• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Apparently going to college for 1000 /yea
Homes for 14k
Most jobs had pensions
Was born in a rich family
Was born white.

http://beta.latimes.com/politics/95641832-132.html
Fuck the democratic party, thank god this old fart didn't run and is out of politics

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ials-in-his-quest-to-become-even-less-likable

Oh must have been reeeeal tough watching blacks and women get rights, oh you skipped the draft for student deferrals? And your daddy was an oil business men. Tough.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are telling me Joe Biden is out of touch?

baroooooooooooooooooooo?

His generation wrecked the future for young people.

From Greatest Generation to Greediest Generation.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I guess I'm voting for the Republicans now.

Though seriously I really do not like how both political parties villianize the young. It just makes them less likely to vote. Even if you think they are being unfair.... Like it's your job to try and convince them you have their interest at heart.

Keyboard

He's saying violence was worse when he was growing up.

When kids these days complain about violence, it's not as bad as it was before.

It can be tone deaf when taken out of this context.
With the way the OP is framed, are we to discuss him as a politician, his specific comments in the video, or is this just to be a two minutes of hate thread?
It's clickbait.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the joe biden support you'll see on liberal leaning sites such as era was always more meme based personality shit rather than his actual political views

biden kind of sucks

Oct 25, 2017
With the way the OP is framed, are we to discuss him as a politician, his specific comments in the video, or is this just to be a two minutes of hate thread?

Oct 25, 2017
Don't blame the Democratic Party.

This is one single out of touch white guy.

Vote in the primaries for one of the many likely running women, and minority candidates.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
the joe biden support you'll see on liberal leaning sites such as era was always more meme based personality shit rather than his actual political views

biden kind of sucks

That and he would have been a hundred times better than what we got in 2016. What a luxurious problem it would be to have him as President right now.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
funny-barack-obama-joe-biden-tweets-fb2.png

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, opinions have changed on him quick huh? I remember most people thought he was great, Diamond Joe you guys used to call him, said he'd have won the 2016 election if he ran.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Education costs a fortune.
Housing costs a fortune.
Health insurance costs a fortune.

But at least we have our avocado toast.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
go vote gop then OP

So my message is, get involved. There's no place to hide. You can go and you can make all the money in the world, but you can't build a wall high enough to keep the pollution out. You can't live where—you can't not be diminished when your sister can't marry the man or woman, or the woman she loves. You can't—when you have a good friend being profiled, you can't escape this stuff.

seems reasonable

Wow, opinions have changed on him quick huh? I remember most people thought he was great, Diamond Joe you guys used to call him, said he'd have won the 2016 election if he ran.

if only he said millenials only read headlines and are quick to outrage

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really have a problem with what he said. Boomers won't give us anything so we have to go get it.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's saying violence was worse when he was growing up.

When kids these days complain about violence, it's not as bad as it was before.

It can be tone deaf when taken out of this context.

It's clickbait.
He is 100% right too. Violent crime was much worse during the 60s, 70s, and early 80s than it is today.

Why?

Because the Baby Boomers all have varying degrees of lead poisoning thanks to leaded paint and leaded gasoline. Removal of lead directly lead to a large drop in violent crime.

It's why Boomers all have some level of a narcissisticpersonality disorder.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone watch the video? He's encouraging people to get involved in public service. He's trying to be tough guy football coach.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
This is really classic Joe Biden. Open mouth insert foot. I'm sure he means well somewhere in there because he usually does, but yeesh.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Probably wasn't going to vote for him in the primary anyway, but definitely not now.

Edit: Replied too quick.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Did you really throw the entire party under the bus because of what he said? Jeez, just go ahead and say fuck everyone while you're at it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Damn lots of weather vanes these days. Dude definitely needs some education from young people but come on.

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama and Biden love to wag their fingers at young people for not voting, failing to realize its their very conservatism that turns so many of us off. They and the Democratic party aren't entitled to our votes.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
He is 100% right too. Violent crime was much worse during the 60s, 70s, and early 80s than it is today.

Why?

Because the Baby Boomers all have varying degrees of lead poisoning thanks to leaded paint and leaded gasoline. Removal of lead directly lead to a large drop in violent crime.

It's why Boomers all have some level of a narcissisticpersonality disorder.

GOP is on the case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ct-children-from-lead/?utm_term=.d7b5f056a977

It's Vice being total shit again too with that headline and OP falling for it.

Maybe Vice should be a banned site too?

this thread is proof a little scuttlebutt from russia on facebook is all we need for young people to disavow the left

gg 2020

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People should watch the video before posting. It's 2 minutes to not look like an idiot.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's Vice being total shit again too with that headline and OP falling for it.

Maybe Vice should be a banned site too?

Their street level coverage is pretty good but damn if they don't ruin that goodwill with their bigger stories every chance they get.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama and Biden love to wag their fingers at young people for not voting, failing to realize its their very conservatism that turns so many of us off. They and the Democratic party aren't entitled to our votes.
This is dumb. Really dumb. I'm a younger Millennial too and I always berate my peers who refuse to vote because candidates don't pass some ridiculous purity test. I had hoped that Trump winning would be a wake-up call that yes, the Democratic Party is entitled to our votes. Not voting or protest voting is dangerous and fucking stupid.

My fellow Millennials who think this way really need to fucking get over themselves.

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
I understand what he's saying about encouraging millennials to get involved in causes they are concerned about, and that I can always agree with.

What I don't agree with is telling millennials to "give him a break" because "they had it tougher back in the day". He's completely missing the point - it's all relative. Of course things aren't as bad now a day, but millennials can't relate to that because they weren't alive in the 60s. History is super important, but we can only use our lifespan as a true reference point. From that perspective, while we have taken steps forward, we definitely have taken steps backward as well.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
He's saying people crying about everything wrong in the world need to get of Twitter and ERA and start making a change,

As an ERA poster, I agree with him.

Spreading ideas and dialogue doesn't mean shit without action.

Prayer and Faith without Works is Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.