• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Creating misleading thread and abusing report system, history of similar behaviour. Thread making privileges suspended.

While discussing Kanye West, Joe Rogan reads some of his lyrics and makes no effort to censor himself.

@1:09:45 Joe Rogan says the N word

In case you needed another reason as to why Joe Rogan is a piece of shit

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
The Joe Rogan Experience, no safe spaces here! LMAO look at the SJW get triggered! /s

This is his schtick, it's not going to hurt him at all.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If a Black person says the word, then I can! Wait, that's not how any of this works. Music though!

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
giphy.gif

He's a piece of shit.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought he said in a conversation, but he said in a lyric to a song. That changes the discussion.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think there's a huge difference between someome like Pewdiepie using it as a slur and someone literally reading off a text. Citations are a thing and exist for a reason.
I can't stand the guy but yeah...kind of a difference.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that the video is two weeks old with a million views and nothing comes up when googling joe rogan, this does not seem to be a very big deal, generally speaking.

i don't mean to say that there can't be a discussion on whether or not it's ok for a white person to read rap lyrics out loud, but this thread makes it sound like this is some widely held and obvious truth.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I hate Rogan, but quoting lyrics for purposes of discussion isn't the same as just saying slurs to me. But I'm not black so I'll defer to Black Era on this one.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
He's telling his shitty audience that it's ok to say as long as you're reciting rap lyrics.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My step-mom says shit like "I can say it if it's in the lyrics of a song. What's wrong with that?" everytime I tell her not to do that. I legit don't know how to counter that.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Rogan's a stupid blowhard, but he's only #cancelled among people who unironically use #cancelled. So nobody who was listening to him anyway.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont care if he was reading off lyrics dont come at with that same bullshit people try to use while singing songs

Thunder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Context matters , his not just randomly dropping it his reading out text to a song .

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
My step-mom says shit like "I can say it if it's in the lyrics of a song. What's wrong with that?" everytime I tell her not to do that. I legit don't know how to counter that.
the person that is singing the song is Black and it's their song, it's their words. Ask your mom if she would say the N word to a Black person because she just heard them use the word. If the answer is no, then, there you go.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title is stupid and misleading. I thought he straight up dropped a bomb. Not saying he's right for reading that word in the lyrics but it's still not as dire as the thread title leads one to believe.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Do you clutch your pearls during a Huckleberry Finn audiobook too? Good lord.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally equivalent to Pewdiepie saying it with a hard 'r' out of genuine rage and frustration.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.