• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Man, this thread is proof that Republicans have won when it comes to changing the political landscape. All the way back to Newt Gingrich, the game of attacking people and making shit up has (no pun intended) trumped the reasonable approach of going after someone's policies and political history.

Some of y'all are so eager to get Biden out of the picture that you're willing to mimic the behavior of the person you hate (Donald Trump). How about we don't dignify this stupidity (Trump era politics) and instead focus on things we can actually prove & debate about?

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Lol

Got nothing but contempt for unironic Biden supporters. Shit as a man, worse as a politician.
I'm was more thinking about this part:

Biden had felt poorly physically during parts of the campaign, suffering repeated headaches and at one point in September 1987 having to halt a speech in New Hampshire for 15 minutes after feeling faint.[33] In February 1988, he suffered the first of two brain aneurysms that required life-saving surgery and seven months away from the Senate in order to convalesce.[42][43][44] Biden and others would speculate that had his campaign not ended early, the aneurysms might have been more severe or detected later and that he might not have lived out the year.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Man, this thread is proof that Republicans have won when it comes to changing the political landscape. All the way back to Newt Gingrich, the game of attacking people and making shit up has (no pun intended) trumped the reasonable approach of going after someone's policies and political history.

Some of y'all are so eager to get Biden out of the picture that you're willing to mimic the behavior of the person you hate (Donald Trump). How about we don't dignify this stupidity (Trump era politics) and instead focus on things we can actually prove & debate about?
The bigger problem is that no one is voting for Biden because they like his policies and political history, so attacking him on that front wouldn't do anything.

People are voting for him because they think he's the most likely to beat trump, which is rediculous when you see how easy it'd be for the right to paint him as mentally unfit.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I don't care if he's brain dead and drooling all over himself. Anyone, or anything, would be better than what we have now.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is me when I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep and will tell anyone who will listen that my brain is shutting down and that the smarshmallow socks are crumbling fresh out of the oven.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if he's brain dead and drooling all over himself. Anyone, or anything, would be better than what we have now.

do you think a brain dead candidate who drools all over themselves would be able to remove what we have now? because all of the posts like this seem to grossly underestimate Trump even after he won in 2016 which I find alarming

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Having a preferred candidate is one thing. Hoping the worst for a candidate of the same party is disgusting and for some reason it's simply explained away as "it's the primary!!"
The worst in this case being not being the presidential candidate for the democratic party. Because no one is "wishing" for dementia here, merely observing.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
We're deciding who we're pinning our fucking hopes for the future of our fucking country on. What the fuck is a primary supposed to be?

It's supposed to be people debating policies, political history, and potential for leadership of the Government. Not arm chair analysis of someone's health and spreading rumors based on...*checks notes*...not being a great public speaker?

I hope all the candidates have a fun campaign! :)))

No reason to take this "politics" stuff so seriously! Uncle Joe's a cool guy!

Maybe don't conflate people standing against Trump-era politics as people supporting Joe Biden as a candidate.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018

people setting on what's "just slightly better" is the whole problem.

the real tragedy of this whole mess is that after presidents like clinton, bush, trump the bar has been lowered so far we'll just vote in whoever's the most "electable" which in most cases this days is whoever is the most conservative or willing to be as "bipartisan" as possible. which just keeps us moving rightward as country.

honestly, this ordeal not ending in a massive leftward shift in politics will be a bittersweet ending because the cycle will just repeat again.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anti Biden campaign has got to be one of the more annoying groups I've experienced over this election.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We can do both and his policies and problematic behavior have been discussed to death here. Now the dude is literally unable to name the location hes in or people hes worked with for years on a daily basis. Were able to discuss both and frankly acting like someone running for president shouldnt be questioned like this when these mental gaffes are happening on a daily basis and his own staff are trying to limit his exposure to the public so we cant see this, should be concerning for everyone.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's supposed to be people debating policies, political history, and potential for leadership of the Government
lol

I can't possibly imagine how this is relevant to the topic at hand

it's not a coincidence that even Biden supporters are so interested in his potential vp if you know what I'm saying

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not, this is a pretty common brain fart for people over 50. By itself it's not a big deal. But with the other gaffs, well, he's definitely showing his age more than others. Bernie and Warren don't have this issue when they speak for example. But still...it's kind of a nonstory.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Fox News is going in on "Biden's TERRIBLE GAFFES" and "is he losing it?" hysteria.

Think about that for a second. Era and Fox News agree on something.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It kind of blows my mind. Especially when Era's #1 pick will be 78 in a week. Its just a matter of when not if when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Probably because one looks to be in full control of their mental faculties and the other does not. The latter also has his campaign staff trying to limit his exposure to the public so people aren't seeing how bad it is. Its almost as if it has nothing to do with age per say and everything to do with being mentally capable and coherent on a daily basis.

Fox News is going in on "Biden's TERRIBLE GAFFES" and "is he losing it?" hysteria.

Think about that for a second. Era and Fox News agree on something.
This really weird stance here that opponents can't also share the same opinion every now and then is bizarre.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is a mess. He was sharp during the 2008 and 2012 VP debates, where he deftly handled Sarah Palin without being overbearing, and then in 2012 where he made Paul Ryan look like a fool. The Biden of today seemed lost in the debates so far, and he's shown clear and obvious signs that age has taken its toll on him. These aren't just gaffes.

I don't like Joe Biden's terrible neoliberal policies but, stepping back and just looking at his speech and behavior now versus 7 or 8 years ago, man, I don't believe the man can stand up to a rigorous primary and then a general election campaign against Donald Trump.

The ageism on this forum is getting ridiculous.

"Getting ridiculous"? LOL. There have been countless ageist attacks on Sanders here. I've reported quite a few of them. Never been actioned on. And Bernie still seems sharp and focused, not sundowning like Joe. To make this claim now, eh, ok.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is Trump-level propaganda in the OP.

This has happened before and it's happening again. Really disappointed in this place.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Probably because one looks to be in full control of their mental faculties and the other does not. The latter also has his campaign staff trying to limit his exposure to the public so people aren't seeing how bad it is. Its almost as if it has nothing to do with age per say and everything to do with being mentally capable and coherent on a daily basis.

Absolutely. His aides are trying to tell people but people won't listen

Biden has a tendency to make the blunders late in the day, his allies say, particularly after a long swing on the road, like he had last week in Iowa. They say something needs to be done to give the candidate more down time as the campaign intensifies in the fall.

LATE IN THE DAY

Add this to them leaking the Obama comments like 6 months after the fact.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
Any analysis of a person's health that originates from looking at a couple of 10 second clips out of hours of speeches, is shit tier analysis. Doesn't anyone remember when people on the right were doing this with hillary Clinton?

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
the whole thing about people playing off biden's mistakes here is interesting.

i wonder if lot of folks trying to blow these off don't have this same energy for the numerous topics about something stupid Trump has said or analyzing how much of a fall off in mental cognition he had from years ago.

but when biden does it its just "oh thats just him". tbh, i would prefer younger candidates but if they're old and progressive and still sharp then it works for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
If all we can do with this thread is provide armchair diagnoses and inflammatory comparisons, then we can close it. Let's try to stay on topic of gaffes in a presidential primary race. Thank you.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The world didn't start with Donald Trump. You're ignoring reality. You should make an affirmative case for the man or continue ignoring it in silence.

I'm not ignoring reality. I very clearly stated (earlier in the thread) that this goes all the way back to Newt Gingrich, who forever changed the political landscape in the 90s.

However, Trump normalized it on all fronts, and now here we are.

There is PLENTY to dislike Biden for, and I'm on board with all of those causes. His policies, his love for the status quo, his abysmal political history (and refusal to accept responsibility / apologize for his positions) are all valid reasons to oppose him as the democratic candidate for President. But trying to paint him as someone who has a terminal illness while demonizing people who are saying "let's not do this" is not a good look. If your strongest position against Joe Biden is "lol look at this guy and his dementia"...then I don't think I'm the one ignoring reality.

Fake edit: Just saw the mod comment. Gonna dip out of this thread before it gets messier. Have a good day.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
serious question, does anyone know if a history of multiple brain aneurysms can increase the likelihood of gaffes overtime?

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A gaffe here and there ain't a problem; it's normal. Biden, however, has them a few times every week. The frequency is disconcerting

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
This whole thing is super gross and reminds me of the whole 'Hillary has Parkinsons' thing last time around. Joe is fine. He might have even had a temporary brain fart, happens even to young people, especially if you are tired. Campaigning is exhausting.

You play right into the alt-right's playbook by giving life to this kind of bullshit.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a question of any single gaffe, Joe Biden has a history of these and it's gotten to the point where even his advisors want to keep him out of the public eye. For someone who is supposed to be the top Democratic candidate it seems not only fair, but vital to scrutinize his words and actions.