• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Wonder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently listening right now, it's pretty interesting. Hearing such an open and thorough dialog with a presidential candidate is refreshing.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh we still posting JRE videos huh? Not gonna tell you you shouldn't, but no way in hell I am ever listening to that fuckwit again.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan and interesting are two things that do not go hand in hand, dude literally hangs out with all the big alt right social media fuckwits ffs

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, get the fuck out of here with this asshat.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Gonna be a hard pass for me thanks

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yea he had her on back in september aswell, posting incase anyone is interested, i haven't watched either

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"The Joe Rogan Experience" is what I call it when I take a really foul dump in the bathroom and leave, forget about it, and after two minutes go back in for something else and get hit with that powerful soul-draining stentch

OP
OP
Ray Wonder

Ray Wonder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up on what she has and hasn't said, so this podcast is very interesting. 2-1/2 hours of her will probably show me what i need to know. If you don't want to listen, don't?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't kept up on what she has and hasn't said, so this podcast is very interesting. 2-1/2 hours of her will probably show me what i need to know. If you don't want to listen, don't?

How about not promoting racist, transophobic, homophobic, anti science buffons?

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this homphobic piece of shit:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/politics/kfile-tulsi-gabbard-lgbt/index.html

EDIT:
AS LATE AS 2016:
https://mauitime.com/news/politics/...pport-rep-tulsi-gabbards-reelection-campaign/

"Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory–the military," states the article. "It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government 'imposing its will' on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)"

So after all this time, Gabbard still personally opposes same-sex marriage, but won't say or do anything politically about it? This puts her campaign statement on same-sex marriage that we cited above in an entirely different light.

Last edited:

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She's anti-war intervention isn't she? A respectful position. But I've heard very little else about her.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

2 1/2 minutes of her told me everything I needed to know. She's a Republican who ran as a Democrat in Hawaii since that's the only way to get nominated there, and has no place as a Democratic presidential candidate. Even Joe Biden is miles and miles ahead of her.

Oh, and fuck Joe Rogan.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I would vote for Joe Biden in the general election if I had to

I would vote third party if Tulsi Gabbard was the nominee

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
She's anti-war intervention isn't she? A respectful position. But I've heard very little else about her.

She has defended and denied some of the worst war crimes in modern history, she is a homophobe & she has been endorsed by the former grand wizard of the KKK David Duke. She is fucking trash.

And Rogan is an alt-right piece of shit.

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party

Yet the starry-eyed anointment of Gabbard has obscured the more unsavory aspects of her politics — so unsavory, in fact, that White House adviser Steve Bannon has reportedly spoken well of her. From her vigorous opposition to the Iran nuclear deal to her obsession with "radical Islam" to her love for the far-right Indian leader Narendra Modi, Gabbard is far from the progressive hero many assume her to be.

Despite her progressive image today, Gabbard has conservative roots. Her father is Mike Gabbard, a former Honolulu city councilman, state senator, and high profile anti-gay activist who led a campaign against same-sex marriage in Hawaii in the 1990s. He founded the educational nonprofit Stop Promoting Homosexuality and bought himself a show on a local radio station to denounce LGBT people.

Early in her career, Gabbard took after her father. She opposed abortion and supported a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman. After Honolulu Magazine emailed her father to ask about his former ties to a conservative Hare Krishna splinter group for a 2004 profile, it was Gabbard who replied angrily, accusing the magazine of "acting as a conduit for The Honolulu Weekly and other homosexual extremist supporters of Ed Case [her father's opponent]." The same year, she used her platform as a state representative to testify against civil unions, calling the claim that they were different from same-sex marriage "dishonest, cowardly, and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii," who had voted in favor of Constitutional Amendment 2 in 1998, empowering the legislature to withhold marriage from same-sex couples.

"As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists," she said at the time.

When questioned why the LGBT caucus, which had actually supported her three years earlier, had turned against her, the chairman cited two things. One was her less-than-stellar answers to a questionnaire the LGBT Caucus had sent. The other was a 2015 interview with Ozy, in which she confirmed that her personal views on gay marriage and abortion hadn't changed, just her view on whether the government should enforce its vision of morality.

It is nationalism in antiwar garb, reinforcing instead of undercutting the toxic rhetoric that treats foreigners as less deserving of dignity than Americans. (Gabbard's brand of anti-interventionism has even received praise from former KKK grand wizard David Duke, who called for her to be named secretary of state.)

In the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings in January 2015, Gabbard complained on Fox News that by "not using this term 'Islamic extremism' and clearly identifying our enemies," the administration couldn't "come up with a very effective strategy to defeat that enemy." She told Neil Cavuto that "this isn't about one specific group," but about "this radical Islamic ideology that is fueling this," and that it needed to be defeated "militarily and ideologically." She characterizedObama's refusal to "recognize" the enemy as "mind-boggling" and "troubling."

Before that, in 2014, Gabbard introduced a bill that would have halted the visa waiver program for countries whose citizens had gone to fight with extremists, claiming that the program "puts the American people in danger." Had it passed, people from the UK, France, Germany, and many other European countries would have been forced to apply for visas before visiting the United States.

AS LATE AS 2016:
https://mauitime.com/news/politics/...pport-rep-tulsi-gabbards-reelection-campaign/

"Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory–the military," states the article. "It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government 'imposing its will' on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)"

So after all this time, Gabbard still personally opposes same-sex marriage, but won't say or do anything politically about it? This puts her campaign statement on same-sex marriage that we cited above in an entirely different light.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
...Now that post above needs to be the OP. Also fuck this thread, OP on that feigning ignorance bullshit.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
When you listen to two stupid, shitty people talk and go, "Wow, this is so refreshing and interesting", that speaks volumes about your character and the type of person you are. I'll leave it at that.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
When you listen to two stupid, shitty people talk and go, "Wow, this is so refreshing and interesting", that speaks volumes about your character and the type of person you are. I'll leave it at that.
lol the vitriol here is kind of insane

like I get not liking him and I even get (even though it's silly) popping into a thread to let everyone know, but this is a bit much. I won't listen to this because I couldn't care less about her but yeahhhhh.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She has defended and denied some of the worst war crimes in modern history, she is a homophobe & she has been endorsed by the former grand wizard of the KKK David Duke. She is fucking trash.

And Rogan is an alt-right piece of shit.
I'll have to look into her because defending war crimes would completely invalidate any anti-war sentiment. And that KKK endorsement speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.