• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Sure my granpa does that all the time now ever since he turned 80. But I wouldnt want him to run for president either.
This would happen to my mom in her 30s. People of all ages have brain farts.

Fuck this shit. I've called my kids the wrong name ever since I had my second kid at 36.
We have 3 kids. I cycle through their names, including the dog's, until I hit the right one.
Exactly! It'd be hard to find anyone with multiple siblings that haven't had this happen to them.

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine this deserving a thread.

Some people are just desperate to make everything into an issue.

ERA threads referencing Biden and his "mental capacity diminishing" are starting to echo that of a Fox News comment section on President Obama being the antichrist and Muslim in their ridiculousness.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People don't seem to care about the legitimate stuff anymore because he is mysteriously the most "electable" candidate for reasons that are unknown to me, so you have to point out his numerous gaffes (of which there are a fuck ton).
Believe me, his record is dog shit but people still seem to like him
The majority of Dem primary voters in the US are barely paying attention to the race right now, and that's the group most positive towards Biden. You dont see a ton of seismic changes in polling till after November elections.

Signalboosting right wing shit is actively unhelpful as that shit is designed solely to tear down any future nominee, whoever they may be.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if Biden can be easily taken down by clips of his own speeches, maybe he's not the most electible after all

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I learned in HR presentations to not discriminate based off age
For a site that really wants to Trunp to lose, yall like tearing down his opponents

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What? Doesn't seem like he forgot his name at all...just seemed like a pause.

The fuck is this?

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Biden and Trump are sort of similar in that they both lack the intellectual capacity and oratory skills of more naturally eloquent politicians. The difference imho is that Trump hides it by talking at a 8 yr old level and in vague generalities, but Biden simply tries anyway and fails continuously.

Last edited:

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
did he forget Obama's name or did he catch himself reflexively calling him "President Obama" and decide to go with "my boss" instead

not that it's particularly unusual to refer to someone by their former position, but I could easily see that being the case anyway

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The people who want to tell us this isnt a big deal are the same people letting us know how old Bernie is, which is also entirely unsurprising here.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We're deciding who we're pinning our fucking hopes for the future of our fucking country on. What the fuck is a primary supposed to be?
A primary is about shutting the fuck up and going with who the news thinks is the best to beat Trump and that's a forgetful, former segregationist, Obama is a "clean" African American candidate, creepy toucher Joe Biden. You shouldn't question him on anything because that makes Trump win

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehh doesn't seem that bad in the video. Weird phrasing but he didn't seem to freeze up or anything.

Yeah, not so bad forgetting the first Black Presidents name, who you worked with for 8 years and constantly remind people of your connection to in your pursuit to win the presidency. Totally cool.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For those arguing that this was because he was told to say Obama less and so he was scrambling for a replacement, surely the whole point of not bringing up Obama is to not bring him up at all and not just stopping saying his name?

I'm not saying this is dementia or anything, probably is just him fucking up on the spot but that defensive doesn't sound very logical.

Also while on its own it isnt a big deal, the constant attention it is getting is a real issue. How is he gonna fare when he is forced to do more events or longer responses when the Dem candidate field narrows?

We have already seen him have to finish his responses in debates as soon as he can to avoid scrutiny or fear of putting his foot in his mouth.

Even if he wasn't a horrible candidate, which he is, constantly fucking up the most basic things when he already has this cloud of doubt around him isn't good surely?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
did he forget Obama's name or did he catch himself reflexively calling him "President Obama" and decide to go with "my boss" instead

not that it's particularly unusual to refer to someone by their former position, but I could easily see that being the case anyway

Occam's razor, people

He's been having two months of insane gaffes including "poor kids are just as smart as white kids" yet somehow this is unbelievable?

What does he have to say to make you say "oh ok, his brain is definitely refried beans.", I'm genuinely curious.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Can we criticize Biden for things he actually should be criticized for??? Wasting time on this shit solves nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is peak "bitch eating crackers" jesus christ.

I hope Biden crashes and burns, but this obsession with even Biden's awkward phrasing is honestly doing more harm to the perception of this forum than making Biden look bad.

Oct 27, 2017
All the Dem Obama groupies who hate speaking ill of the man and when others do it should realize Biden ain't it now.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine this deserving a thread.

Some people are just desperate to make everything into an issue.

ERA threads referencing Biden and his "mental capacity diminishing" are starting to echo that of a Fox News comment section on President Obama being the antichrist and Muslim in their ridiculousness.

It's a bit much for sure. Lot of folks here lack self-awareness and don't realize how petty they're being. It's a bad look overall imo.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact he ran when Obama repeatedly told him not to, his own campaign workers getting increasingly frustrated with him going against their orders and suggestions.
Look I really do feel you, maybe it isn't dementia, I'm not a doctor and I'm only working off my own personal experiences, but with this election being so important, why even take the chance in 2020? Even if it's just his notoriously poor public speaking ability, that's definitely not good form for someone who is expected to be President of the United States.
I'm not even going to stump for Bernie here like what would be expected of me. You have much more mentally sharp moderate candidates like Harris just by virtue of age. Just pick anyone who isn't an alzheimers patient waiting to happen.
I'll add that Bernie isn't fucking up basic stuff like this at all, and he's mentally still as sharp as a tack.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who here among us hasn't had a parent tell a completely fictional story presented as fact? it's just part of growing up.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
who here among us hasn't had a parent tell a completely fictional story presented as fact? it's just part of growing up.
Uhh...?

I'm sure a lot of us probably have. I was never sure if the stories my grandparents told were legit or not, even long before they were old. Often they'd be contradicted by my mom or just straight up probably didn't happen. The stories my grandma told of how my parents met weren't even close to accurate.

Oct 31, 2017
It's shit like this that lead to Trump winning the election in 2016. Instead of people focusing on the things that matter like policies and political history of who was running we had shit pieces like this. I don't have any issue with people criticizing Biden or any of the Dems running but please criticize them for the right things not these stupid "gaffes". We can't afford to tear each other down for stupid reasons because it gives ammo to the GOP to use later in the general election. This bullshit helps no one else but Trump. While Dems are tearing each other apart he has extremely high support from his base and the GOP who will follow him off a cliff if need be. People need to understand what is at stake here. The stakes are too high for this level of bullshit politics.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I think Biden v. Trump in 2016 would've been close but ended with Biden winning. I think Biden v. Trump in 2020 gives us more Trump.

He just doesn't seem to be anywhere near as sharp as he used to be. Obvious right wingers and liberal fans of other candidates will search for slip ups and things of that nature, but there just seem to be a ton of them.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
lol this is absolutely nothing. Dem base loves to blow their own shit up by bickering about the smallest things like this. Republicans won't even need to do anything. We'll slaughter ourselves by the time of the 2020 election I'm sure.

Biden said "my boss" instead of Obama and we have a huge problem. Trump is a walking case of the most insanely severe racism, sexism, pathological lying, narcissism and dementia possible all rolled up into one turd of a human.... and it's Biden we have the problem with.

Lets get this guys! 2020!