• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
The problem with the photo as proof is she has always alleged that was something he did to himself when he was drunk and broke a bottle. As far as I understand it, the photo came from her own court fillings, where she alleges he sent her the photo to intimidate her and then wrote a message about her being unfaithful on a mirror in his own blood.

Is it possible she is lying? Absolutely. But she had an explanation for that injury before the photos were widely circulating.

The girlfriend in question even said at the time that it didn't happen that way and she felt the arrest was motivated by subconscious homophobia. (The arresting officer turned out to be gay herself, which people like to use as if it somehow negates how the ex girlfriend feels about the situation or her insistence that no abuse happened.) Now maybe she's just covering for Amber, but it's definitely not as clear cut as presented in these threads.
Yeah, it's all very he said she said as these things are

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I was posting fast.

I should have read what you wrote more carefully.

Don't worry about it; I've done it before. And don't get me wrong: I don't know who to believe.

I just don't assume that police are always telling the truth and we've seen that black officers can exhibit racism so I don't question the possibility that gay officers might have latent homophobia. (You can apply different standards to a minority group you belong to because you believe they are representing you poorly, etc.)

If the ex says it wasn't like that and that the officer acted differently once she realized they were a couple, it's hard to call her a liar; but it's also hard to assume Amber is completely innocent given everything.

Yeah, it's all very he said she said as these things are

I believe he claims to have video, but unless that ever gets out we'll probably never know for sure.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Don't worry about it; I've done it before. And don't get me wrong: I don't know who to believe.

I just don't assume that police are always telling the truth and we've seen that black officers can exhibit racism so I don't question the possibility that gay officers might have latent homophobia. (You can apply different standards to a minority group you belong to because you believe they are representing you poorly, etc.)

If the ex says it wasn't like that and that the officer acted differently once she realized they were a couple, it's hard to call her a liar; but it's also hard to assume Amber is completely innocent given everything.

I believe he claims to have video, but unless that ever gets out we'll probably never know for sure.
That would be something, but may just be one of the many arguments

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
1.) She does have a history of being a domestic abuser
2.) So far there's allegedly a lot more evidence of her abusing him then the other way around
3.) Having substance abuse problem doesn't mean you deserve a abusive marriage

1)
Yeah her "abuse" past is bullshit but the MRA will eat it up when it comes to her and Depp

https://www.etonline.com/news/19060...e_speaks_out_on_domestic_violence_arrest_2009

2) She also had evidence. It is not a competition. Both being abusive is absolutely possible in this situation.

3)
I agree. But Depp is famous for letting it fuck up his work (he is famously a bad person to rely on set) and Amber allegations included the fact that he became violent while on drugs, so this is why i mentioned it.

It's gonna be a he said/she said until the facts come I guess. We'll see. Didn't Depp say he had receipts?

And she had too. One of the videos she presented even leaked to random TMZ showing Depp trowing a wine glass at her

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1)

2) She also had evidence. It is not a competition. Both being abusive is absolutely possible in this situation.

3)

And she had too. One of the videos she presented even leaked to random TMZ showing Depp trowing a wine glass at her
If it's the video I'm thinking about. I thought it was him just piss drunk freaking out. I don't think he threw it at her directly

Winter-John

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018