• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of 4D stuff did it do ?

Well you had the motion control seats that added a ton to the hand to hand scenes. Even the camera panning and tilting during regular moments made the seats move. Any major bullet or such impacts were also felt (air also blew behind your ears if the bullet went to/from the back of the theater). Weather wise a spray of mist at the beginning of rainy scenes and some "wind" blowing at you. Some fog at one or two moments. It was fun. If you have a screen nearby I'd say it's worth the surcharge.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you had the motion control seats that added a ton to the hand to hand scenes. Even the camera panning and tilting during regular moments made the seats move. Any major bullet or such impacts were also felt (air also blew behind your ears if the bullet went to/from the back of the theater). Weather wise a spray of mist at the beginning of rainy scenes and some "wind" blowing at you. Some fog at one or two moments. It was fun. If you have a screen nearby I'd say it's worth the surcharge.
Rightos.

They've always seemed very gimmicky, and silly to me. But i might go just once to see what all the hubbub is about.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Well that was fucking awesome.

After the not-as-good-as-the-first-but-gets-better-with-repeat-viewing Chapter 2, this had be enraptured from the first scene to the last.

Very glad I was able to see this at the cinema too.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Rightos.

They've always seemed very gimmicky, and silly to me. But i might go just once to see what all the hubbub is about.

Give it a shot. I was the same way but hell I'd be willing to go back in the future.

When the Continental shootout begins, after the smoke/flashbangs go off fog started rolling in to simulate the smoke. Everyone loved that.

One of the more brutal shotgun headshots sprayed mist too.

I will say though the screen was only normal size (since it was recently converted from a standard theater), and there seemed to be only one sweet spot row. Would have loved a bigger screen.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched this last night. Incredible movie.
I was a little let down by the action scenes towards the end, but that was also an issue in the first two movies.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I do have an actual question

why is everyone here operating under the assumption that Winston betrayed Wick? It seems extremely obvious that Winston tried to barter in a way that was benefitial for the both of them (hence Charon's "well played sir"). He gets to maintain Continental while Wick gets to live, it was the only way for him to get on the Adjudicator's good graces. Yes it's more likely than not that Winston will lose out if Wick is successful in tearing down the system but I'm pretty sure he's well cognizant of the fact that John isn't gonna stop at anything to make up for being wronged.

agreed.

Winston clearly shot Wick in non-vital spots, just like Wick did to the Doctor at the start of the film. It's probably the reason they showed that scene with the Doctor in the first place, to explain how Wick could survive this.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give it a shot. I was the same way but hell I'd be willing to go back in the future.

When the Continental shootout begins, after the smoke/flashbangs go off fog started rolling in to simulate the smoke. Everyone loved that.

One of the more brutal shotgun headshots sprayed mist too.

I will say though the screen was only normal size (since it was recently converted from a standard theater), and there seemed to be only one sweet spot row. Would have loved a bigger screen.
Does water mist spray in your face when Halle Berry spits in John's water bottle. (Because i'd would be kinda into that 😝 LMAO)

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I can't believe Pikachu has more screens and showtimes at my local theatre than JW3 this weekend...

Was planning to see Endgame (finally) then noticed JW3 was out. Sunday matinee. Endgame can wait until Blu-ray.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this in a Dolby theater. Honestly won't watch a movie on a regular screen again.

Movie was awesome
Same. Saw Avengers in Dolby and it was really good but Wick really sold me on it.

When they pull out the shotguns, that's the first time I've ever been hyped for the sounds that were coming in a movie.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Another thing I don't get:
For all the Adjudicator's talk about Santino and the Round Table, there wasn't a problem with him putting a hit on his own sister so he could take her spot?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Was Winston shooting blanks with the gun when he shot John? We never actually saw the gun used, and John took like 5 bullets and fell multiple stories- I could buy surviving one, but both?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Was Winston shooting blanks with the gun when he shot John? We never actually saw the gun used, and John took like 5 bullets and fell multiple stories- I could buy surviving one, but both?

Remember, he has magic suit that stops all bullets. Can't imagine he'd wear anything else. Also, you saw him covering his head with coat/arm.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing about this movie is how

both Mad Dog and the Assassin from The Raid survived; these two need to get more work in Chapter 4 definitely.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Credits are rolling, goddamn John Wick 3. How are they going to top it? This might cement it as my most consistently favorite franchise; where each movie is an improvement over the last. Raid franchise I'll have to watch the final fight scene again to see if John Wick 3 final fight tops it, but it just might. This movie, my god it was so good.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds

both Mad Dog and the Assassin from The Raid survived; these two need to get more work in Chapter 4 definitely.
That was something I didn't expect since I'm so use to seeing their characters die. Yeah I agree with ya, they really need more work for the next film and other films in general. Let's see what The Raid 3 will bring to the table to up the ante, because the bar has been raised.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
That was something I didn't expect since I'm so use to seeing their characters die. Yeah I agree with ya, they really need more work for the next film and other films in general. Let's see what The Raid 3 will bring to the table to up the ante, because the bar has been raised.
I loved the first Raid film, did not like the second.

My head canon is that they're the same characters.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I thought this was going to be one of the greats after the first 30 minutes especially the first real big fight. Kinda fizzled out by the end, ends up about as good as the other two but I'm going to need more inventive sequences for 4.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I just got out of the movie and I have to say that it's much better than the other two.

I have to decompress my thoughts, so expect a write-up later...

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really loved everything about this film, it starts firing on all cylinders right out of the gate and never lets up.
I loved that both Halle Berry and Lance Redick's characters got plenty of time in the action. Plus those gorgeous and vicious good boys. It was neat to see them acting like real combat dogs would, tearing at their targets after the headshots, until release command etc. I actually thought the one died at first and got very upset. The overall dog love in the movie almost makes up for that scene in the first movie...

I enjoyed this film a lot, but boy did I feel uncomfortable regarding
the treatment of animals. Some of the horses looked pretty freaked out and were those dogs CGI? They looked pretty real and training dogs to attack humans just feels problematic. Like, you're untraining that afterwards?

I'm certain I'm overthinking it, but it was distracting my mind in places.
Those dogs are Belgian Malinois. If they don't get that level of activity/stimulation three times a day they turn into destructive assholes on their own. Great dogs, but their engine never quits. Trust that they were having the time of their lives. I thought everything involving the dogs was crazy impressive from a stunt production perspective.

I had no idea these guys were a part of this movie at all. I happened to pick Mad Dog out in the background in an early scene and freaked out. I just knew he would be final boss material.

The sword on the throat was toughest for me to watch.

I think I've become numb to the death toll in JW, but this definitely had the nastiest kills. Still no limbs flying off or piles of blood like, say, Kill Bill.

The worst for me was the ballerina toenail coming off. I can't stand seeing that shit.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Okay...I just got out

Oh my fucking god! I don't really even have the words right now. That was honestly one of the best action movies I have ever seen.

I am a HUGE fan of the Raid films, and I had no idea fucking Mad Dog and the nameless Assassin from the second movie we're going to be in this! Such an awesome surprise.

I'm blown away. This movie just raised the bar in a way I never saw coming and didn't expect at all. I couldn't help but laugh at how insane this thing got at times, I mean I just watched like 400 people individually get brutally killed on screen lol, and it was so beautifully shot/directed in a way that it didn't really feel like cheap exploitation imo. I haven't felt this way about an action movie since The Raid 1. Halle Barry was amazing, and her dogs damn near stole the show!

I can totally see some folks getting a bit warn out by the time this ends, which sort of desensitizes the final act, but it absolutely worked for me and I honestly loved every second of this insanity

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Absolutely fantastic. What an amazing opening to the movie. Those first few actions scenes before the first breather are so fun. The sound is waaaaay better in this one too. For my JW movie ratings, it easily surpasses JW2. Now the questions is after a few viewings, will it unseat JW1 for my favorite? They really got back to the core of what made this franchise fun. Had a great audience at the theater. Only like 20 of us, and everyone was oh shitting and laughing together. Loved it.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I really freaking enjoyed John wick 3. The scene I was most excited about wasn't even my favorite either! (The motorcycle swords)
I really did enjoy the part with Halle Berry but I feel they could've done something more together than Two separate individuals together.

Dolby is the only way to experience this movie.

I feel sorry for the member in our boards whose gf/spouse doesn't allow them to play video games because dogs die. Probably not allowed to watch any awesome movie like John Wick.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
So part 4? Coming out? I thought this was the final chapter of John wick I got confused at the end scene

Last edited:

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Also ending scene was kinda bs, overall better than the first 2 movie he almost had 100% accuracy through out the movie probabaly drop to like 99.5% towards the end.Halle berry scenes was my fav part of the movie

Last edited: