• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
Joe Rogan, Spotify's biggest podcast star, has left the platform in an awkward position after conducting a lengthy interview with Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist banned by Swedish streaming company for producing "hate content".

Jones used his appearance on the Spotify-funded programme, which has millions of loyal listeners, to raise concerns about the safety of vaccines just two years after his own show was bannedby the platform after he helped spread conspiracy theories around events such as the 9/11 attacks and Sandy Hook school shooting.
Jones, who has since been banned from all major tech platforms, appeared delighted to be allowed back on a relatively mainstream outlet, telling Rogan: "You got a huge audience, we can really change the world right now."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...sts-alex-jones-on-spotify-podcast-despite-ban

...and yet some people are still defending Rogan.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Considering all the lives he's put at stake by being an anti-masker, this is par for the course for Rogan.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Joe rogan has been awful forever and I hate how many people remotely like him.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didn't rogan say he agreed to the spotify deal only because they promised they would not limit him in any way? i wonder if his plan is to push them until they let him go and he can run with the money. hosting alex jones so soon would be a start.

get in on some of that ninja/shroud mixer action.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I lasted 2 hours yesterday watching this brainless garbage.

Made me sad knowing that Joe Rogan has a platform for millions to voice his destructive takes.

It wasn't even funny in an ironic way. Regurgitated the same conspiracy theories we've heard for many years now, nothing new.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't seem to have any real bar set for guests on his show. Joe Rogan would platform an SS Guard.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I knew Rogan was a shitbag, but interviewing Alex Jones is a new level of shitness.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely insane that his producers allowed this, multiple gates in the decision making process OK'd his appearance here. This is a fucking awful look for Spotify.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Rogan's podcast really needs to be cancelled. No question about it.
Spotify likes money though, so my guess is this will simply be ignored and rationalized.

EDIT: Yep

www.buzzfeednews.com

Spotify Is Defending Alex Jones' Appearance On "The Joe Rogan Experience"

In a leaked email, an executive said, "we are not going to ban specific individuals from being guests on other people’s shows.”

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify's defense is dumb as fuck. So Alex Jones can just get a sock puppet, make a show be the sock puppets and hes the only guest that shows up and keep peddling his garbage according to them

Hes going to have Alex on for the election night

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Fuck Rogan and anyone that says "but he has interesting guests" in defense of listening to him.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone left on the Joe Rogan bandwagon can get fucked. Alex Jones is a domestic terrorist.

laikalot

May 30, 2020
giphy.webp

Great job Spotify, you feckless fucks.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Was considering canceling my Apple music sub and getting a Spotify sub cause I'm sick of Apples crap playlists. Yeah looks like I'm going to be staying on the Apple Music train.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I hate people being like "He's just like a stoner bro you're not supposed to take him seriously."

Fuck. That. He's a grown ass man and he knows what he's doing.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Rogan fucking sucks. I have a friend who is deep in that hole, and defends Rogan and claims he's intelligent. It's fucking sickening how far people go to defend him.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Spotify won't do shit to their cash cow, Rogan and the Spotify execs can rot in hell

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
And again, when my brother told me he listens to Joe Rogan and I was like "urgh, really?", he asked why, and I said because he's pretty much a platform for the far right, my brother told me I "have issues". This fucker is totally a gateway drug to some fucked up ideas.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
And the youth loves this pricks show too.

All that "The younger generations will be more liberal" shit dies when you see the reach cunts like this have.

Old conservatives and their Fox News/AM Radio is supplanted by stuff like Rogan who becomes the next gateway to harmful shit via his show man. Its so sad.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I gave Rogan the benefit of the doubt for a while. Thought he was just an idiot that would lend his platform to anyone. Listened to the first episode in a long time a few weeks ago...some Republican candidate. Rogan has gone full right wing Karen MAGA Q conspiracy. Spotify needs to cancel his ass.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
So gross. I know a lot of dudes in real life that worship Rogan, too. I get why. He taps into a certain audience of white dudes who are at least a little toxically masculine whether they know it or not. He also tends to dumb down otherwise complex or hard to understand topics. I've seen some interviews of his that I thought were fine. But increasingly he just comes off as super irresponsible with his massive platform, and has been peddling ill-informed and dangerous ideals which his listeners take as gospel. It's dangerous and gross, and I am disappointed when people I know eat this shit up.