• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Knee injury that I gonna keep him out for 7-9 months? That's an ACL tear. It's gotta be.

I wish him a safe and speedy recovery.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero knowledge on how production schedules work but you think they filmed at least the first episode?

They could release that to keep it in the audience's headspace. Like make it a pilot episode!

No? Ok.

Oh yeah, and get well soon. Health first and all that lol

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
I have zero knowledge on how production schedules work but you think they filmed at least the first episode?

They could release that to keep it in the audience's headspace. Like make it a pilot episode!

No? Ok.

Oh yeah, and get well soon. Health first and all that lol
They probably don't shoot in order.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Really like this actor and i hope recovers soon.

That said this show is likely gonna suck ass, but im pretty curious to see how it pans out.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. Hope he'll recover well.

It's good that production is stopping for him too.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
John Cho is my favorite actor, and he is such a good guy. I really hope he has a smooth recovery!

It sounds like Netflix is not interested in recasting. From Deadline:

Being relatively early into filming would allow Netflix to recast the role, but I hear the streamer is fully committed to Cho in the title role, willing to wait until late spring/early summer to resume filming, along with the logistical challenges that presents.
"Our thoughts are with John, and he has our complete support as he recuperates from this injury," a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement to Deadline.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing he is 47. He is someone that seems perpetually young to me. Like, he stars in movies where he seriously pairs off against 20-somethings as possible romantic interests and you buy it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit surprised Netflix didn't just straight-up recast him, injuries have cost actors roles countless times in the past. Pretty big of them to straight-up halt production until Cho is well again.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Huh. I saw him in the gym this morning in a knee brace. Guess that explains why.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 hour long episodes will have more than enough time versus a 25 ep anime.
Not how it works. They're extending episodes to a hour. Not jamming multiple in that time. The idea is for it to take multiple seasons to tell the story. Probably like at least 3 if they incorporate the movie story. Plus there's the possibility of new stories as well.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
10 hour long episodes will have more than enough time versus a 25 ep anime.
An hour long episode is different from 2 30 minute episodes. 30 minute episodes can have completely different plots while still being able to tell a good story. An hour long episode stays to a single central plot the whole episode.
Also if Netflix's Bebop doesn't have Jupiter Jazz I'm giving it a zero.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
It is pretty cool of them to suspend production until John recovers, but god DAMN I can't imagine how bad tearing your ACL feels.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
The anime only had like 5 episodes of overarching plot, so could be if they're cutting most of the filler (which would be a shame because the filler is amazing).
Surely you can think of a better word to call the stand alone episodes than filler. They're the best parts of the show.

I guess he must be in nearly every scene because otherwise they could shoot other material around him.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The anime only had like 5 episodes of overarching plot, so could be if they're cutting most of the filler (which would be a shame because the filler is amazing).
The anime doesn't have filler, all the non plot centric episodes serve to show more about the crew, their relation to and interactions with each other and their world. It builds their personality really well.