• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Staring...
LAG-005308-Billy-Magnussen-400x535.jpg

Edit: Damn you Gentlemen, damn you to hell!

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone finds an old David Leitch tweet and gets him fired before this comes to be. The nerve.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The directorial work in Deadpool 2 was noticeably worse than the original with Tim Miller, I can't say that I'd be jammed to see David Leitch tackle Enter The Dragon even with a good fight unit director.

Enter the Dragon is a pretty mediocre film from a filmmaking perspective, but it worked because Bruce Lee was made to be put in front of a camera. I'm not sure who is out there that has even a quarter of the on-screen charisma that Lee had, because you're just working with a ho-hum tournament plot otherwise.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enter the Dragon is a pretty mediocre film from a filmmaking perspective, but it worked because Bruce Lee was made to be put in front of a camera. I'm not sure who is out there that has even a quarter of the on-screen charisma that Lee had, because you're just working with a ho-hum tournament plot otherwise.
See this is my biggest issue. I could understand if there was some star or up and comer that had it all and you wanted to build your remake around him. However I'm less confident if you first got the rights to the film and now your trying to find somebody to fill those shoes.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it will most likely be way better than the original. original was carried by Lee, but was mediocre in every other aspect

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ehh. They have fucked with more classic movies than Enter the Dragon.

I just want to see big budget martial arts movies with good choreography again. Last thing that came close was headshot.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great reverence for Bruce Lee, but Enter the Dragon is not that good of a movie... it's all about Bruce Lee showing his skills and screen presence to a wider audience.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't John Wick 2 kinda have an homage to Enter the Dragon with the ending being in a room full of mirrors?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Came to post this. Please don't touch this masterpiece.
They aren't. They are going to make a separate movie that doesn't affect the original in any way, shape, or form.

I can't get behind people that hate remakes. Don't watch them if you don't like it. Let other people possibly become fans of a new movie

Oct 31, 2017
In cases like these I think it's better to make a spiritual successor rather than remakes but I'm generally I'm all for film remaking

I think they the worst thing is how Hollywood did Bruce Lee and still does actors of Asian descent. Even watching Mortal Kombat it's hard to believe an Asian actor would get to be the primary protagonist who kicks ass in a modern Hollywood film

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If this were Game of Death then I would not be all that thrilled about it. Enter the Dragon on the other hand can be expanded and done better. That plot has been used so many times in video games, anime, comics, etc. Might as well use the plot for the real thing.

Oct 27, 2017
If this does happen, I'd like to see Danny Chan Kwok-Kwan take the lead role. I mean, he's already impersonated Bruce Lee before!

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017