• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KeinPlanB

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2019
5d2462bba99c5aefb8aeeffe152d0d4d.gif

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck does that statement even mean? That's like some thinly veiled LBJ type racism.
I mean not really. The media has made it common place to assume that all poor people are minorities, even though there are plenty of poor white people in the US. White people think black people(I'm black btw) aren't as smart as them because we are generally poorer due to institutionalized racism(they won't admit that). But it's not true. We are just as smart as they are we just don't have the same opportunities or great schools in our communities.

So while Joe is being a bit of an idiot, depending on who his audience is that statement goes over better than actually exposing the truth

Oct 25, 2017
I mean not really. The media has made it common place to assume that all poor people are minorities, even though there are plenty of poor white people in the US. White people think black people(I'm black btw) aren't as smart as them because we are generally poorer due to institutionalized racism(they won't admit that). But it's not true. We are just as smart as they are we just don't have the same opportunities or great schools in our communities.

So while Joe is being a bit of an idiot, depending on who his audience is that statement goes over better than actually exposing the truth
You can explain it how you like, but it really just comes off as racist to me. The media downplaying the existence of poor white kids hasn't done anybody any good.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I'm just going to go ahead and say it but there should be an upper age limit on Presidencies. I'm not a fan of the course of the nation for a few decades to come being plotted by people who won't be around to see the ramifications of their actions. There's no incentive for them to do right, and the whole "to leave the world better for future generations" clearly took several back seats to capitalism AGES ago.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
He's shaping up to be a considerably worse candidate than Hillary Clinton. On the bussing issue and this gaffe alone, he seems to have a mental line of thinking that isn't very progressive when it comes to race and very borderline...just not in line with the party at all. I'm out on Biden for the primaries. Can't do it. We have much better candidates than this, even with most of the field at the moment is still trying to find their footing and get to that "IT" factor to pull ahead and get to the general election.

We'd be much better off if we stop viewing Biden as an inevitable candidate and start taking a hard look at the others, as it's clear he would get destroyed if he got to the general.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
We're going to have two 70+ white men with legitimate, clinical dementia as the two major presidential candidates in the 2020 election, aren't we

Only with Trump, you can't tell the difference if he's losing his faculties.

It'd basically be a fading old man with a problematic history regarding race and women against the same bloated racist/rapist that 25% of the country voted for.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Fortunately we don't have to accept him as the candidate. If he wasn't already about bottom of my rankings, this would put him there.

A slip like this doesn't happen if you don't compartmentalize white kids outside of poor kids.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Lol yeah on one hand you want to say he's old and slipping but then you remember that him saying shit like this is literally his entire political career outside of that time he was gifted the vice presidency and it's like "oh yeah this is just Joe."

Ugh the more i hear and see from biden, the less I want him to be the dem nominee.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
He's always said dumb stuff, but before this election I don't remember him ever gaffing because he's outright saying the wrong words.

Last edited:

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
black equals poor
white equals rich and intelligent

that is the world biden lives in. A rich white bubble.

also, it's a more complex issue and platitudes don't do anything to solve systemic injustice. Poverty affects more than just your opportunity.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He meant to say wealthy instead of white, he corrects himself right after he says it. With all the shit that Trump says on a daily basis, i'm not going to castigate Biden on a verbal slip up.

It's still a platitude that lacks nuance. The goal is to fix systemic injustice. Platitudes sound nice but they are pointless and may not even be true.

For example, let's say that you experienced hunger as a child. That affects your long term development. Saying well it's all equal if opportunities are equal sorry you're underperforming! Is not particularly useful.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Between the ESPN/ABC not showing Apex and this I don't think I'll stop laughing until September

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why Biden considered Obama "the first fresh clean articulate brite Black guy in the mainstream". He couldn't imagine Black folks could exist outside of poor ghetto stereotypes.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
We just need the wheels to stay on for another 2 years.

Also, what if Biden won the nomination and made Obama his running mate?

Could you imagine the shitstorm?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
he is straight up slipping like someone who is older and just doesn't filter their speech and is confused

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this has happened for a long time, and will continue to happen. biden is the master of bad gaffes.

Here's the problem for ya: BIden is Master, but Trump is Grand Master. Trump read "Toledo" on a teleprompter that didn't even say Toledo. Trump made President Biden possible. America decided it was normal for a President to be reckless and unprepared and this is the consequence.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
biden's only hope is that his cognitive decline makes him forget he's a racist.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I feel this 2007 biden quote is relevant here.

Explaining why schools in Iowa are performing better than those in Washington, D.C., Biden told the Post, "There's less than one percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than four of five percent that are minorities. What is in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."

"When you have children coming from dysfunctional homes, when you have children coming from homes where there's no books, where the mother from the time they're born doesn't talk to them - as opposed to the mother in Iowa who's sitting out there and talks to them, the kid starts out with a 300 word larger vocabulary at age three. Half this education gap exists before the kid steps foot in the classroom," the Delaware Democrat added.

The paper reports Biden's campaign quickly sought to clarify the remarks, saying in a statement that the senator was not making a "race-based distinction" but rather a "socio-economic" one.