• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Kaneda? Dope.

Johnny Young Bosch is one of the best voice actors out there, so this is definitely a step up.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
I love JYB's work so this is a solid choice. His screams already sound much better.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird to imagine JYB's voice on Broly but then again he's JYB so it's a good choice regardless.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yu Narukami is voicing BROLY?!

Seriously congratulations JYB!!! You already sound loads better than Vic with just the screaming!

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like an upgrade. JYB has done lots of great work. Hope the rabid Vic fans don't make his life hell.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
Even before the scandal I never understood the love for him as Broly. His voice is way too weak to do screams for a character that mostly screams.
His screams aren't schemmel good but I liked him for the nefarious and soft voice he would go for. Gotta rewatch broly again but his take there wasn't bad either.

just to be clear though not defending the man just saying I liked him as broly.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Heard nothing but good things about JYB and he's super talented, and sounds great as Broly.
This is win-win-win for everyone except Vic, and he don't deserve a win, lol, fuckin' creep.

Also if anyone is confused as to why this is a thing, and a GOOD thing:
To summarize, Vic has been accused of being a creep to his fans, including underage fans, for 15+ years now. The volume of such claims is enough that there's no way that at least one of the accusations isn't true, and I'd argue most if not all are. Back in January, due to a combination of a famous con goer being outed as a creeper and it being around the release of the Broly movie, people started talking about him again, and the #KickVic hashtag started with even more people coming forward with stories. Some of his coworkers supported these fans, then some even came forward with their own story. Rather than take culpability and try to become a better person, he sued his coworkers and Funimation (even though all Funi did was say they'd no longer wok with him). He ended up losing the case (in part due to having a poor case, in part due to having a shitty, alt-right supported lawyer that was hired via crowdfund by Vic's more gullible fans and Comicsgaters) and unless he files appeals now, he has to pay over a half a million in lawyers' fees. Oh and by showing how litigation happy he is, he's probably sealed the deal of never working with big name (for anime dubbing and game dubbing/VO work) studios again lol.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
LOL I remember this anime. I was shocked as hell when I heard that shit

I also fondly remember dude shouting "BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE"
I have, to be honest, when I read your post AND saw your name my fingers lit on fire with the speed they were typing into YouTube for a clip of Mari of either language.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
imagine trying to harass a man who used to be a power ranger and still practices martial arts to this day
johnny would sleep any of vic's supporters if they got in his face

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Huge upgrade, good choice. They won't, but I'd love them to release a redub of the movie too.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Huge upgrade.

... He'll always be my favorite Black Ranger too.
HideousIllegalCalf-size_restricted.gif

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I guess we can probably expect him to be the voice actor for future anime dubs as well since I think Funimation generally handle the dubbing for the games with the same actors.

JYB is a frequent collaborator with Funimation with reoccuring roles in Black Clover, Free, and now DB and One Piece, so that's not a problem.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
But guyssssss ISWV people said that Monica was gonna start stealing Vic's VA roles.

LOL

Last edited:

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
JYB is a good dude and a great VA so every thing is good though it's gonna take awhile for me to get used to him

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the casting, but I think he's still a better voice for Broly than Vic was. Not that it matters a whole lot since most of the time Broly just screams, especially in this game.