• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He served his country in more ways than one, despite not agreeing with his politics, I respect him for that. Rest in Peace John McCain.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I agreed with a lot of what he did as a politician, but his military record is undeniable and he deserves respect for that. That's more than I can say for pretty much anyone else in his party. RIP.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While it was often without any action, I at least respected him as one of the last republicans to actually care about being seen as a decent person. RIP.

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People should watch the HBO movie GAME CHANGE to see a glimpse of what kind of person McCain was. Played by Ed Harris, who is excellent. And Julian Moore who is amazing as Palin. Such an underrated movie.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Regardless of his political opinions (of which there were many I disagreed with) I can respect the man for serving his country for as long as he did in the way that he did.

I hope he finds peace and his family can find closure.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Shame he only could show his true morals when it had no consequence to him. He was probably one of the better ones of a rotten bunch though I guess. RIP.

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
R.I.P John McCain a true American hero i might have no like his politics but I love what he did for this Country.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
RIP

Hopefully his last days were peaceful.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
cancer sucks. incidentally, thousands of inoccient people being killed overseas as a result of McCain's policies also sucks

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Thread Whining. Ignoring Mod Post.
mods should pin a countdown to the top of the forum to let us know when it will be ok to say mean things about evil people who just died

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, RIP. I'll do my best to remember your moments of valor and respectfully engage with our areas of disagreement.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I respect him for his service, despite how I didn't necessarily agree with his views. He still seemed like one of the more decent Republicans in my opinion.

Rest in Peace, John McCain.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Didn't agree 99% of the time but we got to see this look of disappointment on McConnell because of his no vote. RIP McCain

I cheered so much when this happened. I didn't agree with his politics majority of the time, but that's a hell of a way to go out :(.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
RIP and wishing the best for his family. I can't really think of a single issue I agreed on him with, but he was a decent person at the very least, something all too rare in the modern GOP.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I have many, many words about the guy, both good and bad.
But, I'll keep that for another time.

For now, may he finally rest.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He had his supporters but at the same time, lots of detractors as well, like the many innocent Iraqis that died for a false war he supported.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
kinda fucked up to celebrate someone succumbing to brain cancer as a political win don't you think?
His actions resulted in the deaths of many innocent people. Do you think people who were directly affected by what he did in life are wrong to be relieved he can no longer harm them?

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mods should pin a countdown to the top of the forum to let us know when it will be ok to say mean things about evil people who just died
How was he evil? Dude personally killed the ACA repeal. You can disagree with his policies, but he at least tried to do the right thing unlike most of the modern GOP.

Oct 26, 2017
Strange to be without someone who has been such a fixture of US politics since I've been following them. Didn't like what he became during the 2000s, but he was a superstar of the 90s "Third Way" era.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.