• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Isn't it fucked up that we can just put a number on a person's life, like a dollar value. Man. Makes you think YO JAMIE PULL UP THAT VIDEO OF THE MOOSE GETTING HIT BY A TRUCK

Deleted member 25709

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson!? The horror!

As for Jordan, of course he's more controversial and there are certainly things I disagree with but he's an intelligent and well spoken guy who is also willing to have a conversation. I wouldn't consider him right-wing at all. He's not a Trump supporter. He's simply a professor with a curious mind.

Being a climate change denier is far from being intelligent.

Edit:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-the-intellectual-we-deserve.30669/

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson!? The horror!

I guess he should only have people on that are progressive, left wing or far left? What fun is that? I like hearing different ideas and seeing where people are coming from. I don't have to agree with them but unless they are saying something extremely absurd or offensive, I'll hear them out. Maybe we can come to some kind of middle ground.

While I disagree with most of what Ben Shapiro's policies, I don't think he's a bad person. I actually like listening to some of this interviews to hear his perspective. He's an orthodox Jew and to call him a Nazi or alt-right is absurd. He's simply a conservative with a different viewpoint but is open to common ground. I want MORE conservatives like that. He's actually willing to talk and be civil with people on the left.

As for Jordan, of course he's more controversial and there are certainly things I disagree with but he's an intelligent and well spoken guy who is also willing to have a conversation. I wouldn't consider him right-wing at all. He's not a Trump supporter. He's simply a professor with a curious mind.

getting tricked into believing either of these two are worth time. sad. ben shapiro doesn't even have his own perspective. he's paid to have them, financed by actual evil people. you don't even need a middle man (lol rhymes with 'little man') to hear that shit. jordan peterson is a fancy-words shell game. to believe that he's got a curious mind means ignoring one of the main tricks he uses to make people think he's smart - he does not accept criticism. every last critic somehow misunderstands him or proves his point exactly. what an amazing track record to hold.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
anonymous-id-abzig3-08-01-18-wed-16-18-41-no-180822043-file-joe-rogan-podcast-jpg-30-kb-35415915.png

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
We've literally reached a point where Rogan fans are beginning to parrot his defense of McInnes on the board. Amazing.

Oct 26, 2017
Why is it always "I don't know much about the person and/or situation but watch me type multiple paragraphs defending bullshit while portraying anyone against me as the real fascist" with all these assholes?

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
lmao this forum is shameless.

Banning someone for trying to intelligently argue, meanwhile it's fine to belligerently tell him to fuck himself.

Cool, cool, cool.

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
Watched a few interviews of Joes. What did he do that everyone hates him for around here? Seems like a decent guy

Basically anyone who has a conversation with or at all associates with someone who's a shitty person, socially dumb, etc is a monstrous bigot themselves who should be deplatformed.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Lessig is super interesting. Definitely checking this out. 3 hours is nice.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
After he defended Gavin McInnes, Joe Rogan defenders don't really have a leg to stand on welp

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Basically anyone who has a conversation with or at all associates with someone who's a shitty person, socially dumb, etc is a monstrous bigot themselves who should be deplatformed.

I mean, yeah? That's kind of how life works. I don't associate with bigots and everyone that isn't a bigot does the same thing. Why would you associate yourself with a shitty person if you aren't one yourself lol

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
If I'm having a party at my house and someone attending turns out to be racist, I'd kick them out. Imagine if there is also a guy at the party who is like 'wait we should listen to what they have to say', then I'm sorry but they have to leave as well.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
won't someone think of the bigot apologists
There are ways to disagree and not have to resort to personal attacks.
That poster wasn't arguing intelligently though
I don't think he was being disingenuous. He's wrong sure, but that doesn't mean he is not intelligently discussing his thoughts.

This is just going to turn into a dog pile against me so I'll just stop.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Socially dumb? Tell me more about how guys like Jordan Peterson and Gavin McInnes are just "socially dumb" and not actively preaching hate and bigotry and advocating violence fully aware of what they are doing

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America

I don't think he was being disingenuous. He's wrong sure, but that doesn't mean he is not intelligently discussing his thoughts.

I think the problem is that, in here, people who cape for bigots are guilty until proven innocent, and you want them to be innocent until proven guilty.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018

Defending a poster downplaying bigotry by handwaving comments made by said poster.

That's some next-level defense for bigots.

Oct 27, 2017
Listened to the first hour so far. Lester is incredibly knowledgeable and informative. And Joe remains a great interviewer. Long form interviews without constant interruptions are so rare.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
OP, you should have really known what Rogan has become known for, especially on this board that is incredibly anti-fascist and anti-religious fundamentalist, who Rogan routinely books because YouTube's algorithm loves to feed and nurture a reactionary right-wing crowd, and Rogan plays to those view numbers.

Rather than plug Rogan, you should have watched the podcast and posted something here in the rare case that something socially significant like Rogan disavowing a dozen of his most extreme right wing guests occurs.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay I think it's time I check out his podcasts outside of the few clips I've seen.

Any particular episodes that highlight his bigotry and/or alt-right enabling? Just so I don't waste my time checking his other stuff if he turns out to be a fuckwit.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Okay I think it's time I check out his podcasts outside of the few clips I've seen.

Any particular episodes that highlight his bigotry and/or alt-right enabling? Just so I don't waste my time checking his other stuff if he turns out to be a fuckwit.
Just look at his guests. Pick and choose. He had Dr. Weil on recently. Interesting guy. Many consider him a kook, but I've gotten value on his breathe work stuff to manage anxiety.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how anyone can listen to hours of Rogan. He's either horribly out of his depth with things he doesn't know and offers no valid opinion or pushback, or is incredibly homerish when he does know something about the subject, like MMA. I remember watching a clip with Rogan actually falling for the Ronda hype and boosting Ronda Rousey as a legitimate boxer Before she got polished by Holly Holm. When he's with other slackers he'll just say wild shit without substantiating it one iota. "Bill Clinton has had people killed". K? Care to back that up in ANY way?

I tried listening to the Neil Degrasse Tyson episode, and Rogan was either completely spaced out or wasting time asking Neil stupid fuckery. I think I got 15 minutes in. Even Bill Burr couldn't drag a full funny podcast out of him, and they're both comedians!

He's also a hypocrite - he went on a huge rant about people interviewing recently concussed athletes and swore he'd never do it then turns around and does it to Daniel Cormier! Dude has no ethos, he contradicts himself all the time. I watched a clip today where Michael Bisping called him a fence sitter. Perfect analysis.

What's even weirder than Rogan though are the people who are seriously expecting this pothead to hold people's feet to the fire. How can you listen to anything this guy says and have that opinion?

oledome

Oct 25, 2017

You want to delve a bit but you want someone to point to the bigotry? You want a timestamp? I'll second entremet take a look at the guest list and have a listen to what takes your fancy.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a Joe Rogan fan. I think there's a lot of positive things you can learn from the guy about life, happiness, nutrition, exercise, etc.

Politically, we differ greatly, but I don't think he's a stupid guy by any means despite being out of his depth on many of the issues he chooses to talk about. To be fair, I'd be out of my depth talking about them to. The important thing is that Rogan is curious, and people seem to forget that often matters more than anything.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I'd say something like the US efforts as part of NATO's involvement in the Yugoslav wars, which I guess goes to show just how ignorant Rogan is about, well, anything?

He's not saying that. He's saying the Clinton's have had people killed to hush them up and pay for murders through the Clinton foundation. Some stupid fuckery like that. He used that guy that Fox News keeps parroting (Seth Rich I think his name is?) as an example. Disagreeing with a Presidents actions through foreign policy is one thing. Blathering on about some conspiracy shit you heard is quite another.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
He's not saying that. He's saying the Clinton's have had people killed to hush them up and pay for murders through the Clinton foundation. Some stupid fuckery like that. He used that guy that Fox News keeps parroting (Seth Rich I think his name is?) as an example. Disagreeing with a Presidents actions through foreign policy is one thing. Blathering on about some conspiracy shit you heard is quite another.

Oh Jesus, that crap. Do the people who stan for this guy also support the Megan Fox ancient aliens show thing?