• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It has just been confirmed through several outlets that Cena Vs Taker is not in the cards anymore. Meaning, Taker is officially retired. (THANK GOD)

The new replacement will be.................... Rey Mysterio (Dolph Ziggler record stops)........ yay?

Rey-Mysterio-vs-John-Cena-600x250.png

There are so many better matches for Cena at Mania. Against Mysterio? Even when Rey was at his peak, this was not a high marquee match at all. The only positve I take from this is not seeing poor old Taker deliver another poor performance. Enough is Enough!

Since Cena gave his speech on Monday, I had a feeling it was indeed a shoot, and Taker was officially over.

Thoughts?

Booyaka Me if Old.....

Source:

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...dly-returning-to-the-ring-at-wrestlemania-34/

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Rey was allowed to win the WWE title for about an hour before they took it off him so Cena could have it?
This is gonna be a classic!

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Instead of having Cena play out this dumb "I need to find my path to WRESTLEMANIA" story line why not bring Rey in early to carve out a story so I actually give a damn about what will probably be an ok match at best?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing official yet

Barasso is not the most reliable insider

Could still be true... but saying official is hasty

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Rey is back? He wasn't exactly at his best right before he left, and I fear that he'll have gotten older and worse since then.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Instead of having Cena play out this dumb "I need to find my path to WRESTLEMANIA" story line why not bring Rey in early to carve out a story so I actually give a damn about what will probably be an ok match at best?

Because that's too much logic... and you know WWE.....

Nothing official yet

Barasso is not the most reliable insider

Could still be true... but saying official is hasty

Yeah. But when there's smoke, there's fire. I had a gut feeling Cena indeed doesn't have a match set for Mania. They are seeking for an opponent for him. Maybe Cena can just join the Andre The Giant Battle Royale.

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
OP is a lier nothing has been confirmed and "people" are saying this rey mysterio rumor is only 1 guy

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Taker's been working out similar to last year coming up to Wrestlemania... wouldn't 100% confirm he's not coming back just yet

Nov 2, 2017
Better then shoehorning him into Nakamura v Styles

If they were smart it would be shoehorned into the Bork and Roman Roids match. They could do an elimination match have the first 20 minutes be a 20 minute finisher spam fest with lots of rest times for Roidman. Then Roidman can eliminate Bork, then have a 10 minute Cena vs Roidman until Cena overcomes the odds and breaks Flairs record. The audience who hate Roidman more then anything cheer Cena and Vince comes so hard because he fit Roids beating Bork, Cena breaking Flairs record and Cena getting the biggest pop since DB at WM30 into one match.

Status
Not open for further replies.