• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Fans of Joel McHale's The Soup are in for a treat.

The actor/comedian is coming to Netflix with a new weekly show called The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale, and it's giving us flashbacks to his comic recap show on E! that ended in 2015.

Hosted and executive produced by McHale, the half-hour topical series will take a humorous look at pop culture and global news. The show will also feature celebrity guests, comedy sketches and video clips from around the world (and around the Internet).

Just like The Soup, we expect The Joel McHale Show to provide satirical takes on the week's top trending topics.

McHale isn't the only Soup alum on the show. KP Anderson, who was executive producer for the E! series, joins The Joel McHale Show in the same role, along with Ghostbuster's Paul Feig, Jessie Henderson, Brad Stevens. and Boyd Vico.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...show-joel-mchale-show-joel-mchale/1048125001/

I loved The Soup, so I'm excited for this.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Well it looks like I'm renewing my Netflix subscription on February 18th

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the kind of stuff I wish Netflix would do more of. I quit cable because of the lame pricing, but I do miss some of the topical, scheduled shows.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! I loved The Soup. And outside of Community, this is the best use of McHale's talents. Dude doesn't have much range, but he's a great snark delivery system.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Not The Soup, it's La Sopa.

I feel The Soup needed to come back, reality TV is a bigger clusterfuck then when he left of course, one reality TV host is the President

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck yes. The Soup should have never been taken off the air. Seriously, what the fuck? It can't have cost more than about $3 to make.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I loved the soup. It gave you an insight into the world of trashy reality tv without having to watch said trashy reality tv.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Goddamn I missed The Soup. That fucking show never stopped being funny.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
So happy the Soup is coming back, I hated it when E! canceled their only good show. I'm surprised it took this long honestly, especially since shows like Talking Dead and Talking Bad (does this still exist with Better Call Saul?) do well enough to continue.

Glad I have Netflix again.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Just when I was about to cancel Netflix they give me all the reason to stay.

The Whitney Houston "Kiss my ass" clip is still hands down one of the funniest things I've ever experienced in my short time on this earth.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Spent all that money on orcs?"

lol, will definitely be watching this.

Kind of wish Netflix had picked up Community now rather than Yahoo. We'd be coming up on like season 9 by now.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you lord jesus and chicken tetrazzini

Missed The Soup so much over these past few years

Oct 29, 2017
More tech, politics and gaming news please and I'm in. Was never obsessed with celebrities, reality shows and sports the way the soup was.

Joel is a great host, just would depend on the content.

Hops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain.
Yes, I love weekly content in Netflix. They should introduce a daily show too somehow, maybe with rotating hosts, I think it could work.

Wolfgav

Oct 27, 2017
Glass City.
So happy about this! Been waiting for Joel to mount his Soup comeback special.

Getting the Hanukkah fever now!

Last edited:

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Just when I was about to cancel Netflix they give me all the reason to stay.

The Whitney Houston "Kiss my ass" clip is still hands down one of the funniest things I've ever experienced in my short time on this earth.

That clip will never, NEVER get old.

I need to to get my Reality Show Clip Time back for sure.