• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
man, it feels like PS4 is only hitting it's stride just now. I'm not sure I'm ready to move on from PS4 yet. unlike PS3 where I'm dying for next gen to come soon enough that I invest in gaming pc.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Already?

Wow! I still feel like this generation is new! Even with the One X and Pro! For me it was crazy to even begin thinking about a PS5!

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Ugh. Really displeased by this. I don't understand the clamoring for new consoles at this stage in the game.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
We knew John...now how about that................Super PlayStation 4 Pro X Entertainment System?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fall 2019/Spring 2020 now, huh?

I've been a part of the 2020 train this whole time, but this makes it feel as if PS5 is coming a lot sooner just with BC or something. Normally I'd be against this, but tbh I don't want to sell my launch PS4, so if this has true BC that'd be amazing.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seem really early IMHO I want a PS5 sure but they have 2 more holiday seasons before they need to do anything. They own the market have a ton of exclusives coming. I feel this is a Misinterpretation or translation.

PS5 shouldn't be released until fall 2020/21 it still has hefty legs!!

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
PS4 launched November 2013. Feels like yesterday despite it being quite a while ago. PS4 Pro launched 2016.

PS5 launching late 2019 (November?) seems like a possibility at this point. Personally, I'm thinking it'll be November 2020.

Last edited:

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
what's interesting is that, if they release the PS5 next year, it will be a normal Playstation cycle since both PS1 and PS2 were around 6 years before their sucessor was out.
2020 would put it at PS3's lifespan between release and getting a sucessor out.

time sure flies these days.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this generation is in the middle-to-late stages, but not near the final stages of it's life cycle. PlayStation 4 has had around 4-5 years on it's lifespan, butt I don't really get the impression consumers are clamoring for new consoles anytime soon. Especially with the mid generational upgrades that both non-Nintendo consoles received.

I think we're looking at late 2020 at the absolute earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.