• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Yea very, but what's your point, I still think the non social aspects of the republican party are better for the us in the long run. We can debate politics in another thread but let's not start calling me a bigot (I'm a non white minority, just fyi) just because I like certain aspects of our 2nd largest national party.

My point is that they're racist trash, ultra wealthy or not. I'm sure those tariffs will help us. Trump is not compartmentalized from the Republican party, which fostered his movement.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Throwing my RIP in before this gets locked. Might not have agreed with all his decisions but I do respect him as a person.

CynicalSyndie

Apr 16, 2018
Yea very, but what's your point, I still think the non social aspects of the republican party are better for the us in the long run. We can debate politics in another thread but let's not start calling me a bigot (I'm a non white minority, just fyi) just because I like certain aspects of our 2nd largest national party.
Can you take this to a private conversation? Era does have that capability.

Deleted member 15125

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can you respect someone who supported policies that led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of foreign civilians, including children? Someone please explain this.

Oct 25, 2017
Democrat probably.

You know like there's this thing called voting for the person not the party.....so no I'm not gonna vote for these minitrumps. But I do like alot of the overall small government policies of the republican party which is mainly why I switched. I hope we can kick trump out eventually and get a decent republican in place.

"small government"

They fucking tricked you if you believe ANY of that BS.

Aug 24, 2018
this thread gets to live or die by the policies of the leadership of this forum

they can either permit or stifle dissent as they choose

history will be the judge i guess

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You really can't keep using his history in politics as a reason to vilify the rest of the things he did before he became a politician.
Says the person who is telling minorities to sit down and shut up when his political history has actively hurt people of color, women, and LGBT people. Disgusting.

AND: Where did I say I vilified what he did in Vietnam? I haven't touched that subject once.

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My point is that they're racist trash, ultra wealthy or not. I'm sure those tariffs will help us. Trump is not compartmentalized from the Republican party, which fostered his movement.

I think we'll see what happens but I do think trump is isolated from the republican party and they will revolt against him eventually. If they don't then the republican party will die off and we'll be left with one party and that is very bad news for democracy in general.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Bush crashed the economy and Obama who you seem to believe betrayed you had to fix it

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall defending bigotry. Please do not put words in my mouth.

All I said was that that kind of logic is what bigots throw out in defense here and that you're helping them (by normalizing it), not that you're a bigot yourself.

Though you're also helping them by being a Republican, I guess.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
There's also like the government policies, foreign policies, financial and social policies. Let's not reduce the parties to "good angelic party and evil racist party."
No, it's the rascist authoritarian party and the party that occasionally does things that help people that aren't billionaires and also believes that people other than straight white Christian guys are still people. When every republican administration consistently legislates substantial bigotry, voting Republican becomes an act of bigotry.
A republican vote means saying that the consistent policy of bigotry is either invisible, an acceptable tradeoff, or correct in that voter's eyes. Any 1 of those things make the voter bigoted too. Saying "I'm not convinced xyz opression or suffering exists" isn't some special category of opinion- it's indifference to the suffering of others.

The tea party era passed even the most patient definition of "Republican voters had plausible deniability and just really believed in something." Then trump went even further past that. Being a Republican at this point is explicitly saying "fuck every human that isn't a rich straight white man."

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Better than the average republican, even if that doesn't say much.

Arizona law makes it a disappointment for liberals politically too. Will just be replaced by a party loyalist who won't face election until 2020.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll see what happens but I do think trump is isolated from the republican party and they will revolt against him eventually. If they don't then the republican party will die off and we'll be left with one party and that is very bad news for democracy in general.
But you do know this Republican party was bad way before Trump right. I

CynicalSyndie

Apr 16, 2018
All I said was that that kind of logic is what bigots throw out in defense here and that you're helping them (by normalizing it), not that you're a bigot yourself.

Though you're also helping them by being a Republican, I guess.
He's a concern troll. Anyone who really thinks that the GOP is going to abandon Trump is delusional or arguing in bad faith. He has like 80 percent approval ratings among them.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018

You have to ignore a lot of history to think that the Republican party is good for representative Democracy. Gerrymandering is fucked in general, ignoring their history of severe racism.

If your goal is for a wealthy white oligarchy, then you absolutely should vote red.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt agree with the political aspects of Mccain. But hes a pretty stand up dude for the most part. And he actually didnt like or support Trump from what I remember, and was one of the republicans who always spoke out against Trump.

Also this was classy..

So /salute and RIP

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Says the person who is telling minorities to sit down and shut up when his political history has actively hurt people of color, women, and LGBT people. Disgusting.
What's disgusting is pissing on a mans grave before the body is evil cold as you and many other people are doing. Tact, respect, get some. I know you don't think he had any so be better then him.

Also please stop taking what I'm saying out of context, all I said is if you don't have something nice to say about a man who just died and who a majority of the country views as a war hero then maybe don't say anything at all. I'd seriously love to know how that somehow suggests I'm telling minority's to shut up. I'm saying have respect for a man who just died, if you can't do that then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all and thats exactly what I'd say to any asshat on the right who tries to start shit about Obama or Hillary when they pass away.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's disgusting is pissing on a mans grave before the body is evil cold as you and many other people are doing. Tact, respect, get some. I know you don't think he had any so be better then him.

Also please stop taking what I'm saying out of context, all I said is if you don't have something nice to say about a man who just died and who a majority of the country views as a war hero then maybe don't say anything at all. I'd seriously love to know how that somehow suggests I'm telling minority's to shut up. I'm saying have respect for a man who just died, if you can't do that then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all and thats exactly what I'd say to any asshat on the right who tries to start shit about Obama or Hillary when they pass away.
Many people are dead because of things he voted for, and I grew up watching him tell me that people like me aren't fit to serve the military or have rights.

I have absolutely every right to criticize him even on the day he dies. You're free to stuff it with all this "you're tactless and disrespectful" bullshit.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

First of all we don't need to respect him. He has done little to earn a lot of our respect. Like guess what when people make a political career of hurting people less fortunate than they are people will call them out for it.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
What's a concern troll?

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
He's a concern troll. Anyone who really thinks that the GOP is going to abandon Trump is delusional or arguing in bad faith. He has like 80 percent approval ratings among them.

Yeah, I just caught up on the last couple pages and after the buildup and then immediate backtrack I'm leaning towards him being a concern troll too.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

If this thread was just RIP there'd be nothing to say but there's a whole lot of whitewashing and there's no wrong time to fight that.

Status
Not open for further replies.