• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lol the vitriol here is kind of insane

like I get not liking him and I even get (even though it's silly) popping into a thread to let everyone know, but this is a bit much. I won't listen to this because I couldn't care less about her but yeahhhhh.

Why shouldn't there be this level of vitriol towards someone like him? He should be shouted down every opportunity, not ignored.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Imagine thinking that Joe Rogan is intellectual or has anything interesting to say or that an opportunistic homophobic pro-authoritarian idiot like Gabbard is actually a viable candidate.

It must be what getting hit in the head with a hammer feels like.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
First time I'm hearing this (or much at all about Tulsi really), but

Gabbard was 17 at the time of the vote and cited working with her father and the organization during her run for the state legislature in Hawaii four years later when she was age 21. [...] Gabbard's father Mike was a prominent anti-gay activist in Hawaii. He was also the director of Stop Promoting Homosexuality and also served on the steering committees of the National Campaign to Protect Marriage and the Hawaii-based coalition, Save Traditional Marriage. He also once hosted an anti-gay radio show, Let's Talk Straight Hawaii.
Sounds like she was indoctrinated into bigotry by her father much like I was.

"I want to apologize for statements that I have made in the past that have been very divisive and even disrespectful to those within the LGBT community," Gabbard said. "I know that those comments have been hurtful and I sincerely offer my apology to you and hope that you will accept it."
Since joining Congress in 2013, Gabbard has supported efforts to promote LGBT equality, including co-sponsoring pro-LGBT legislation like The Equality Act, a bill to amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act to protect LGBT individuals.
So personally I'd look at her more recent record and current record on things like trans rights to see if she's truly different now.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I feel sad for any pleb who watches Joe Rogan without taking their Alpha BRAIN™

rogan.jpg
I've been laughing at this image for 5 minutes. RPM levels lmao

Oct 25, 2017
First time I'm hearing this (or much at all about Tulsi really), but

Sounds like she was indoctrinated into bigotry by her father much like I was.

So personally I'd look at her more recent record and current record on things like trans rights to see if she's truly different now.

AS LATE AS 2016:
https://mauitime.com/news/politics/...pport-rep-tulsi-gabbards-reelection-campaign/

"Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory–the military," states the article. "It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government 'imposing its will' on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)"

So after all this time, Gabbard still personally opposes same-sex marriage, but won't say or do anything politically about it? This puts her campaign statement on same-sex marriage that we cited above in an entirely different light.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
AS LATE AS 2016:
https://mauitime.com/news/politics/...pport-rep-tulsi-gabbards-reelection-campaign/

"Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory–the military," states the article. "It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government 'imposing its will' on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)"

So after all this time, Gabbard still personally opposes same-sex marriage, but won't say or do anything politically about it? This puts her campaign statement on same-sex marriage that we cited above in an entirely different light.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.