Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Yikes, oof and all that.
John Gibson
@RammJaeger
President - Tripwire Interactive

Proud of #USSupremeCourt affirming the Texas law banning abortion for babies with a heartbeat. As an entertainer I don't get political often. Yet with so many vocal peers on the other side of this issue, I felt it was important to go on the record as a pro-life game developer.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Misogyny in the industry takes many forms.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Yikes...

can someone explain better what this Texas Abortion Law is about? Texas just banned abortions at all?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Probably another one of those who supports the 2A but doesn't support the US Constitution when it's used to protect the rights of women.

Funny that

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes...

can someone explain better what this Texas Abortion Law is about? Texas just banned abortions at all?

Any citizen can sue anyone they think helped a woman get an abortion after 6 weeks

Literally any random stranger can just file a lawsuit and is entitled to at least 10k if they win

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn being from GA I was big fans of them. But it tells me all I need to know

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I am SURE certain sector of the gaming base will deride him from getting political. I am sure.

Also, fucking shame, got a lot of fun with Maneater

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Proud of John Gibson coming out that he is a misogynistic piece of shit and saving me money as I will never purchase a game by his company again.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
This asshole actually thinks he's brave or some shit expressing his dogshit view. Good for you, you bitch ass motherfucker. Love when dudes wanna say shit about reproductive rights.

At least the comments are overwhelmingly shitting on him.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Years and years, countless hours putting into Killing Floor 1.

I might have actually talked to this man before at an E3.

That conspiracy theory DLC for Man Eater might be an indicator that Trip also got some Q going on in there.

Just...fuck.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
What a disgrace. Hopefully some of the devs there dare to publicly disagree with this awful take, without having to be afraid of their job.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not this guy trying to tell women what they should be allowed to do with their body.

The south truly is the WOAT.

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a nothing connection because entertainment doesn't have to be related at all to personal beliefs you hold, but it's pretty fucking ironic to read the president of a company that publishers games such as Killing Floor and Maneater being pro life.

Anyway he has a right to put out there his opinion and I have a right to no longer buy shit from that company for supporting such a fucking backwards and misogynistic move in Texas to control women and punish people for services that may be helpful to them.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised he posted this while he's at PAX west in person. Guess he wanted to kill off any connections before meeting people

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
So what's up with clowns like these:

clowns2y6koq.jpg

clowns19ujqp.jpg

Yes, very fucking brace to state a fucking opinion on something that doesn't impact you at all.

fucking disgusting :(

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
What goes through their head when thinking about tweeting stuff like this? I mean how dare people try to dictate to anybody what they do and don't do with their own health and body. The mind boggles.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Darn! Never bought from them and I sure as heck will be continuing to do that!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So brave to support the timeless tradition of depriving women of agency over their body. Good to know though.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So what's up with clowns like these:

clowns2y6koq.jpg

clowns19ujqp.jpg

Yes, very fucking brace to state a fucking opinion on something that doesn't impact you at all.

fucking disgusting :(
Typical fence sitting motherfuckers that think differing opinions is always a good thing.

wait what ? random idiots can earn 10k for snitching what woman do with their own body ? the fuck
Its fucking insane. The amount of people someone could technical sue is astounding under the law.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Really upsetting. I loved Tripwire's work. Maneater was the first dev interview I got to conduct on my own for the podcast I'm on. I will not be supporting them anymore.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
It takes guts to stand up and actively say "please don't purchase a game from my company ever again."

The absolute prick.