• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
As a reminder, do not celebrate this occasion or declare that you're glad that the man is dead. It should not be too much to ask that we treat his death better than the alt right is. You are still welcome to discuss and criticize John McCain's political legacy without the aforementioned vitriol. We also ask that this thread stay on topic and not get derailed into wider ancillary arguments like the Vietnam war.

DlfDPkmU8AA6Spt.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Rest in Peace to an American hero.

Didn't agree with him on much, but he was the definition of hero.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a GOP supporter but this man was a giant in American politics and his efforts to work across the isle is exemplary.

He will be missed.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Sad, and thoughts and prayers to his family.

I have a lot of political opinions about him but it feels like the Senate just got even less decent, at least the Republicans.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
That's way faster than expected, RIP. This feels weird, honestly. I've seen him talk a lot. 08 is seared in my memory, this feels weird.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't agree with him on a lot of things, but man should no one have to live through what he has experienced. Rest in peace Mr. McCain and lets hope no one and their families has to endure what he went through.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
May not agree with his political view and actions. But he's still an American hero, a veteran and a father/husband.
Rest in Peace John.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rest In Peace.
I don't agree with his views at all, but he is respectable, unlike a lot of officials today.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Whatever his politics, I sincerely hope his last days were comfortable in equal measure to his leadership. One thing he was not was unprincipled, much as I disagreed with him. Many of his colleagues couldn't honestly claim the same, and I especially doubt they'd be able to survive a torture scenario. Platitude though it may be, I dearly hope he passed with as much dignity and respect now as he held in his long life of valorous conduct and public service, and he has left an example for all men, but Republicans especially, to follow.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Man he would have probably died in office if he had won from the strain

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
I saw the other thread saying he was in his last days but didnt think it was that close

He lived a long life

Status
Not open for further replies.