district Waters represents holding up? Not very well, the walls of gentrification closing in on its black population, their numbers declining while those of whites and Hispanics rise. John Lewis always wants to get on a podium and scream "I shed blood in Selma!!" Well, what did that blood get him, besides a cushy job in Congress and a role as the pacifier of black anger when his services are requested by the party leaders? Now he's out here, as usual, providing cover for a white racist and policing the tone of the black people he's supposedly a representative of.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019

This isn't about how "left" he is. He's a racist. If you have a problem with people criticizing his racism, that means you are probably one, too.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not saying that I wouldn't, but I really don't want to think about voting for him. C'mon Warren, c'mon Bernie. Anybody! (Well, not the cop, but anybody else oh god please.)

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever. What did the black community gain from anything John Lewis has done? Black wealth was higher before the Civil Rights Era. Black families were flourishing before the Civil Rights Era. Where are we now? John Lewis, James Clyburn, Maxine Waters and all of these other career bootlickers of the Democratic party haven't done ANYTHING specific for black people. They never take specific stands on behalf of our community. They buy into that "POC" myth and other liberal platitudes that're conveniently free of rhetoric that specifically addresses the plight of black people in America. How are the black people these bootlickers represent faring? How is the black district Waters represents holding up? Not very well, the walls of gentrification closing in on its black population, their numbers declining while those of whites and Hispanics rise. John Lewis always wants to get on a podium and scream "I shed blood in Selma!!" Well, what did that blood get him, besides a cushy job in Congress and a role as the pacifier of black anger when his services are requested by the party leaders? Now he's out here, as usual, providing cover for a white racist and policing the tone of the black people he's supposedly a representative of.

You done? Stop yelling at the mic and get off. As much as I disagree with Lewis on this issue, it's ridiculous to claim that he's done nothing for civil rights.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

Biden is incapable of not wistfully thinking about the time spent with racist people segregationists.

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At no point in time have I or anyone I've known looked at VP Biden and wished he would be president one day. The country would be much better off with Elizabeth Warren as President rather than Sloppy Joe.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2019 is not 2009, people have lost their patience for bullshit. This backlash isn't happening in a vacuum. It's just another step of a reckoning on the center-left a long time in the making. #metoo was another significant step of this reckoning. Even in this community; the forum exodus was a tiny part of it.

Beyond the racism, this is why Biden is ill-equipped to be president after Trump even if we have a D in the office. His mind and manners are in the 80s while we're out here in 2020. You do not waffle on issues of race anymore unless you want to be pilloried for it, which many Republicans proudly and loudly do. It's where they get their support from, being openly racist, and openly embracing racists. But a Democrat? No, the time for Dixiecrats is over. 2016 was its death knell.

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
The democratic party trying to hush up Cory Booker (The sole black male in the race right now?) absolutely disgust me. I'm so sick of their shit.

This party is showing no interest in fighting racism, they just want to coddle economically anxious whites.